Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Default Attribute

Mystery Oil

144 posts in this topic

^They range from $1500 for one to run 2oz, to $25,000 to run a kilo! :fear:

Lot of expense and fannying about for the sake of a bit of oil. :rofl: Much cheaper to just buy some bubble bags to get a guaranteed clean product with no mystery substances whatsoever.

4 people like this

Ive just got home & spliced a few cans of Newport and there is no residue/lubricant inside and the metal is clean & not previously printed on which is a relief.

:yinyang:

7 people like this

From Mystery Oils facebook page:

"EVIDENCE FROM THE SOURCE!

Newport says their cans contain "oils, waxes, charcoal dust, etc." at less than 50ppm.

I received a follow-up email from Newport/Keen "Near Zero Impurities", Managing Director, Paula Hussain.

She states that the cans have 50ppm or less of "oil, wax, charcoal dust etcetera". The parts per million in each can that we found IS 100. Very low.

Higher than what they are shooting for; yet, very low.

However, it is all relative to the amount of BHO that is produced from one can.

From what I know, one can produces around 4grams of BHO.

If each can contains Ms. Hussain's stated ppm of 50, then that leaves .015grams of these "impurities" per 10oz can.

.015 grams of impurities in 4grams of BHO equals 3,750ppm.

IF ALL the impurities are in the end-product, that is high!

Here is her entire response to my question about the 'Mystery Oil'--

"Traditional refineries produced butane propellant with an uncontrolled non-volatile content of impurities including oil, wax substances, charcoal dust etcetera which was not a problem for filling lighters until 1983 when the so-called "flameless" heat-generated turbo lighter was invented in Japan. In order to market this lighter it was established that the non-volatile impurity content of the butane could not exceed fifty parts per one million parts. Our company was assigned this problem which enabled the inventors to market the new product by 1985. Since then numerous diversifications of the concept have appeared. Our exclusive "Near Zero Impurities" has been included on all butane refills that we produce to differentiate our butane refills from all others."

Regards
Paula Hussain
Managing Director
Edited by KingBlueRizla

Alarming figures.i always found it to be a great high bho. But so dangerous to make...so this figures some how help my bill on pants loundret.

^So, if I'm reading that right, Newport state the cans contain 50ppm, the testers found around 100ppm. At 50ppm, there's potentially 0.15g per 4g of oil, at100ppm it's 0.3g per 4g? 'Kin 'ell, that does seem a fair bit, around 0.075 per g!

I work it out that she states the cans have 50ppm, which gives 0.015g of Mystery Oil per can. The testers found that to be double, so 0.03g per can. If a can gets 4 grams of extract per can, that would be 0.0075g per gram of extract.

Edited by KingBlueRizla
1 person likes this

^Ah right, I'm pretty crap at maths!

So a little bit of this stuff is in the 'near zero' gas and lots more of it is in the other gas - better watch it when I'm toking on my pipes then.......

All brands of our UK canned "near zero" butane is processed in this one location, so i expect the same findings in all of them.

Right now im concerned about the paint on the inside of some recycled cans, once the definitive lab results are in over the mystery oil then ill make a choice weather to stop continue using canned. Trouble is tho you can only splice a can once its spent & if the can has paint inside the oils gota be ditched :(

Also ive been reading another way of separating the oil without a closed loop system, it involves deep freezing @- 18 to -22 and a winterizing process which apparently works, how true this is tho is questionable and more research is needed, it seems the cheaper option tho if it does work.

Another thought too.....has anyone considered that this oil is one of the reasons we get budder? Or certainly a contributing factor? Tbh this whole shebang is doing my nut in and im trying to abstain until i know more but im aching for a dab :( Surely one wont hurt will it lol

1 person likes this

winterization doesn't help

1 person likes this

0.0075g per gram of extract.

This corresponds a round droplet diameter of 2 mm.

1 person likes this

@@jump

How did you work that out? I have only seen scales go to 0.01g, I cant even visualise that, let alone adding another decimal place. :D

The last set of scales I used that could weigh amounts that small cost £5k! (An atom balance :) )

1 person likes this

Just had a thought, to lower the ratio of mystery oil to extract, we could use hash as a starting material, not flowers. Unpressed kief would give a higher return than flowers do... The yield would be larger and less amounts of butane would be required too...

Some in the US are blasting partial cans and getting no mystery oil, others pack the columns with carbon, use a fine micron screen and blast columns into thermos and also getting same results.

Its all early stages of these people testing but the partial can and charcoal tecs seem to be making a difference with some. I wont be making no more for a bit tho but have a bit to use up.

Have you been dabbing KBR? I had a few last night & a few this morning, fuck it i smoked bensons for years lol Theres over 4000 added chemicals to ciggies etc, hmmmmmm.

And i recon the amount of mystery oil in the final bho is a lot less when columns are packed and filtered. I never do less than an ounce run so im hoping thats plenty of filtration....... plus im clucking for a taste of that mystery oil lol

Its also interesting in hearing BHO users comments regarding their lung function since taking up dabbing, most seem to think its improved the function and i can only agree with that, when i dab my lungs feel clean, its the tobacco i smoke that makes me cough, if ive not smoked a tobacco doob that day then i can dab without a thought of a cough, if ive hammered the doobs all day then its a different story !

4 people like this