Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

vapefiend

Arizer Solo

910 posts in this topic

Firstly , thank you @vapefiend for your awesome service ! 

I am in the midst of enjoying the very satisfying results of a brief 2 load trial run. I have to say it's as easy as imaginable to use. I'm a simple man so this appeals to me greatly. It fires up to selected temp in little to no time at all and whilst the initial draw is a little resistant the taste is beautiful. I'm sure I just need to sort out my packing and pulling to get the draw that suits . 

Something I didn't expect was how the whole process actually replaces what I call the "ritual of rolling" which for me as a spliff smoker was a big part of my smoking habit. I think I enjoyed the ritual almost as much as the puff lol . I guess I was expecting a more "crash , bang , wallop " of a process but it's every bit as satisfying for me to prep and load and vape as it is to skin up. 

All in all my first impressions are very good. Great bit of kit and wonderful medicating without the toxins . 

:yinyang:

6 people like this

I'm enjoying the vaping but, is the draw meant to have a lot of resistance? I've tried all kinds of packing including very loose and the draw remains hard. It's making it difficult to enjoy. Any tips @Smokebelch or @stu914 would be greatly appreciated

1 person likes this

@Breezus yes mate it’s supposed to be like that, if you stick with it you will get used to it. If you are doing it right it will kind of feel like you sucking a milk shake up a straw.

You shouldn’t pack the bowl tightly, I just put a small nugget in mine, no breaking it up or grinding it. I am at work today so will post a pic up later when I get home of how I pack the bowl.

3 people like this

One thing you can do to improve the airflow is when you push the stem into the vape lift it up a couple of mm so it’s not touching the bottom of the oven.

Edited by Smokebelch
2 people like this

The draw can be improved by replacing the glass tube, vapefiend has various ones.

I've found the one from the original solo works better than the one supplied with the solo 2, mainly because the holes are slightly larger.

I do the same as @Smokebelch just a nugget rather than the mess of grinding and filling

:oldtoker:

2 people like this

I think he sells a stem with slits down the side which may be what you are after.

I have been using a solo for so long now I don’t really notice the draw resistance.

2 people like this

Thanks guys @stu914 @Smokebelch

Top tips, much improved today . 

2 people like this

@BreezusI am glad you are getting on with it better now dude. I have been using mine this evening and what I do is once I have put my little nugget in the bowl I have a dry hit on it before I put it in the vape to make sure the air flows freely through the load. Sometimes it’s easy to block the little holes or put too much in and this will make it harder to draw on.

I said it’s like sucking milkshake through a straw earlier and the original Solo was like that but I have noticed this evening if the air flows freely through the load then the draw resistance on the Solo 2 is way better than that. If you look in the bottom of the oven they have drilled 4 little recesses to help with air flow.

With any vape there is an experimental phase where you have to work out how to get it working best for you. It’s worth playing with temps too, most weed will give you visible clouds at around 170c and the uppy effects and flavour are really nice on the low temps, the higher up the temps you go the more stoney it is. If you like to tinker and experiment with things then vaping is great for that. My favourite setting is around 190c but I have a mate who doesn’t go over 175c so you need to play around and see what you like.

Edited by Smokebelch
1 person likes this

You can make canna butter from the vaped weed and also you will notice a yellow oil building up in the stem after a few sessions, this can be harvested with iso and added to the canna butter or can be vaped again, there is little waste with vaping.

Edited by Smokebelch
1 person likes this

Just one more tip is that when you think the load is spent there is still plenty of vapour to be had off it, if you use a little torch light you can see the vapour it is still pumping out way after you think it’s done.

1 person likes this