Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cannybuzz

growing a magnum-.anyone else?

211 posts in this topic

hi everyone' nearly a month into my first grow with a 'magnum'-buddha seeds.just wondering if anyone else is growing it at the moment?

I've got one at 2 weeks it looks a mutant, i hope it pulls through, i think it will grow out of it.

Not allot on this strain and with it titled the biggest yielding auto ever.

hey canny,

Im growing two magnums atm and are getting big! will post some photos later on, you should to canny, we should keep this thread up and in touch, as im sure we started near same time I think.

thestoneman

hi toke2breeze n' stoneman.thanks for getting back to me. so' thats three of us.lets see if we can grow this plant a reputation. mines in an airpot.organic.12hrs under a 660hps another 6 under a 200w red cfl.[space issues]. i've left her alone apart from a bit of leaf tucking to give the sidestems a bit more light. i've got her beside a 'think different' that i've lst'd. might do the same with a magnum next time as the td likes it alot. toke2breeze,may be something happened during germination.i'd stick with it for now.good luck. stoneman, yep i,d like to do some photos but can't yet,not a lot of use i know. evan though they're only in a40/40/20 light mix/coco/perlite medium,the magnum's only had a 1ml per ltr grow feed n' a bac root stim so far and is quite happy.aprox 30cm tall by 30 wide. internode distance aprox 3-4cm i'll stay on this thread too. happy grows. canny'.

Hey guys,

just wanting to know if you are changing to 12/12 for the flowering or are you sticking at veg times eg. 18/6 or 20/4?

thestoneman

Autos prefer a lot of light mate.

Running lights 18 hrs+ per day is where autos fall down for me,with leccy the price it is an all...

Biggest yielding auto eh...I'm sure Dutch passion wouldnt agree lol

There is a massive yielding think diff pheno that out produces most autos hands down.

Hope that's the one you have(although none are small yielders to be fair)

Good luck

1 person likes this

hi all,'grow this one a reputation', me n' my fat mouth.i'd just had a fatty. that said, alls well.thestoneman, 18/6! space probs mean i give it 12hrs under a600hps boosted to 660,n' 6hrs under a200w red spec cfl. i think the cfl may cause slight stretching,but not much. not ideal but it'll have to do for now. stu sleep 20vt. i,ve got the magnum beside a think different. i lst'd the td but left the magnum alone. at 30 days both are big[the size of a small space hopper].i think it maybe because the hps bulb is a dual spec. i will be putting pics up hopefully next week. i'm having trouble beleiving how big they are n' they're right in front of me.lol. full flowering is starting on both,the td a little ahead but i can tell the magnum is about to go for it. just had first bloom feed. 2ml per ltr ionic+1.5ml boost,point5ml bac bloom stim 2ml biosillicon. i've been watching the progression of autos since the early days. waiting for them to increase in quality n' quantity. i'm glad i got these two to,they're leaving my holy grail kush n' pineapple chunk n' other regs in their shade. hope alls well with yours. canny'.

sorry all ,i'm new to posting n' forgot to read previous post about td n'mag being togeather. i'll try to remember next time so i don't keep repeating, repeating myself.just took some pics now i've got to get them on here. can you too stoneman?happy grows

hi stoneman,just noticed you're on here. to clarify that light regime. i have the 2 autos in my 12/12 space but move them into a temporary space for 6hrs before my 12/12 comes on. then move the autos back in to 12/12. hope thats a better explanation. so i can see what i'm doing in the dark i use a lamp with a green bulb[unrecognizable to the plants]. canny'.

Hi Canny,

I think im going to change my light regime to 12/12 tomorrow, as I want to induce flowering if that helps?

I will upload photos later tonight, but the girls aren't as healthy I would like :(

thestoneman

Managed to get round to it now, here are the two girls that are left.

gallery_80048_6584_158932.jpg

gallery_80048_6584_141636.jpg

gallery_80048_6584_129101.jpg

thestoneman

hi stoneman,there's not a lot wrong with them , at a guess n' IMHO, they're overwatered or temp of water. may be wrong. first the lights. you don't have to induce flowering with autos,they'll do it themselves as mine have at aprox 4wks. the magnum is starting full flowering now at four weeks.12/12 will reduce yeild. 20/4 is evidently right on. 18/6 is all i can do for now. the reason i say water is they don't look like there,s much else wrong. a couple of tips i was given about plants n' water are; i don't like sleeping in a cold bed,plants don't either.if you put your finger into the top of your pots soil and its cold,the plant is suffering. soil temp should be 65-70f 18-24c. if you do the same n' the soil feels wet or moist then the plant doesn't need watering. if i'm telling you stuff you already know do tell me.

Hi Canny,

thanks for the advice mate, will keep an eye out and watch my feeding, have you got any pics of yours to upload, would love to see some more MAGNUMS!

thestoneman

can you see the way the very tip of some of the leaves are bent down more than the natural arc of the leafs droop on the plant at the bottom of pic. that is a classic sign of over feeding,only slight but if continued will cause nutrient lock out. the way to sourght it out is a flush with water of ten times the volume of soil.check this on the probs part of the forum. sounds a lot but ultimately saves losss of yeild.then water with a quatre strength feed next time they need it. sorry i missed this just now. the water issue masked it.thats my excuse anyway.lol. canny'

just waiting for a usb for my phone n' they'll be on here.i apply all these principals in my grow and appreciate that a look of mine is what we need. bear/bare? with me.they'll be on here by this time next week.by which time the mag'will be in full flower.happy grows.