Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
antongreen

Should trim/prune the leaves back?

Alright Every one im 3 weeks 2 days in to flower on lemon haze, i trimmed a lot off the bottom of my four plants just before i flicked to 12/12 lighting, my buds seem to be growing nicly theres plenty of them and they are a nice size in my opinion, although im a new grower so i cant really say if they are the best. My problem question is; a lot of leaves have grown, should i trim them back or is it best to leave them on??

Hi mate, you seem to be pleased with your grow so i would say leave them alone. The fan leaves are the plants solar panels so you are always walking the line between helping and hindering.

1 person likes this

Hi mate, you seem to be pleased with your grow so i would say leave them alone. The fan leaves are the plants solar panels so you are always walking the line between helping and hindering.

Thanks mate i thought that, why i asked is in the space i have them in which is ok for four plants hardly any light is reaching through to the lower branches because of the leaf growth that has occured.

trimming the lower foliage is usually done at two weeks into flower

if at all.

get reading some diaries Anto i read the ones that resembled my own setup

and if i found something i liked it went in me groom

oh yes and read all the Environment guff

thats what made the difference to my yields.

1 person likes this

Try to encourage light to the buds by bending leaves outta the way rather than snappin.

Not only does removing healthy leaves reduce the plants ability to convert light to energy but if you're later into flower it can sometimes leave open wounds too, these can sometimes give mould a leg up and can be a open door to budrot.

Next grow try to plan for how the plants are goin to develop, get the lower growth (airbuds) off before the plant wastes too much time on em and train/bend/scrog the tops so the canopy forms level as they grow. Then you won't have any excess crap te worry bout using up energy later on when it should all be goin to the top buds. Leaves feed te buds, skiff buds lower downs what ye wanna be removing. But only upto the second week in flower really tho, probably bit late to do a massive amount of removal after then, stress like that can sometimes causes male flowers to appear.

Don't worry, there's always room fer improvement with every grow!

Ps leave the leaves on!

Edited by Darwin
1 person likes this

Thanks very much fellas i did remove a load of the bottoms of my plants just before i flicked so it will have to do i will try and bend a few out the way but i think other than doing that im going to leave it as it is for now thanks again

Thanks very much fellas i did remove a load of the bottoms of my plants just before i flicked so it will have to do i will try and bend a few out the way but i think other than doing that im going to leave it as it is for now thanks again

Best way mate! Enjoy the plants as they are now and try not to wish them into summat else, next run look at improvements but never wish them on the ones growin now.

Hopefully see ya around the boards, good luck with all future endeavours!

1 person likes this

Best way mate! Enjoy the plants as they are now and try not to wish them into summat else, next run look at improvements but never wish them on the ones growin now.

Hopefully see ya around the boards, good luck with all future endeavours!

thanks mate can u copy an paste a few links to the threads u think are best to learn about 8 week flowering plants please.

Not on this iPod! Best thing I've found is go into gooooogle an put uk420 after what your lookin for ( ie 8 week strains uk420) and it'll bring up a load of results from this site first, its a bit easier than the search function we got here

Edited by Darwin
2 people like this

Just a thought, sweet seeds fast versions? Ave a look on their breeder help desk on here, green poison, Creme caramel etc all look like early finishers. But don't take my word fer it, ave a look at attitude too but always go to the breeders sites direct as they can have extra info!

1 person likes this

Anything that doesn't fill out due to being shaded is hash pile gold so don't worry too much. There is nothing like turning acrid suger leaf and airy bud into a block of delight. Good luck with it all and stick about man :-)

1 person likes this