Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StevieRays

Mystery Oil

144 posts in this topic

I don't know if you guys have seen this yet but it is pretty alarming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV4_3_i_o3g

This is an example of a typical LIGHTER-REFILL CAN BHO "BLAST" extraction; however, it is being done through an EMPTY and STERILE borosilicate tube into a STERILE 304SS NSF collection vessel. I released 49 cans of Newport's "Near Zero Impurities" through the empty chamber and then evaporated at 120*f. After 4 hrs at 120*f I observed a relatively thick coating of oil with a 'new-tire' odor. I then video recorded the vessel having a 50th can blasted into it. You can see the 'Mystery Oil' separate as the butane hits the oils that in the vessel. The oil was then placed under vacuum at -29.9hg at 140*f for 25hrs; the oil did not evaporate (see other posts for further details on the 'purge').[/size]

This 'Mystery Oil' is on its way to Steep HIll Halent Laboratories with the hope that they will be able to identify and then test for it in your BHO. [/size]

I've tested only 6 brands in this manner and all 6 produce the same oil; Vector, Newport, Power5, Colibri, Xikar, FasFil. [/size]

Same test by someone else, using 79 cans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksFwvFpBmLk

All the details are on the facebook page, search for "Mystery oil" The lab tests should be there sometime this week.

7 people like this

Yes most of us have seen but for those that havnt nice 1 stevie :) Final Lab results are in tomorrow , ill post results if im about :yinyang:

6 people like this

Can someone copy and paste the facebook page blurb, Im not on facebook...

The first post just says this.

Mystery Oil

This is an example of a typical LIGHTER-REFILL CAN BHO "BLAST" extraction; however, it is being done through an EMPTY and STERILE borosilicate tube into a STERILE 304SS NSF collection vessel. I released 49 cans of Newport's "Near Zero Impurities" through the empty chamber and then evaporated at 120*f. After 4 hrs at 120*f I observed a relatively thick coating of oil with a 'new-tire' odor. I then video recorded the vessel having a 50th can blasted into it. You can see the 'Mystery Oil' separate as the butane hits the oils that in the vessel. The oil was then placed under vacuum at -29.9hg at 140*f for 25hrs; the oil did not evaporate (see other posts for further details on the 'purge').

NOTE: This oil was found while loading/recovering closed-loop through filters--ss 50micron and coffee. I did not use filters and ran as an open "BLAST" for video purposes.

This 'Mystery Oil' is on its way to Steep HIll Halent Laboratories with the hope that they will be able to identify and then test for it in your BHO.

I've tested only 7 brands in this manner and all 7 produce the same oil; Vector, Newport, Power5, Colibri, Xikar, FasFil, Lucienne.

I would like those who use--and more importantly-- those who produce BHO with cans, to see this. Please, share.

Edited by StevieRays
2 people like this

No results yet then?

sure they not long waking up out there bro be morning before we see owt i reckon

1 person likes this

Wednesday or Thursday the chap is now saying & then the results may not be definitive !

Im still dabbing & will continue to :)

:haveadab::yinyang:

1 person likes this

I no this is not the same but i filled my torch up the over day with newport and it blasted on my hands and then left a load of white residue on me i fault newport dint have to.much crap in it now im paranoid about using it do u think it could be a dodgy batch can?

GrayWolf has got another lab doing tests, many thanks for that! I think I read that he said we will find out definitely what it is in a few days. But yeah, I haven't stopped dabbing yet.

Thank ya'll for all the good thoughts! I too am watching this one with rapt attention.

The Gas Chromatograph test I chose will reveal only the retention times of the different components in the mystery oil, so we can guess at what it probably is, given the column used and operating parameters, but the Mass Spectrometer attached to it, will break each of the GC peaks into its components on the third axis, so that there is no doubt what it is.

I chose to pay the $250 to have an outside lab test it, because our GC doesn't have a MS, so it would only tell us what it probably is.
4 people like this

Mr Wolfs on the situation? Shit why didnt you say so.... chill the fuck out ...... :haveadab: he's on the muthafucka :badass:

:yinyang:

10 people like this

Not looking good so far.

LAB UPDATE:

Steep Hill Halent Labs completed its initial RSA on its GC/MS.

The chemist says that "the mass fragmentation of the major peaks contain some LINEAR ALKANES and AROMATIC COMPOUNDS."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Aromatic_compounds

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alkane

An exact identification has not been made. Steep Hill Halent Labs' work has just begun.

More to come. We will keep you posted. Thank-you for your patience.

great parrffin and benzene :(

If I was a BHO user I'd stop immediately until the results are in on this. Fuck toking on something which is likely contaminated with something described as "smelling like burning rubber". :fear:

It's quite worrying really, especially considering many BHO users are medical users who are often very sick...

Or just start looking at closed loop systems if the containments are that bad. I haven't made more BHO since finding out about this mystery oil situation, but I haven't stopped dabbing my current oil stash. Could be due to the broken vacuum pump too though. :D

Some Americans see this as medicine, whilst I see it as a drug that gets me high/feeling good. I expect some contaminants in recreational drugs, I mean how many people here have smoked soap bar? I know I have. :D Still feeling good.

This one is still alive and she inhales the cans directly...

Not watched all the clip though. :D

Edited by KingBlueRizla

i think ill make a full decision when i know the exact results - what chems and what what levels.

if it is benzene (super carcinogenic) and not one of its derivatives then its down to the levels present, as you get it in bud but at super low levels. its such a shit chem' to be present, if it is, i probably will be perma switching to water extraction.... :(

but like you KBR im still smoking the last of mine. just need to wait out i guess.