Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iBlazeDaily

Need help finding a potent 'super auto'

26 posts in this topic

Hi all, absolutely fantastic to be back and planning my next grow.

My plan this time is to grow just one single, large plant in my cupboard in a 20 litre pot and uner a 400W hps.

My qustion is does anyone know of a suitable strain for my needs?

I'm not ruling out normal photo-period plants, however I have been looking a lot at these so called 'super auto's' such as dutch passions 'think different' or 'autoxtreme'

Any input appreciated thanks -_-

Edited by iBlazeDaily

if your planning on doing a single plant in a 20 litre pot don't bother with an auto because it will start flowering before the pot is fully rooted your better off going with regular or feminised seed and vegging for a long period.

8 people like this

If you're doing just one plant then you'd be better off with a photoperiod, you could still get a respectable yield with autos but i'd do more than 1 as you can't choose when you want an auto to start flowering. If you just want some smoke then you could do 4 autos or something in 6l pots and then next time round move onto photoperiods?

1 person likes this

Go for a photoperiod strain, plenty of great ones to pick from. Have you tried anything from SickMeds seeds. I have grown both Bizarre and a "Cherry AK47 x Butterscotch Hawaiian x 89 Hashplant", both great strains. :D

2 people like this

One plant, so you want to grow a tree. Long veg times and an early flower, say 8/9 weeks strains are your best bet. Go for a big yielder. So you could veg for a good month or two even if i was you and flower as short as possible.

Forget the haze strains, too sat dom will take a long time to flower.

As for strains, god there are so many and the majority of them are ,lovely smokes, go for short flower big yeilders and veg long time. Top it and bend it and maybe SCROG it (Easy on one plant) and you never know you might hit the magic 1g per watt!

2 people like this

Well, maybe, but the hazes are also the biggest yielders - by a country mile - when grown as trees.

So it might be worth it, on balance.

The biggest factor, of course, is if you like haze smoke or not. Some people won't smoke anything else...:D

1 person likes this

buy some killerskunk you can sex them at 3 weeks veg usually, grow out 1 hope for a female or grow out 2 if you like. last ks i saw that was a single plant grown under a 400w i think maybe 600w gave them 16 oz dry, i think it was amnesia's plant the diary is on this forum. that alone made me decide to buy some killers.

super fast an vigorous growth an good yeild with super frosty potent an apparently super tasty buds. that 20l pot would be filled out in 6 weeks veg probably the way the killers grow. im growing some now in 11l pots not huge but big enough an they are some of the best plants ive grown ever. the roots are the biggest whitest ive ever had an the pots were filled in no time. if you jus wanted one plant an you want super potent really nice stinky bud then id say buy a pack of killerskunks.

i only got 4 ish weeks left on my ks an ive never been this excited about getting a grow finished since probably my first grow.

Edited by Grimweeder
2 people like this

Thanks for all your sound advice once again uk420! Your probably right about a just growing a photo strain.

I dabbled with auto's on my last grow and was really pleasantly surprised with th results. They were in small pot's and I've been curious to see what they could achieve in a proper pot & given proper care & attention. I can vaguely seeing a dutch passion 'super-auto' (?maybe think different) that was an absolute monster.

I'm used to groing 6+ plants in 11l pots of cocco tbh , but I have limited space and an agreement with the missus - told her 'just one'. :rofl:

So this time I'm going for one super-size, super potent bitch!

Also, I'm keeping simple this time so no fancy gadgets or nutes, just light, fan/filter,therm/hydgro and my girl. Believe it or not, I've never actually grew a plant in soil before (im used to cocco) so this time I'll be switching to soil (prob. Plantmagic) instead of cocco, like I said it's all about grade for me and I really want to keep it simple....

Edited by iBlazeDaily
1 person likes this

if your planning on doing a single plant in a 20 litre pot don't bother with an auto because it will start flowering before the pot is fully rooted your better off going with regular or feminised seed and vegging for a long period.

thanks mate think your prob. right.

If you're doing just one plant then you'd be better off with a photoperiod, you could still get a respectable yield with autos but i'd do more than 1 as you can't choose when you want an auto to start flowering. If you just want some smoke then you could do 4 autos or something in 6l pots and then next time round move onto photoperiods?

Limited to one my friend, and really groing for quality this time, after all I'll be smoking it for a good a while so I really want something special

Go for a photoperiod strain, plenty of great ones to pick from. Have you tried anything from SickMeds seeds. I have grown both Bizarre and a "Cherry AK47 x Butterscotch Hawaiian x 89 Hashplant", both great strains. :D

Never heard much of SickMeds KBR but what I've seen so far looks good. Watching your thread with interest as always m8, keep up the good work -_- Edited by iBlazeDaily

@@iBlazeDaily - You can write @ then a username to give notifications to people now. Like @KingBlueRizla. :D

2 people like this

One plant, so you want to grow a tree. Long veg times and an early flower, say 8/9 weeks strains are your best bet. Go for a big yielder. So you could veg for a good month or two even if i was you and flower as short as possible.

GOT IT IN 1 M8, THAT'S THE PLAN! Thanks for your input pal some sound advice
1 person likes this

Well, maybe, but the hazes are also the biggest yielders - by a country mile - when grown as trees.

So it might be worth it, on balance.

The biggest factor, of course, is if you like haze smoke or not. Some people won't smoke anything else...:D

I do like smoking hazes - but I don't think I'm patient enough to actually grow one! :rofl: Edited by iBlazeDaily

Sounds good GrimWeeder is that underground originals? Don't know if I can be arsed with reg. seeds though tbh m8 -_-

Ok, so maybe not an auto although, I still believed some good results can be had with them, maybe later.....

(*wondering if dutchpassiontony can chip in with a link to that think diferent led grow I seen on here, and now can't find - it was epic!)

Maybe I shold change thread title now?! :rofl: Now looking for a feminised, potent,photostrain that will respond well to this method (single plant, large pot - want a bushy tree) that flowers quite quick(9wk max). Does anyone know any links on here to simmilar grows? Been looking but most people with cupboards seem to do small sogs?!

So can anyone reccomend something potent, to suit my needs.

Like the look of TH seeds - underdawg Og......

Edited by iBlazeDaily