Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StevieRays

Mystery Oil

144 posts in this topic

winterization doesn't help

Thanks Jump, are they your posts ive been reading too over in the other place ?

:yinyang:

1 person likes this

I have been dabbing since I first found out about the situation. I slowed slightly, but I got well high yesterday.. :D If I have a few dabs, I don't feel the need to smoke any spliffs. As I smoke with tobacco (I plan on quitting, shhhh :D) I can continuously smoke joints some nights. Especially if playing Playstation. :D So my lungs do feel a lot better, as they inhale less smoke. Perhaps the smoke from the dabs isn't as clean as the natural spliff smoke, but there is so much less that it has a positive effect. I think once you start dabbing grams and eighths each day, with half gram dabs, it could be a different story. When dabbing, we also don't sit in smoky rooms, which probably gives a slight improvement.

I totally agree about dabbing being easier if no tobacco has been smoked that day.

I am going to try some solvent-less wax at some pint shortly. If it is much tastier, I shall contemplate switching over to that, provided I can make it to a good standard without too much of a headache making it... Just have to see how it dabs... I am quite glad my vacuum pump broke in a way, as it has stopped me making more BHO since finding out. I am now down to my last few grams now, though that will probably last me a while.

1 person likes this

Are there any common illness/symptoms from any of the pioneers/heavy dabbers from back in 2004 when dabbing blew up?

Mystery oil to me is when I spray a whole load of buds mixed up that I don't know what they are :)

:haveadab: I finally used the moticon.

3 people like this

subcool said he had problems with hs lungs, and since not dabbing bho his lungs have recovered,,,,,,,,,,,,,,in writing the name subcool,please don't ridicule me

Hi ya'll! I would post pictures, but I can't figure out how and am short of time.

I've fractionally distilled 72 cans of Luciene and sent the .158 grams of Mystery Oil extracted, to a lab with a mass spectrometer attached to their gas chromatograph. The results are due shortly, and until then we have only the analysis shared on line showing that the Mystery Oil is linear Alkanes, plus aromatics. We already knew the alkanes were there and they aren't any more toxic than the butane, but we need to identify the aromatic hydrocarbons.

The aromatic alkenes include the terpenes, including cannabis diterpenes, so they aren't all bad news, but some are and we need to insure they aren't present.

At the 15ppm level that I found, the dosage is far below toxic levels of even the possible aromatic hydrocarbons, but some of them have long range chronic effects, even below accepted permissible exposure levels, and therefore need to be excluded.

The lab predicted five days, so hopefully Monday they will have the results for us.

Edited by Graywolf
25 people like this

^Nice one GrayWolf. I don't use BHO personally but the work you're doing at your own expense to identify this substance is of benefit to a lot of people in the Cannabis using world, so kudos mate. :yep:

Edited by Guerrillero
4 people like this

nice one gray wolf, really appreciate the hard work and personal expense your going to, to get results :yep:

cheers mate

2 people like this

This is very interesting, absolutely no chance I'm gonna stop either way, don't smoke tabs or joints ( a year coming up sometime soon)only smoke blunts when I'm partying and I only vape my weed and dab my honey so a few extra chemicals don't bother me,, but it will still be interesting to see the results...

And what ever the chemicals in the butane can do to your health, the cannabis probably treats it....

HAPPY DABBIN UK420

I reckon we ought to just remember what it is we want from the bho or more importantly what is it we think we need from it.

ZERO IMPURITIES.

I think thats what I want to strive for now.

1 person likes this

I would love some bho but don't like the idea of emptying cans of gas in to a tube..just seems dangerous and a little bit desprate imho..! What's up with starting some aho? Or even nitro hash? It's ok trying for the purest hit but gas will never be pure...!think about your health first and foremost!!!

I would love some bho but don't like the idea of emptying cans of gas in to a tube..just seems dangerous and a little bit desprate imho..! What's up with starting some aho? Or even nitro hash? It's ok trying for the purest hit but gas will never be pure...!think about your health first and foremost!!!

it only dangerous if your and idiot and don't respect it.

why desperate? thats not what brought me to bho.

there's benzene in bud, at super low levels, so maybe you should stop smoking that.

i am thinking about my health thank you and i will wait till more info is available :yep:

cheers

2 people like this

^^^ Fairy snuff..the first time i read about bho ages ago i thought what a bangin idea..i used to work somewhere where they used gas n air to melt stuff and when the gas ran low the air blew it out with a very loud pop or bang, a bit like a gun goin off...scared the shit out of every time..that's why i said it was desperate and not good, sort of exaggerating my phobia of gas and bangs..bit of a wimp i am..i'm 6'4'' and scream when i see a spider!!lol

^^ that's why i won't make bho..went a bit off topic..really love hash but only ever made bubble..! Beautiful stuff..gonna ave a go at aho when my mate chops in a couple o months...sorry for being dim but what is benzene.???

Benzene is a natural constituent of crude oil, and is one of the most elementary petrochemicals. Benzene is an aromatic hydrocarbon and the second [n]-annulene ([6]-annulene), a cyclic hydrocarbon with a continuous pi bond. It is sometimes abbreviated Ph–H. Benzene is a colorless and highly flammable liquid with a sweet smell. It is mainly used as a precursor to heavy chemicals, such as ethylbenzene and cumene, which are produced on a billion kilogram scale. Because it has a high octane number, it is an important component of gasoline, composing a few percent of its mass. Most non-industrial applications have been limited by benzene's carcinogenicity.

Its not necessarily Benzene, but that lab did find aromatic hydrocarbons....

2 people like this

Should have some updates from the lab GrayWolf has been using today. Apparently the lab finished the analysis yesterday, so some results are expected today! :haveadab:

Edited by KingBlueRizla
5 people like this