Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Abe Froman

Vegetarian Recipes -Post your favourites here

56 posts in this topic

not a strick vegetarian myself but the kids are. this is a great easy curry, quick and easy to prepare

vegan chickpea curry for 4

two cans chick peas

one can chopped tomatoes

one can coconut milk

2 large onions

5-6 cloves of garlic

thumb sizes piece of ginger

1 tbs tomato paste

1 tbs ground coriander

1 tbs ground cumin

1 tsp ground chilli(or to taste)

1 tsp ground tumeric

1 tsp mustard seeds

1 tsp sugar

1 tsp salt

2 tbs veg oil

blend the onion,garlic, ginger into a puree in a blender or chop finely. fry in the oil untill golden without burning(keep it moving)

add the mustard seeds and stir in the spices. fry until fragrant then add the tomatoes and tomato puree and sugar. fry gentally untill you see the oil start to separate then add the drained chick peas and coconut milk and heat through. add salt (to taste) and garnish with chopped fresh coriander and sliced green chilli if wanted. serve with boiled rice

2 people like this

150g hemp protein

50g organic milled oats (powdered)

1 tablespoon of peanut / almond butter

1 tablespoon of hazelnut spread

oat milk

teaspoon of muscovado or any sugar

Blend until blended.

This smoothie is like rocket fuel, it's really nutritious and really tasty.

Meat free chilli

3 cloves of garlic, fry in olive oil. You can add onion if you like them

Cup each of chickpeas, kidney beans, borlotti beans, black beans and lentils

a tin of plum tomatoes

a carton of passata

1 tablespoon of cumin, coriander, dried chilli and 3 cardamom pods, if you like it hot add more than this.

Cook it till its reduced. I used to like this with cheese melted on top, or with steamed dumplings.

that smoothie sounds lush, will have to try that, where you get the hemp protein from??

Chickpeas are good food, people should eat more of them, three tablespoons equals one of your 'five a day'. they are high in protein, and like oats can reduce your cholesterol.

3 people like this

cauliflower, coconut and chick pea curry.

1 large onion
2 cloves garlic
3cm piece fresh root ginger
1 medium-sized cauliflower
400g can chickpeas
½ vegetable stock cube
vegetable or any nut oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp turmeric
1 x ground
fresh coriander
fresh chilli
1 can of coconut milk

(optional) -

a squeeze of lime to lift it.

almonds or cashews.

i dont normally like cooking with pineapple but its is pretty nice in this.

quite a quick cook curry but lovely non the less ;)

brake up the cauliflower in to florets and sear on all sides in a dry pan, this is where loads of the flavor is added and is essential to do, remove and put on side till later. on a low heat, to avoid burning, with a little oil fry the spices and chilli, ginger and garlic for 2 mins to soften and bring out the oils. add the onion an cook til soft.

drain and add the the chick peas, add the nuts and cauliflower - cook for 5 mins.

then add the coconut milk and some veg stock (how much is up to you but as the curry wont take long to cook so there is little time to reduce anything) and cook for five to ten min's being careful not to over cook the cauliflower.

season with salt and sir through the fresh coriander at the end just before serving.

Edited by Sancho Panza
4 people like this

I've ate Dal every day for 3 weeks now, I love it.

Soak lentils for 20 mins or so then rinse. Bring to boil, 1.5 cups of lentils to 4-5 cups of water. At boil add 1 tsp of tumeric and whatever other spice u fancy, I usually add garam masala. Simmer for half hour or so, or until its like porridge. Stick in a knob of butter to stop it sticking to the pot.

Meanwhile chop a cup full of onions finely, mince up a few cloves of garlic and any other veg u fancy, I usually use bell peppers. Fry these on the pan with loads of butter, some salt, and as many chillies as you think you can handle! Mix the fried stuff into the lentils when they're done. Simple as.

Can be served with rice as I do sometimes, but I prefer to make my own nan bread, and use a side serving of natural yoghurt, which I also make, as my cooling sauce. Ive tried making chapatti but I don't have the correct pan, it always comes out crap, so I make nan instead. Yummy.

Edited by i-11
7 people like this

Manjulas kitchen :chef:

3 people like this

@@Hughie Green

Nice one mate, she gives some good tips there! I really need one of those heavy skillets. I've tried making them a few times, never come out soft like I want them to. I need a Mrs. Manjulas in my kitchen!

1 person likes this

I think the Ghee is the secret to that as well as stacking them under a tea towel to rest so the steam softens them.

1 person likes this

My favourite meal is following recipe

250 gramms of frozen asia vegetables coocked in a pot.

62,5 gramms rice coocked.

As sauce, 75 gramms of american cheese heated and grinded, mixed with 100 gramms yoghurt and 1,5 gramms salt.

If it is not good enough, take a bit more salt.

It tastes better, when you put the sauce beside the vegetables and rice.

My favourite meal is following recipe

250 gramms of frozen asia vegetables coocked in a pot.

62,5 gramms rice coocked.

As sauce, 75 gramms of american cheese heated and grinded, mixed with 100 gramms yoghurt and 1,5 gramms salt.

If it is not good enough, take a bit more salt.

It tastes better, when you put the sauce beside the vegetables and rice.

Why such a specific rice quantity? :rofl:

Why such a specific rice quantity? :rofl:

You can take more, but than the sauce is not enough for the whole meal and it becomes boring.

Like a burger, the sauce is enough for 1 not for 2.

The rice bags have 125 gramms, i use a half of it.

Edited by vapfire

Coconut flower pancakes.

These are quick to make and yummy.

2 Tblsp coconut flower

2 eggs

Pinch salt\ sugar

Dash of vanilla etc or paste

Half tsp baking powder

5 Tblsp milk or coconut milk

Nob of butter or melted coconut oil.

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl

Mix wet ingredients together pour into dry and whisk for a cpl mins to form a batter.

Heat a bit of butter or oil in a frypan add a laddle of batter smooth out a bit then add some blueberry's cpl of Raspberry's cook until undersides golden flipp and cook other side until berries burst add some greek yogurt spoon of honey...heavenly.

4 people like this

One word... Falafel! You guys even mentioned chick peas, falafel is amazing and can be used to substitute meat in a lot of things. The traditional way in pita bread is the best tho...

Falafel1

Falafel2

Falafel3

Really easy to make, can be transformed drastically and easily with just a slight change of seasoning and is very cheap.
Edited by FlakeyJakey
5 people like this