Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
datadude

datadude's Big Girls.

83 posts in this topic

Hi dudes,

It's been about a year since I have been on the site for various reasons, I'm back for a short while to share me big girls and maybe answer any questions.

Anyway, the growing has not been too bad considering that we had a 6 month winter, and it was still cold and freezing at the beginning of the season, anyone notice it snowed 6 times

in 6 months, in the UK?

Last year as a few of you may know, i cropped 7 big girls, here are last years figures, there were 7 plants to begin with all hit 7-10 ft high, the weather claimed two, they took so much wind damage,

I found if a big girl loses a middle branch, there little hope of her recovering. and one went moldy before i could get to her, so really i had 4 large plants, I managed to trim 84 ounces off the remaining plants with the biggest yielding around 24-26 dried ounces off her.
It took two weeks of 12 hour days to give it all a proper close trim and get into the drying room, also 84 dried ounces needs 36 large kilner jars.

This year I tried the same again, but bigger, i doubled the GG plot size and and filled all 6 of the large pots I have.

I started taking cuttings around beginning of march, kept them in my tent and potted them up religiously, I took a variety of cuttings from a few various seeds:

10x cheese - reg
2 x green poison
2 x jack 47
2 x wild rose
1 x chocolate heaven-g13
1 x og kush-reserva
1 x critical plus
1 x silver l.a.-reserva
1 x grapefruit-positronic
2 x bubba kush-hs-regs
2 x goji og-bohdi-regs

2 x old times x smile
2 x ot/cheese x cheese/smile

1 x cheese candy auto
1 x l.a. woman
1 x white widow x big bud
1 x l.a. confidential

I basically just planted out everything i had in my little seedbank, all the single freebies and a couple of packs i had been saving.

As for feed, i dont feed mine much, i only use plant magic, oldtimer range, veg, bloom and boost, and they live in plant magic soil.

I give all the plants half dose feeds than what it says on the bottle.

I suppose we better get on with the show, i havent bothered taking pictures up until now as vegging plants are boring, but we're getting close to flower now, so its all getting a little more exciting.

The Big girls

Group shot.

8. All Of them

A few people have come into my garden and nobody has noticed them.

2. canna garden side On

Close up.

3. side On closer

I took way too many cuttings.

4. three At The back

The three at the back

5. Bed 1

Two raised beds with 20 little uns in them.

6. front three

The front three, the biggest of the lot.

7. Big Uns

Close up of the front three in their 75 litre pots.

9. shed girls

Two i put in the shed on a 12/12 for a bit of early smoke.

GG plot

My GG plot, with 7 big girls in it, can you spot them? I'll get some close up shots today dudes.

I hope you have enjoyed the pictures dudes and i'll try and add a few more as we get closer to flower in a couple of weeks.

I'll also get over the GG plot and get a few pictures of the big girls in the wild.

If I can inspire one person to get their grow on, its been worth it for me, just be prepared that outdoor growing is a learning curve, like anything.

the first year or two, be prepared for the very, very worst and it all seems to come good year two or three, so bare that in mind when you start out.

Any questions, please fire away.

over 'n' out

datadude

18 people like this

looking good as last year mate looking forward to some bud shots , might get in COTC this year.. :lookaround:

1 person likes this

Good looking monsters there fella, ;)

When did you start them off indoors?

Nobody has noticed them in your garden? Who did you invite, Stevie Wonder? :rofl:

I'll have a good look when i get back :yinyang:

9 people like this

Big girls in there mate..giod lyck to finish them...

Looking great. Remember that CoC is a photography competition with weed as the theme. So borrow a good camera and take lots of interesting shots to stand a chance of getting nominated.

I thought you wasn't coming back after your tantrum last year :blub:

2 people like this

This is what everyone's back garden should look like if they so wish!

You wasn't lying mate they are some big big girls bravo. :)

1 person likes this

looking good as last year mate looking forward to some bud shots , might get in COTC this year.. :lookaround:

Hi Thirty33,

thanks bud, i'm also looking forward to flower time, nothing like it eh, as for cotc, i truly have no interest in it, i have a 12 year old crappy camera and it takes crap shots.

ill keep ya posted.

over 'n' out

data.

1 person likes this

Jesus buddy you have big balls growing those in your garden;) stick some tinsel on them and they would pass for Xmas trees :)

Good looking monsters there fella, ;)

When did you start them off indoors?

Nobody has noticed them in your garden? Who did you invite, Stevie Wonder? :rofl:

I'll have a good look when i get back :yinyang:

Hi mate,

thanks for the comments, i started them off around march, as for anyone noticing, it seems once they get over a certain size, say, 6-8 ft, people stop noticing them.

my friend is a tent grower,(he's only ever seen smaller plants) he walked into my garden, stood there smoking a joint and said, where are they then, lol, that kinda summed it up really.

over 'n' out

data.

1 person likes this

Looking great. Remember that CoC is a photography competition with weed as the theme. So borrow a good camera and take lots of interesting shots to stand a chance of getting nominated.

Hi Gom mate,

i have lost any interest i had in cotc, shame really, i said before, i have a 12 year old camera, i have to hold the batteries in to take pictures, lol, but it seems to make me more determined to continue using it.

i will not conform.

joking mate.

over 'n' out

datadude.

Edited by datadude

I thought you wasn't coming back after your tantrum last year :blub:

i wasn't, but i just couldnt keep away, this should be a short return, the internet here will be cut off in 2 weeks, so i probably wont be back for at least 1-2 years.

i will try upload a few pictures for the GG boys in an internet cafe or something , as i dont use mobile devices and will have no computers for a while it may be a little difficult.

over 'n' out

datas

This is what everyone's back garden should look like if they so wish!

You wasn't lying mate they are some big big girls bravo. :)

Hi lovemaryj71,

i agree, everyone would have one if it were legal i reakon, shame eh.

thanks for the kind words mate,

over 'n' out

data.

Big girls in there mate..giod lyck to finish them...

Hi se7en,

i reakon im gonna need a little luck come moldy bud time.

thanks for stopping by.

over 'n' out

data.

Yer gonna smash it data mate,better than last year :yep: Dont you have any of yer own crosses that ye had last year?

Good stuff

Salty

:pugwash: