Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beaucoup

Epsom Salts - how much too use?

I have some Whiteberry plants, just gone into 12/12.

I am using biobizz nutes in All Mix with OT's feeding schedule, just planning on using the grow and bloom during the 12/12 cycle.

The advice about Epsom Salts on the OT Schedule is to give the plants one heaped tablespoon per 10 litres at day 21 of bloom.

The alternative advice in the sticky is to give one dose of Epsom Salts during veg and twice during bloom, on bloom days of 10 and 35. The amount is given as between one level desertspoon and one heaped tablespoon per 5 litres. This is up to double the amount suggested in the OT schedule.

I have not used Epsom Salts before so I am a bit cautious about using too much.

About 6 weeks into the 8 week veg I did give the plants a litre each of water with Epsom Salts at a concerntration of half a level desertspoon per 5 litres. They seemed to grow a bit faster and became a healthier looking shade of green. I feel that they could have taken a bit more though.

What are people doing with Epsom Salts?

The water here is alkali and hard, if that makes a difference.

How big is the window between not enough Epsom Salts and too much?

How do you know when they could take some more and when you have given them too much?

What I could do is label up the 4 plants into group A and group B and then find out which Epsom Salts method works better on these particular plants.

Before I do this though I would like to know how others have got on with Epsom Salts in the past and how to avoid any disasters.

Thanks.

I always use one heaped desert spoonful per 10L mixed in warm water so it dissolves. Wouldnt use more in case I lock out other nuits, you can always do more at later date if show mg deficiency. Deficiencies or problems will occur on your leaves, plenty of picture guides online that show different examples of different deficiencies.

If you get problems you can always post a pic and people will identify it for you.

All the best

1 person likes this

I use half teaspoon per liter

Thanks.

It is not an exact science, is it?

Looking at my plants it seems like the upper leaves could have been using the Mg at the expense of the lower leaves, which would go along with my thinking that the half desertspoon of Epsom Salts in 5 litres of water shared between 5 plants was not quite enough.

Seems like you get problems if you add too much or too often, it is maybe better to have just one application in veg and two in flowering. What I will avoid is topping up with additional doses if it seems like they have not had enough.

You don't need much. I do one watering (same dilution as dropout) during mid-veg, and then maybe (if I remember) another one about 10 days into flower. Seems more than enough.

1 person likes this