Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PureSmkr

Treating my Psoriasis with Cannabis Oil

78 posts in this topic

Over the next month or so I will be attempting to treat my Psoriasis with cannabis oil.

@@Graywolf has a recipe for their Holy Anointing Oil
http://skunkpharmresearch.com/holy-anointing-oil-and-holy-shit/

Thought I'd give it a try.

I have all the ingredients, as follows:

BHO Cannabis oil
Coconut oil
Cinnamon Bark oil
Cinnamon Leaf oil .
Myrrh Gum
Emu oil

I'll be following the recipe and I am keen to do this properly to find out for certain:

- if the oil works?
- & if it does work, is it because of the cannabis?

I will be making 2 types of oil and applying one to my left knee and one to my right. As I am lucky enough to have Psoriasis on both knees this will ensure a fair test. :yahoo:

Polite note:
I know everyone is keen to help, thanks, but I am not looking for advice on general treatments for psoriasis, this thread is intended to be about cannabis oil and whether or not it works as a topical to treat psoriasis. I appreciate it's always meant well but honestly I've had Psoriasis for well over a decade and believe me I have been there, done it, got the T-Shirt and wore it to town.
However, if anyone has any input on this technique or similar, or can offer any help, advice or guidance on topical cannabis oil generally, I'd really love to hear it. Thanks.

So, for the cannabis oil I have the some Blues, its dried bud and in jars. I'll be turning it into BHO in the next few days.

To start with, here is a pic of my knees; i've hidden the pic under the spoiler as I know its not for everyone:

gallery_42175_3671_47456.jpg

I will be treating my left knee with cannabis oil and my right knee with the control oil (basically everything but the BHO, and a little extra coconut oil to keep the cinnamon oils dilute).

What am I hoping for?

I guess I'm looking to find out if this stuff works, and if it does I'll be keen to help share the info, in fact i'll be shouting it from the rooftops. Having previously worked pretty closely with a regional dermatology unit helping to try out different ointments, I would have thought that any information about an effective treatment should be very well received, regardless of the ingredients. If it doesn't work, then that would be nice to know too.

I plan on getting the stuff made up by the weekend, so I can start treatment on the 1st September.

I'll try to post up how I get on.

Edited by PureSmkr
15 people like this

Hi mate

Think this is spot on something that needs to be documentated by as many people as possible and i tip my hat in your direction for you doing it and letting us see the outcome :yep: my mother suffers from this very bad and like you mostly on her knees (about 4x the area of yours its pretty bad) and we have discussed at lengh about canna ointment i have even been reading great success stories involving the treatment .

All the best with this mate fair play :yep:

The power of canna is remarkable !

G :v:

1 person likes this

@@FARMER G thanks man, yeah I used to have it a lot worse but I had PUVA treatment again earlier in the year, which shrinks it right down and some bits totally disappear, but sadly its only temporary.

I wish your mum well its not nice to have. If she isn't against trying it then why not give it a crack G? See how it goes. Cheers I appreciate your comments & encouragement mate :yep:

I think she is leaning to trying it mate , i did see and read a story where the person who tried the ointment on there psoriasis pictured a before and after shot of only 9 days and it virtually dissapeared !

I will be showing her this thread as it progresses just for encouragment and hopefully will give her the decision to try it :yep:

Atb

G :v:

1 person likes this

All the best for this m8,and thanks for putting it out there for everyone to see.. :yes:

peace

1 person likes this

@@Happy Hippy cheers dude nice 1, really hoping on positive results - not just to heal myself but also to get it out there (if it works). :D

I have psoriasis was chronic until my early 20's when it's largely gone away apart from small spots on the elbows and knees. It corresponds with when I started smoking cannabis I do wonder if the 2 are related.

The best thing I found for Psoriasis was getting in the sun, when I was a child I had sunbed treatment at the hospital (A different UV wavelength to a tanning bed) and that was by far the most effect treatment I ever had I went from over 200 patches to 0 in 4 weeks with the sunbed treatment combined with some horrid brown cream which stank.

Good luck man be intreastin to c how u get on with this nice one mate

1 person likes this

Very interesting. Its good to see cannabis being used as a topical ointment for skin conditions as well as the conventional smoking and ingesting...

I'll be following this thread closely for your experiment results. ATB mate.

Charlie

1 person likes this

Hiya,This is the first time of heard of using oil for skin conditions, i really hope this works for you

if it does then it needs to be screamed from the rooftops, i can't wait to see the results

best of luck with it

stu :oldtoker:

'

1 person likes this

Thanks for the support & interest fellas, I'm looking forward to getting it made and ready to apply in the next few days :yes: I'll get some pics up of the process :yep:

1 person likes this

As the postman didn't bring the myrrh gum oil this morning (only bills lol ) I wont be able to make the oil until it arrives Mon / Tue next week.

No harm done, I can get the BHO made and then at least that's ready to go.

Just need to scrape it up now, not sure how much is there yet.

3 people like this

Good luck with this mate. I'll be following with interest. I have terrible psoriasis and also a freezer full of trim/popcorn buds...

1 person likes this

Cheers Johnny, hopefully it will help :yes: we'll see.

After scraping it up I decarboxylated the oil by heating the jar gently on a hotplate and lightly stirring the BHO for 40 mins or so. Not really sure if that's long enough but the bubbles stopped rising & it looks ok to me I guess.

2 people like this

All the ingredients have now arrived, I'll be tracking down some scales today so I can make this stuff up using the right measures.

Hopefully I can get this made & ready to apply for later today, luckily I work from home so should get a chance at some point today.

7 people like this