Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MaxCraven

Outdoors in Brazil

Hi everyone.

I'm a very competent old skool indoor grower from the UK.

I just moved to Brazil, a few hundred miles south of the equator.

I have some good local seeds and plan to start a personal outdoor set-up.

I've been out of the game a few years, and wanted to know what strains are doing the biz currently.

I'm back to Europe for a vacation before the end of the year and will be stocking up with new seeds, so any names would be great.

Also, any experiences from growers in sub-tropical climates.

Thanks.

2 people like this

Hello, welcome to UK420, don't know what seeds you should buy, but you should have a chat with a member here called Forest dog, he has a farm in Brazil and he is a nice chap,

Good luck with your grow.

2 people like this

Why, thank you Coco mate.

Max, I've been out here for about 12 years now and I'd be happy to help you out with any advice about living out here that you may need.

I can't give you any help on growing though I'm afraid as I haven't had the bottle to grow while I've been here apart from one little runty auto.

You should be aware that growing a few plants is classed the same as coke production, its a serious offense that will get you hard prison time if you are caught. Possession of seeds is classed as possessing raw materials for drug production and will get you a fair bit of bird too.

While possessing personal weed is a relatively minor offense, anything to do with production or dealing is know as an Article 5, or heinous offense, along with rape, murder, terrorism and torture. That means you have to do the full sentence and you do 3/4 of it in a high security prison as opposed to about 1/6 for other crimes.

Not trying to put you off or anything but you should know what you are getting into should you decide to start down that road.

Have you worked out how to score yet mate?

Its not the same as back home. You will need to roll through a poor area and look for the youths on bicycles hanging out on the street corners. You want to ask for 'Masa' which means Pasta but comes from fumaça which means smoke. Normally you'll buy it in R$5 pieces which are about an 1/8th. I used to buy 50grams at a time at first but once I worked out how easy it was to score I figured it was better to just pick up a little bit each time as 50g will be classed as dealing.

Get posting mate so you can get your count up to 50 posts and you'll be able to PM me if there is anything your not comfortable discussing on the boards.

Nice to meet a fellow refugee, if I can help out just ask ok.

8 people like this

Lucky Ba$!ard!!

What about looking at The Real Seed Company section and talk to namhka?

I'm not sure if he has any South American strains, but they deal with landrace strains which could be good. I imagine any strain that is popular to grow outdoors in Spain or south California would be pretty suitable for Brazil.

Lucky Ba$!ard!!

Lucky? Treated the same as a murderer or rapist for growing a plant?

3 people like this

Yeah good luck whatever you decide dude! :)

From what I've read you'll probably have to grow pure Sats to get a decent crop as your light cycle wont vary much so close to the equator!

Any indica/ wide leaf dominant leaning hybrid would need to be vegged with extra lighting before going outside to flower..

( it's probably close to 12/12 all the time where you are!.....)

Scoring does sound quite easy though..... :)

Again, good luck!

Yeah good luck whatever you decide dude! :)

From what I've read you'll probably have to grow pure Sats to get a decent crop as your light cycle wont vary much so close to the equator!

Any indica/ wide leaf dominant leaning hybrid would need to be vegged with extra lighting before going outside to flower..

( it's probably close to 12/12 all the time where you are!.....)

Scoring does sound quite easy though..... :)

Again, good luck!

Hi Stonehenge, I have been pondering the problem of what ones would go best out here myself.

If I was going to bring in seeds and get a grow on I think I would go for autos. Where I am we get a bit of day length difference, about 14-10, but, you're right, most of the time indica type plants would go straight into flower as soon as you put them out.

I think it would be difficult to set up an indoor grow room here to grow them on a bit because of the heat, if its 40°C outside you can imagine the temps in an enclosed space with lights. It would be a crime to use electricity too when you have this sort of sun power.

I'd avoid growing Sats just because of the risk factor and the length of time they would need to be out for.

It would be well interesting to see how some of the modern autos go under the tropical sun and I am tempted......

@@forest dog, have you ever thought of doing a guerrilla grow out there?

Yeah Mud, I think about it a lot. I've actually got a few spots and planed the whole thing out to the finest detail but I lack the seeds.

I did bring a few back with me from the UK once but they were the first types of autos and the one that went the distance was pretty poor.

I think about grabbing some every time I visit the UK but the whole thing would be a risky business.

I know a guy with a clean record, who got 7 years for 20 plants.

The thing is our neighboring countries are relaxing the laws much more now so I'm hoping things may change here in the not too distant future. If it does open up here then I'll fill my farm with plants.

1 person likes this