Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StevieRays

Mystery Oil

144 posts in this topic

Its not necessarily Benzene, but that lab did find aromatic hydrocarbons....

im doing some readin atm and cannabis resin, the stuff on the glands, not the stuff called soap ;) is it's self a Phenolic compound or other wise known as a aromatic hydrocarbon. tho i doubt the mystery oil is any ware near a cool as that tho lol

Edited by Sancho Panza
1 person likes this

OK, I picked up the test results and am still going through it a line at a time, pulling up the MSDS sheets, starting with the items of concern.

The first thing to keep in perspective, is that the total oil was 12 ppm from 21.3 liters, so the PPM in the study should be divided by 1,000,000 and multiplied by .000,012, to get the concentration.

That concentration number X 1,000,000 will give you parts per millionth.

In summary, there were simple Alkanes present as long as C-16, which are not of concern at the levels present.

In addition there are aromatic Alkenes present, that are of serious concern, but not at levels remotely close to exposure limits.

The concern with those Alkenes is really not reaching toxic limits, but the fact that some are known carcinogens, mutagens, teratogens, etc.

IE: Cyclohexane, isocyanato, which most likely came from the gaskets and seals used in the cans and process, because it isn't found naturally in butane.

Nasty bad shit, with an no exposure limits established and an intravenous LD-50 mouse of 13 ppm and present at the level of .000000001728 concentration, or .001728 parts per millionth. That is about 7500 times lower than the LD-50.

Another bad nasty present was Benzenamine, 3,5, at the levels of .035778 parts per millionth, with a Permissible Exposure Limit of 2 ppm TWA for 8 hours. That is only 56 times lower than PEL, so of more concern.

Benzene 1,1 showed up at a concentration of .000000003678, or .000003678 PPM, with a Permissible Exposure Limit of 110 ppm TWA 8 hours.

I could go on, but it will take me awhile to pull MSDS sheets for the whole list, so I've attached the raw data. Sorry the quality isn't better, but the original is barely readable and this was copied at 1200 bit resolution

Even if nothing is present at levels of serious health concern, I would prefer to not have any of that stuff in there, so in addition to fractional distillation using vacuum, we will be experimenting with Bentonite filters.

Test summary at:

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/bho-mystery-oil/

15 people like this

:haveadab: Order butane, order new vacuum pump, start saving for closed loop system. :D I was prepared for some nasty stuff, that sounds alright, ish. :D I thank you very much for the time, effort and money you have put into this GrayWolf, looking forward to seeing what future experiments come.:clapping::haveadab:

6 people like this

Like I said earlier,, get it down your neck.. lol

As you were.. :haveadab:

3 people like this

no waiting then boys lol me either ive had a tube of smelly berry waiting in the freezer, i even bought a new freezer for it as my ol blew last week lol

im looking forward to see what can be done with these clay filters cause whilst the levels of shit seem quite low its still concerning and id like to get rid if at possible. i prolly consume about a cans wort of oil a week so im not consuming huge amounts. is anyone going to check some BHO to see what's left in that....

right im off to blast... lol

Edited by Sancho Panza
3 people like this

OK, I picked up the test results and am still going through it a line at a time, pulling up the MSDS sheets, starting with the items of concern.

The first thing to keep in perspective, is that the total oil was 12 ppm from 21.3 liters, so the PPM in the study should be divided by 1,000,000 and multiplied by .000,012, to get the concentration.

That concentration number X 1,000,000 will give you parts per millionth.

In summary, there were simple Alkanes present as long as C-16, which are not of concern at the levels present.

In addition there are aromatic Alkenes present, that are of serious concern, but not at levels remotely close to exposure limits.

The concern with those Alkenes is really not reaching toxic limits, but the fact that some are known carcinogens, mutagens, teratogens, etc.

IE: Cyclohexane, isocyanato, which most likely came from the gaskets and seals used in the cans and process, because it isn't found naturally in butane.

Nasty bad shit, with an no exposure limits established and an intravenous LD-50 mouse of 13 ppm and present at the level of .000000001728 concentration, or .001728 parts per millionth. That is about 7500 times lower than the LD-50.

Another bad nasty present was Benzenamine, 3,5, at the levels of .035778 parts per millionth, with a Permissible Exposure Limit of 2 ppm TWA for 8 hours. That is only 56 times lower than PEL, so of more concern.

Benzene 1,1 showed up at a concentration of .000000003678, or .000003678 PPM, with a Permissible Exposure Limit of 110 ppm TWA 8 hours.

I could go on, but it will take me awhile to pull MSDS sheets for the whole list, so I've attached the raw data. Sorry the quality isn't better, but the original is barely readable and this was copied at 1200 bit resolution

Even if nothing is present at levels of serious health concern, I would prefer to not have any of that stuff in there, so in addition to fractional distillation using vacuum, we will be experimenting with Bentonite filters.

Test summary at:

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/bho-mystery-oil/

GW have run your scan through ps, can't tell how much it is improved as its still to small for me to read, but should be more readable for interested parties with sound eyesight, Ot1

http://www.uk420.com/boards/uploads/gallery/album_1876/gallery_338_1876_15661.jpg

7 people like this

amazing thread. thanks for puttin the time, money an effort into figuring this out. jus saved me some hassle as i was about to buy some butane. gonna jus make up some hemp oil instead now.

is it too late when your trim is really dry to use bubblebags?

Edited by Grimweeder

@@Grimweeder No, it will be fine. When you put the dry material in the water, let it soak for 10-15 mins, this will stop it being broken up into small pieces as soon as the machine/you start spinning the water. :D

Or you could do some dry sifting. Just put either a 120µ to 160µ bubble bag over a bucket and shake for a few minutes (3-10 mins). The more you shake, the more you get, but it will become less pure the longer you shake it. Just make sure that the bucket you use is clean and dry though, or you will have problems.

Edited by KingBlueRizla
5 people like this

Ill be doing a partial can discharge from here on in, 50-60% butane & bin the rest, store my cans upside down and dont shake. Some think the oil sits on top of the canned liquid butane.

The people that have blast tested this tec have found no mystery oil in the catchment chamber tho which is good news :)

:yinyang:

4 people like this

Keep the rest for filling up your torch and then give the nearly empty cans to friends for refilling lighters.

Or start making creme brulees. :D

1 person likes this

Heyup peeps,been following this topic closely as me and the missus got into dabbing a couple of months ago.but stopped soon as I seen this thread.so can I get dabbing again,forgive me for being thick.

Thanks for the heads up GW. :yep:

Anyway, I've just caught up on all this...

Although the mystery oil dosent bother me, I'm gonna be ditching butane and extracting using the super critical co2 closed loop extractor :naughty: a good friend put me on to this a while ago and it looks the shit!

Zion :haveadab:

Edited by Zion
2 people like this

Fantastic news, wax on wax on

HAPPY DABBIN

@@Grimweeder No, it will be fine. When you put the dry material in the water, let it soak for 10-15 mins, this will stop it being broken up into small pieces as soon as the machine/you start spinning the water. :D

Or you could do some dry sifting. Just put either a 120µ to 160µ bubble bag over a bucket and shake for a few minutes (3-10 mins). The more you shake, the more you get, but it will become less pure the longer you shake it. Just make sure that the bucket you use is clean and dry though, or you will have problems.

awesome mate thanks for the tips. i cant make dry sift with this lot as there is a bit of bud rot amongst the leafage so i need to use bubblebags or some sort of solvent( i do have a pollinator thingy tho). hmm decisions decisions. my mum needs some hemp oil anyway so most of it is gonna go on that i think.

so wots the general consensus on this mystery oil then is it safe to make bho an dab away or is it better not ingest it until you figure out how to get rid/filter it.

Edited by Grimweeder