Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
barron2260

Aeroponic system x16

Amazon Aeroponic 16-Pot System (1.5" Net Pots)

I have a few questions about this system and style of growing if anyone has used it before or one like it?

1. Would this 16 plant system be suitable for 16 MJ plants or would two of the 8 plant systems be better? Going straight into flowering from clones approx 9" in height.

2. If the 16 plant system is okay, would running x1 600 Watt HPS be enough or would two be required or perhaps a single 1000 watt HPS? Which would you use?

I have used an 8 pot system in the past....for a 16 pot system i would suggest you veg as minimum as possible and go for a SOG with rooted clones flipped to 12/12 as soon as they are settled in the system, so less than 1 weeks of settling/veg...if you veg longer then they will start to get bushy and crowed each other.

600w should be fine in a 1mx1m area over the system...could add more if your space is bigger but with that comes more issues such as heat dispersal etc

I have used an 8 pot system in the past....for a 16 pot system i would suggest you veg as minimum as possible and go for a SOG with rooted clones flipped to 12/12 as soon as they are settled in the system, so less than 1 weeks of settling/veg...if you veg longer then they will start to get bushy and crowed each other.

600w should be fine in a 1mx1m area over the system...could add more if your space is bigger but with that comes more issues such as heat dispersal etc

Thanks for the reply

I was thinking of doing constant 12/12 and starting with clones at about 9" for quick cycles. Saw a post on another forum about doing this and was intrigued. 4 plants at a time 2/3 weeks apart for regular harvest

Thanks for the reply

I was thinking of doing constant 12/12 and starting with clones at about 9" for quick cycles. Saw a post on another forum about doing this and was intrigued. 4 plants at a time 2/3 weeks apart for regular harvest

If your only growing 4 plants in an amazon then id veg them longer mate, might as well make use of the room as much as possible....i have flipped chronic clones that were just rooted in my aero cloner and they eneded up a 12" tall and got 1oz each off them....so a 16 pot system your looking at 16oz off 16 plants etc...search Prawn's diarys on chronic mate.

the amazon isnt a true aeroponics system tho. its also pretty lame imo. (unless its been re-designed since i last checked it) you could make a proper aeroponics kit yourself probably. cost a fair bit tho depending wot type you go for although a diy fogger aerponics kit can be quit cheap an is much better than the amazon. youd be better off jus growing in soil or coco instead of bothering with the amazon. if you want to do aeroponics you should invest or make a true real aeroponics system with proper foggers or atomisers an not use a system that effectively just sprinkles lil water droplets around your rootzone. that is not particularly good for your roots for starters.

otherwise go for dwc system instead. i wouldnt touch the amazon or any kit like it with a barge pole mate however i have been wanting to try real aeroponics for years but the only true kit is no longer available its also fucking expensive, the Atomix. i so want that kit.

Edited by Grimweeder

the amazon isnt a true aeroponics system tho. its also pretty lame imo. (unless its been re-designed since i last checked it) you could make a proper aeroponics kit yourself probably. cost a fair bit tho depending wot type you go for although a diy fogger aerponics kit can be quit cheap an is much better than the amazon. youd be better off jus growing in soil or coco instead of bothering with the amazon. if you want to do aeroponics you should invest or make a true real aeroponics system with proper foggers or atomisers an not use a system that effectively just sprinkles lil water droplets around your rootzone. that is not particularly good for your roots for starters.

otherwise go for dwc system instead. i wouldnt touch the amazon or any kit like it with a barge pole mate however i have been wanting to try real aeroponics for years but the only true kit is no longer available its also fucking expensive, the Atomix. i so want that kit.

Any reason why its not good for the root zone?

I never mastered the amazon system but i have seen grows on here and they were getting 50oz from 16 plants, which isnt bad i would guess

There was a member called "G-Love" that used the atomix, had it mastered after a few grows....but he left years ago :(