Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marvellous_Mark

How much do you water your cuttings?

Hi Guys,

My question is simple, how much do you water your cuttings?

I potted up my Blue Cheese cuttings yesterday in 18 litre pots using Plant Magic soil supreme, I gave them 250ml each water with Hesi Root Stimulator and Supervit.

I' ve read conflicting views on different sites on watering but this is my first grow and I decided to go with the little and often approach. However when I got home from work today, most of them looked limp and starved. I' ve since watered them around 400 ml each with added Hesi Powerzyme in the mixture with the root Stimulator and Supervit. I think I may have made a mistake and should have watered thoroughly?

Sorry there is not any pictures, I' ve unfortunately got to go back to work and keep my fingers crossed they will be OK, it’s going to be a long four hours!

Also the temperature in the tent had got up to 42oc! Thanks to my missus accidently unplugging the outlet fan, which has not helped!!

Why have you Potted up into 18l?

What size pot were they in before?

You should be able to fully drench an 18l and will last 4 days or so if the plant is the correct size.

It sounds like a smaller pot would've been better.

RR

Oh and yeah, 42 will kill em real quick!

RR

Edited by Road_Runner

You are going to have problems potting cuttings into 18 litres of compost. They ideally need to be watered on a wet/dry schedule which means fully saturating the compost and letting the plants use this up over the course of a few days until it is 85% dry and then starting the process again..

For this to work properly you need to be potting up in stages and only when the cuttings have fully rooted out the pots that they are in..

Perhaps think about re-potting into smaller pots..

Edited by madgiz

It should take at least a month and a half to get em up to that size pots. Your supposed to do it in stages startin at around a litre and workin up to your finals, rooting those out fer a week or so each time before potting on.

Thanks for the quick replys!

I' m on my phone now at work, can't concentrate wondering if the plants will be OK. I will have to think about doing it in stages on my next grow.

What would you recommend for this situation I' m in now? Should I saturate the plants when I get home?

Buy some smaller pots if you don't have some at hand and repot them in smaller pots. Potting up in stages helps the plants establish a good root ball and as the rhyme goes, more roots, more fruits.

1 person likes this

When did you pot up? As others have said you really shouldn't pot straight up to that size, I go from jiffy pellets, to 1L, to 3L, to 6L, then finally to 10-11L. Providing they haven't started rooting into the new pots, you really would be better off putting them into 1L pots, if they're fresh cuttings. You will encounter problems if you don't, awkward watering issues and a lot of stretch for sure, also your root ball won't develop as well as if you pot up in stages. If you potted up in the last three or four days you should be able to transplant them fairly easily, just do your best not to damage the roots.

Also, the drooping is most likely because of the heat.

:yinyang:

Edited by CantBeFuct

just re pot em up in smaller pots its a no brainer mate