Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
T-Rix

Mr. T's DP Summer Grow 2013

65 posts in this topic

Good Evening, and welcome to the weekend :haveadab:

I've decided that because Mrs. T and I love DP's StarRyder so much, I'm gonna grow lots more, and bung in a couple of AutoBlueberry for good measure.... as variety as we all know is the spice of life.

gallery_71511_4395_30033.jpg

The jars are currently full, but as we all know, that lovely ganga just doesn't hang around for long..... and the clocks are ticking as I've got a week in the sun booked at the end of August. So, 11 weeks and counting....... fingers & toes crossed I can get them all hung up & forgotten about, by the time I need to lock up the house....

The Kit & The Nutz

......will remain the same, 'as ever': I'll be growing in a DR120 with a 6" exhaust/rhino combo, parabolic and a couple of clip on fans. I haven't decided on the lighting set up yet - we'll keep an eye on the temps as it can get mighty hot on the top floor of the East Wing of Chateaux T.....

I'll be sticking with the Plant Magic suite of coco-specific nutrients (for hard water in my area), with a bit of Formulex near the start of the grow, and a bit of PM root stim during the veg stage. I might bung a bit of pk13/14 in at some point, when the plants are budding, but I haven't though too much about that yet. We'll see how it goes....

The Seeds

I'll start off with 6 x StarRyder and 3 x AutoBlueberry. I'll have fun squeezing them all in :smokin:

The Grow

And here we go again!

I'll just pop this one up, so that I can remember which strain is which tomorrow......

gallery_71511_4395_36872.jpg

Here are the six StarRyders I have chosen to join me on this particular journey:

gallery_71511_4395_63708.jpg

And the three AutoBlueberry:

gallery_71511_4395_63161.jpg

I do like a good seed close up, me. That AutoBlueberry on the right looks rather reptilian to me. Time to :haveadab: before I get the last few photos up.....

Right, four hours after I started writing this post, I have returned. Where was I? Fuck. Ah, OK, so I popped the seeds into some of France's finest mineral water (as it was sitting next to me, was already at room temperature, & I couldn't be arsed to go downstairs to get some tap water.....)

gallery_71511_4395_146481.jpg

The two shot glasses, now with seeds & water in, got put into the cupboard just down by my right leg, in total darkness - where they will stay for the next 24hrs. That should give me just about enough time to work out what I'm gonna do next.

Just in case anyone has suffered as long and as hard as I have over the last few years, from the hell that Rizla seem to be putting us all through, it should be noted that the catalog that comes with your seeds when you place an order direct with Dutch Passion is six pages of absolutely perfect roach :skin_up:

gallery_71511_4395_6826.jpg

I think that's about it for now. I'll get 'em underground tomorrow.

Oh hold on, I just realised it wasn't four hours ago I started writing this post..... it was at just gone 4pm this afternoon . I just lost 2 hrs somewhere :( Sign of things to come.... so I changed the top of the post to good evening... it started off being good afternoon.

Chill to the panic UK420. Join me in my obvious confusion.

Mr. T :pimp:

6 people like this

Good luck T-Rix, and yes StarRyder is a fantastic smoke ,blueberry is on my next grow if they dont get in the way of the StarRyders :):smokin:

1 person likes this

two great varieties to enjoy growing there T. Hit them with as much light as you can and they will love it

1 person likes this

Good luck with the grow Mr T, 2 cracking strains you've got there :yep:

1 person likes this

Good luck T-Rix, and yes StarRyder is a fantastic smoke ,blueberry is on my next grow if they dont get in the way of the StarRyders :):smokin:

two great varieties to enjoy growing there T. Hit them with as much light as you can and they will love it

Good luck with the grow Mr T, 2 cracking strains you've got there :yep:

Thanks for the good wishes & Good to have you on board chaps :yep: Really looking forward to some StarRyder loveliness again, and will be very interested to try the auto equivalent of the infamous Blueberry.

I've got to keep my fingers & toes crossed for no 'super-autos' from these babies, as I have 73 days left until they need to come down. I'm pretty confident that the StarRyders will be done by then, but not so sure about the AutoBlueberry :unsure:

On another tip, I've just realised that I've never grown autos under traditional HID lighting before, so this is a bit of a journey into the unknown for me :alien2:

Well, I've had a few sprouters already, so I'll try to get a picture update up a bit later today, which is officially day 1 (I always count from when they first pop above ground).

Edited by T-Rix

Interesting, T-RIX. I have 4 strains DP autos on the go, a bean each, and the StarRyder is the best performing of them in terms of buds density and development.

Best of luck for your grow! :smokin:

1 person likes this

Interesting, T-RIX. I have 4 strains DP autos on the go, a bean each, and the StarRyder is the best performing of them in terms of buds density and development.

Best of luck for your grow! :smokin:

Nice one, fella - DP have certainly come up with the goods in each & every grow that I've done, now. The StarRyder, in my opinion, is definitely a star performer! I grew them under LED before, so it's gonna be interesting to see what happens under HID lighting - I'm gonna give them as much as they can handle :smokin:

Cheers

After they had all been soaked for 36hrs (a little longer than I normally do them), I planted the beans into 2 inch disposable square pots - cheap as chips from B&Q or other similar establishment. I've had problems with over-watering autos before when I put seedlings into bigger pots, so I now try to prevent that by growing in small manageable pots for the first week; whatever the strain - I've not had an over-watering incident since :guitar:

One benefit of keeping them in water for a little bit longer: most of the seeds had cracked and were showing their tap roots, so I knew which end needed to be pointed down. However, I assume you need to be careful doing it this way, making sure you don't keep 'em in too long and drown the wee buggers.

Medium of course was coco - I've used PM coco in the past with absolutely no complaints. I used canna for my last grow and still have loads of that left, so this grow will be using canna pro. 1ml/L of Formulex (giving an EC of 0.8), pH'd down to 5.6.

Popped into a propagator, and placed in the darkness of my tent on top of ye old faithful electric heated blanket. It's a heated prop, but I don't use the heater element on it as it's way too harsh and I would end up with baked beans. You have much more control with the blanket.

gallery_71511_4395_22558.jpg

2 days later.......

Day 1 (Tuesday 11th June)

6 out of 9 have popped, so they will be one day old on Wednesday 12th June, and 70 days old on Wednesday 21st August. Another StarRyder popped it's little head above ground about 24hrs after the rest (after the photos below were taken), so all in all I have 2/3 of the AutoBlueBerry germinated, and 5/6 StarRyder. This is actually quite disappointing, as up to this point I have had 100% germination with DP seeds - possibly I drowned the other two seeds. I didn't have time to try any fancy germination tricks, so I sacked them off and resigned myself to seven plants. At least they won't be too cramped, this time.

Here's the two AutoBlueberry that have germinated:

gallery_71511_4395_68341.jpg

And here's the four StarRyders (a day before the last one popped up):

gallery_71511_4395_60472.jpg

I couldn't be arsed to switch my lighting rig round from my last grow (there's a lot of shit around my tent at the moment, preventing me from proper access, etc), so I decided to pop them straight under a 400w MH (in a parabolic, mind); about 4 feet above the canopy to ensure I didn't fry them.

Every day since, I have lowered the light towards the plants. They've had a little bit more stretch than what I'm used to, under CFL, but I'm not particularly worried about that, as I'll be potting them up into their finals at the weekend, so I'll even the canopy out then :wassnnme:

TBC....

1 person likes this

Good luck with them bud

1 person likes this

Mmmmmmm StarRyder cant tell ye how much i enjoyed growing and smoking that Auto. Good luck Mr T :yinyang:

1 person likes this

All the best for this one T :yep:

Salty

:pugwash:

1 person likes this

Good luck with them bud

Cheers mate - they're coming along nicely ever since you, Smurfy and oldsalty posted all yer best wishes. Keep the good vibes rolling - I'm hoping for a bountiful harvest :smokin:

Mmmmmmm StarRyder cant tell ye how much i enjoyed growing and smoking that Auto. Good luck Mr T :yinyang:

I'm 100% with you on that bro. It's a great plant to grow, and the smoke is absolute quality! Mrs. T absolutely loves it; which might have swayed my vote a little :wassnnme:

It's got a really nice taste to it - which I'm hoping will carry through to the oil I'm planning for the summer :haveadab:

Dude - you popped them yet?

All the best for this one T :yep:

Salty

:pugwash:

Cheers me hearty! :pirate:

I'm a bit behind on my updates, but as always I've been taking photos; so you never know, an update could be coming to a cinema near you, soon :P

Now, where did I put that USB cord for me camera..... :ermm:

:pimp:

1 person likes this

Day 9 was 19th June (last Wednesday)

All have had a little bit more of a stretch, but a few days after the pictures below were taken I think I found the sweet spot with this 400w Metal Halide. I only used a 125w CFL followed by a 250w MH for the last grow's veg period, and managed to keep it much cooler; hence I could get much closer. The heat difference of the 400w, along with the warmer weather, has kept the temperatures pretty high, so I've had to keep the light further away from them. They don't seem to have suffered too much though - I've got good airflow going :fart: and I don't mind stretching 'em out a little bit :chains:

While in the little pots, I'll keep them on 1ml/L Formulex, 1ml/L root stim, 0.36ml/L pH down - this gives my own unique water supply an EC of 0.8 and a pH of 5.5 - 5.6. 50ml of that feed every two days never sees them suffering. If I had the time I'd do them every day, but it's a busy time for me, and as I said they don't seem to be suffering much.

A couple of them just look a bit freaky :fear:

StarRyders!

A couple of random shots from the clan:

med_gallery_71511_4395_11236.jpg

med_gallery_71511_4395_9011.jpg

med_gallery_71511_4395_110096.jpg

AutoBlueBerries!

med_gallery_71511_4395_59084.jpg

med_gallery_71511_4395_85699.jpg

Till next time chaps :skin_up:

Cheers

Edited by T-Rix
2 people like this

Day 17 is today!

They were potted up into their final pots over the weekend - all apart from one have gone into 6 litre square pots; one StarRyder has gone into a 6 litre airpot, just for shits n' giggles. They've been in their new homes for four days now, and look like they're really benefitting from the extra space!

Switched to Grow A&B (1ml/L of each), keeping with the root stim at 1ml/L, lowering the pH down to 0.34ml/L giving me a ph of 5.6 - 5.7, and adding 0.2ml/L of calmag (seems to help with my water supply). EC of that lot is 1.0 and they're showing no signs of stress, so I'll let 'em keep doing what they're doing :skin_up:

Seeing as they all look like they're going to survive, I've now named them, and yet again very adventurously :skull:

Here's a quick group shot:

med_gallery_71511_4395_98323.jpg

....and here's all the individual plants:

ABB1

med_gallery_71511_4395_295885.jpg

ABB2

med_gallery_71511_4395_69874.jpg

SR1

med_gallery_71511_4395_5333.jpg

SR2

med_gallery_71511_4395_231545.jpg

SR3