Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Trikie

The life cycle of auto flowering cannabis.

25 posts in this topic

Most of this is bollocks, for a start autoflowers are feminised, and they don't "pre-flower!" either, the op should read up on what autoflower actually means!!!.

And maybe before ranting off it's always better to understand the facts, and the facts are that not all Autoflowers are female. Have a quick look on Attitude via the link above and you will see for yourself that you can indeed buy regular auto seeds. Me personally i find it a fairly accurate guide. :yinyang:

Edited by Schiphol
4 people like this

I pointed out a few short falls in this guide one of the reasons i was band by muddy is a very petty man and does not like to debate his info or back any of it up

wait until you read his light stress starvation stretch theory and his yellow leaf harvest time guide....

the above guide has been posted here before

Edited by agito

ill quickly break down a few short falls of this guide

"Weeks 1 - 3. Once you've started your seeds and they break the surface of the soil, they are in their seedling stage. The first set of leaves to appear will usually single fingered, followed by a second set that may still be single fingered or perhaps 3 fingered. Once that second set appears growth will start to accelerate as the new leaves provide more photosynthesis. This process will continue, more new leaves, faster growth. Depending on the type of soil in use, mild vegetative nutes can be introduced at week 2. By week 3 most plants will start to show their sex. Males will start to produce pollen sacks and females will display pistols."

First of all this guide is not suitable for hydro/soiless as it says mild nutes at week. Soiless and hydro need food from week 1 and in normal compost week 3 is when you want to even think about nutes a pre ferted media.Autos are very sensitive to feed stunting them early is game over. next

"Weeks 4 - 6. The plants are now entering a pre flowering stage. During this time the plants should exhibit explosive growth, often as much as a new set of nodes and 1" vertical growth a day. This is the time when they will gain most of their vertical height. Many people make the mistake of switching from vegetative to flowering nutrients at this point, assuming that since they see flowers it must be the proper time. This is incorrect. If the switch to flowering nutes is made at this time the vertical growth will stop and the plant will put it's energy into producing buds. If you need to keep your plants small, or want them to finish earlier, they by all means switch nutes at this point. But if you want to get the most out of your plants continue feeding vegetative nutes until you see the vertical growth slow and stop. Depending on the strain that will usually be sometime during week 5 or 6."

This not the pre flower stage as we all know modern autos had very few genes from there rud great parents and now mostly 90% regular strains. when they show sex like in regular plants this is normally in the 7-10 days into flower like a reg strain. It makes sense as the plant is done avg 7 weeks after this point exactly the same as the flower period the rud was bred with. So that in mind a bloom switch of nutes can be done at the "preflower" stage this guide also does not take into account most organic nutes are not instantly available and should be feed earlier in general to give the microlife half a chance to utilize it. next

"Weeks 7 - 9. By now vertical growth has stopped and the switch to flowering nutrients has been made. The buds will start to fill out and put on weight, becoming hard and tight. Pistols will start to change from white to brown, orange, red, etc. By now the plants will also have developed a strong smell. Toward the end of this phase the large primary and smaller secondary fan leaves will begin to turn yellow. This is an indication that the plant is moving toward the end of it's life."

Not all exhibit yellowing of leafs if fed right this can be genetic and not happen at all muddy will normally starve his plants to encourage this even with organics up to 14 days before harvest costing him yield. Also he refuses to belevive that autos should be harvested on resin color changes or even pistol browning even though every grower worth his grain of salt like masters such as ed and jorge say so but he claims there not qualified in rud genetics... he says autos resin is totally different then claims when he feels like it that they get there potency from indica/sat hybrids but hold on there 90% reg plants and the high is the same so the resin should reflects indica/sat resin more than ruds original resin though i doubt hes seen a 100% rud in his life

"Weeks 10 - 11. At this time flowering nutes should be discontinued and only plain pHed water fed to flush the remaining nutrients from the soil and improve the taste. Yellowing of the fan leaves will continue as the plant draws the stored energy from them. Eventually they will die and fall off. By the time that the smaller leaves that come from out of the buds will also start to turn yellow. Then it's time to harvest."

most autos are done in 10 weeks so surely you would flush at week 9 when resin is nearly mature? but yet again muddy is hard for those yellow leafs :headpain:

"I know that many of you are thinking that the seed bank said the plants will finish in 8-9 weeks, so why are you saying they take 10-11? The claims made by the seed banks are somewhat deceptive. If you switch to flowering nutes at week 3 or 4 the plants can finish in the times the seed banks say but they will remain small and not reach their full potential yield. Years of growing by myself and others has shown that autos do best if you follow this time line.

Of course, there will always be variations depending on the strain, the environment, nutrients, etc. This information is meant to only serve as a general guideline."

yes muddy it is possible to harvest some plants mostly cloudy at 60 days and yes i agree the extra 7-10 days is a better idea unless your setup is poor but if your taking a 60 day strain to 77 days well this reflects more on your precious led setup you wont have a bad word said about as you taking back handers or mention a hps as a viable option on his forum

Edited by agito
1 person likes this

Yeh, those will be the one's you have to change to a 12/12 light cycle to get them to *flower*???

Good luck with them!!! :wink:

Any TRUE autoflower has been feminised, and they still don't "pre-flower" either.

lol You do talk a load of shit dont you biter.

Autoflowers are piss easy to grow, I grow them as a cash-crop alongside my regular stuff

I hope you enjoy your short stay on the forum :wanker:

new horizon will burn and stunt them..way too hot. a 50/50 mix of john innes seedling and no.2 or similar is perfect

I tested it on some other plants early spring and I had more mushrooms than plants, very woody mix. I rejected it myself. Hope you fair well with it though.

^^^ lol

:pugwash:

just to answer biters comment

(How the fuck can changing nutrients affect how quickly an autoflower finishes},its a well know fact biter when you up the feed it stops the plant from growing any taller,so all the energy is put into the buds,as a result the plant does finish faster,i have seen this many times with autos biter,two same plants in my experience the taller always finishes last. :smoke::smokin:

im not sure if it it applys to autos but excess nitrogen can delay flower

Edited by agito