Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Schiphol

Auto Frisian Dew

398 posts in this topic

I just been reading this back hahahahahaah...lol of the dutch passion website...

It has taken a few years of hard work and testing to create AutoFrisian Dew but we are very pleased with the result. (testing were indoors). We believe this will be a new AutoFem which outdoor growers will find to be the toughest and most reliable for outdoor growing. AutoFrisian Dew grows to around 1 metre tall and takes 10-11 weeks from germination to harvest. She produces good quality cannabis, but best of all this is a strong and tough auto which will survive where others can’t. (really im sure 95% of everyone autos have molded.) Whether you are a fan of the original Frisian Dew, or whether you have never grown an auto before, AutoFrisian Dew is the auto that your outdoor grow location has been calling for.

I couldn't help but hightlight the bits they COMPLETLY couldn't be further then the truth....as you can tell im still raelly pissed about this whole deal and im still waiting on a reply tony........ :sly:

5 people like this

Chopped ten auto frisians last night lost a good 50% to mold!!!!

Unlucky mate, I was hoping AFD would do better for you but it don't surprise me really! it does seem there is the odd AFD plant about that doesn't suffer mold infections but, the majority of AFD seem to mold, did for me!

Just imagine when we have that Auto that grows into crazy big proportions and reliably yields chunky fat, resinous mold proof buds in a few months. Hopefully seed banks are on it..

Saying that the season isn't finished and a few surprises might yet come out the bag!

3 people like this

I hear you dan was gutted really wish id chopped em ten days earlier albiet would of got a bit less but trying to trim round mold on what was once a big fat cola is soul destroying,

On a positive note its a crackin smoke very fruity and packs a fair punch...

What auto's you running with next year given whats availiable at the moment wouldnt mind havin another crack next year

I hear you dan was gutted really wish id chopped em ten days earlier albiet would of got a bit less but trying to trim round mold on what was once a big fat cola is soul destroying,

On a positive note its a crackin smoke very fruity and packs a fair punch...

What auto's you running with next year given whats availiable at the moment wouldnt mind havin another crack next year

yes with all the aFD faults with mould , i agree that it is a lovely fruity smoke with a punch. wiped me out last night i will say lol

I feel bad for those who haven't got the results they were hoping for with these. I was certainly expecting more positive comments around August but it just doesn't seem to have ended up that way.

I remember a lot of hype early in the season which isn't helpful to anyone other than the seedbank. I remember writing this in response to the hype:

:unsure: Not sure it's the first outdoor auto, there's loads of others out there (some say outdoor is the whole point for autos) and as of yet nobody has seen the results of auto frisian in the UK, so they are as of yet effectively untested by he public. I've done the photo frisians and have great faith in their auto version but I wouldn't necessarily recommend them until this season is over and we've seen the results. :yep:

Having said all that I've never grown autos outside so can't help with a strain lol:bag:

From here:

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=320862

Not to be one to point out I'm right (cos that just isn't what this is about) but more just a quiet helpful reminder that really a strain isn't tested until its tested by us, the UK outdoor growers, so lets just try not to get all carried away next time :yep:

4 people like this

that really a strain isn't tested until its tested by us, the UK outdoor growers

It would be interesting to see what latitude the auto frizzie was tested at,because if it was similar to the UK then the mould factor would have been apparent.

3 people like this

A real pity about the mould issues. Everything else about the strain is commendable, good growth, big plants, lots of tight buds (I don't get that some ppl have said the AFD buds are airy, wasn't the case for me), frosty buds that taste great, really sweet and suggary taste and a nice high. Far nicer a smoke to the Onyx I did alongside them. Ah but the mould, if there was an award for a strain that can turn to mush while your back is turned, this is it.

Can anyone comment on whether the Auto FD's taste like their photoperiod counterparts? I really like the taste and high, a few photos will probably be on the cards for next year :v:

Edited by HailCannabis
1 person likes this

Fucked my auto frizzie plots off to a mate who's on his ass at the mo only found two with mould fucked them off but they just don't seem to be growing right the regular frisians are off and throwing like they usually do. Feel sorry for bad penny and panik after the amount of dollars they've slung out not to mention the hard graft of plot preparations man.

TS

4 people like this

It would be interesting to see what latitude the auto frizzie was tested at,because if it was similar to the UK then the mould factor would have been apparent.

I'm pretty sure it was never even tested at all. Sounds like way too much variation to have had any proper work put into it.

My guess is dutch passion tony knocked these up in his airing cupboard over the winter then used this site to sell them. Dutch passion probably know nothing about it.

Bellend

1 person likes this

HC grew them , he's said they were sugary and sweet . I know there was a heatwave but where he's from there's a tad more humidity . I would grow them even though I know they're prone to mould . They have density , that's a problem if you can't check on them regularly . I know some HFH strains might have the bud structure that'll toughen it out but these look appealing in flower . I wouldn't be so sold on them that I'd dedicate a huge area to them but I would definitely try them because they looked so good . At 30 quid for three seed though ,I can't justify buying them because I know where I can get decent autos , yet different , for 50 cent a seed .

2 people like this

A real pity about the mould issues. Everything else about the strain is commendable, good growth, big plants, lots of tight buds (I don't get that some ppl have said the AFD buds are airy, wasn't the case for me), frosty buds that taste great, really sweet and suggary taste and a nice high. Far nicer a smoke to the Onyx I did alongside them. Ah but the mould, if there was an award for a strain that can turn to mush while your back is turned, this is it.

Can anyone comment on whether the Auto FD's taste like their photoperiod counterparts? I really like the taste and high, a few photos will probably be on the cards for next year :v:

ive only grown one pack of photo's and got two green pheno's from that pack... im enjoying the auto smoke more, if i knew this is what id get from the photos id grow them again

most of mine came out well.. i had some mould on a couple of lower buds but to be fair they was chunky! and close to the ground

it was this plant

gallery_32555_5725_7850.jpg

and i use the word airy but what i mean is wispy i think.. not leafy bud, more like a wispy swirl of calyx.. cant explain

some frisian

gallery_32555_5725_13346.jpg

gallery_32555_5725_47901.jpg

gallery_32555_5725_22814.jpg

gallery_32555_5725_5398.jpg

i got a couple of wispy ones from 7 the rest i got decent bud from, some better than others but all goes down nice, only problem i had was some mildew but i blame that on plot and having to many squashed together

im not bigging the plant up.. needs alot of work as people have done high numbers and the results did not come in good.. mine wasnt uniform at all and i kept vists high so i could chop before mould kicked in, and i dont chop a bit of mould and carry on.. if i see it its down! ive also probebly choped a few down to early..

i wouldnt grow them again, but enjoyed growing autos this season for sure.. was aweosme having plenty of bud before october

Edited by RandyBoBandy
10 people like this

It's bad form on DP's part to push a strain for colder climates that is apparently outdoor and mould resistant, only for it not to be any of those things. The people affected should at least be reimbursed their seed money. I know I wouldn't buy from a company that had scammed me.

It seems though that given the problem with these strains is their lack of outdoor hardiness and not with the quality of the smoke, perhaps these would be suited to an indoor grow? What dya reckon? Worth it?

What dya reckon? Worth it?

NO DONT bother......

1 person likes this

I feel bad for those who haven't got the results they were hoping for with these. I was certainly expecting more positive comments around August but it just doesn't seem to have ended up that way.

I remember a lot of hype early in the season which isn't helpful to anyone other than the seedbank. I remember writing this in response to the hype:

From here:

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=320862

Not to be one to point out I'm right (cos that just isn't what this is about) but more just a quiet helpful reminder that really a strain isn't tested until its tested by us, the UK outdoor growers, so lets just try not to get all carried away next time :yep:

Funny you should bring this up Pure I was thinking about it the other day, looks like you was too!...

Yeah old muggins here stuck up for AFD from the start!

Wasn't meant to be though was it!

4 people like this

Will the AFD strain be worked on further to improve performance at more northern latitudes wrt mold resistance or should I just stick with the photo FD?

Edited by Artificial Emotion