Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iBMe

Xpeliair WAC1 users.

Hello all, got an Xpeliair WAC 1 last week to use with my new 6" extractor after reading a few good things on here and the bloody thing seems to have packed up on me already. :(

First of all, upon opening the sliding power and setting switches were sitting in the bottom of the box, while re-attaching I notice that where they attached too seemed very loose and wobbly (but they did clip in ok), I try the switches they work but are very stiff and seem slightly aligned wrong to the case, for example when moving the on/off switch to off the button lifts over the casing and subsequently comes unclipped and falls off..

So I thought "hmm right, kind of shit build quality but as long as it works ok", I get it all wired up and plugged in, top switch on setting 5, switch it on.. led on the box lights up but no extractor fan.. "bollocks".. switch off, down to setting one, switch on again.. yahoo it works! So I try all settings and 1 to 4 work nicely just 5 doesn't for some strange reason, I figure I can live with that as I wasn't planning on using it on full power anyway.

So all good for a couple of days had it on setting 3 and turning down to setting 2 to sleep, much quieter than my old 4" high powered, lovely.

Then comes this afternoon Im sitting at my pc and all of a sudden I hear the extractor stop, wtf?, the led on the controller is still on, after playing about with the switches it now seems the only setting that does work is setting 5 and none of he others do..? :wallbash:

So my question to other users is how do you rate the build quality of your unit? how are the switches and that on yours? all the setting work fine and that?

Im hoping its just a faulty unit but as Im going to have to send it back Im wondering if I should bother getting a replacement if others have had problems or asking for a refund and shelling out for something a bit more robust like an sms.

bit gutted its gone wrong really as I was just thinking that I was finally sorted for equipment for a while :(

PS: Im pretty sure I didnt fry it or anything but I couldnt find the power specifications and that on xpeliairs or toby's website (odd no?), after searching around I found reports of it to be able to handle upto 75w, my extractor has a sticker on it saying 51w, Im not much good with electric stuff but the other information on the extractor is 230v, 0.23A, 50hz.. should be able to handle this shouldn't it?

Edited by iBMe

I use one with a 5" fan and all the settings work. Howver, when mine arrived in the post the on-off switch fell off in my hands when I went to use it. I managed to put it back on but like yours, it was only loosely fitting. It then completely broke from the switch itself and I had to use a screwdriver to push the switch into the on position. All settings 1-5 wotk though I only go down to setting 3.

Edited by dryad

Might be something to do with the Watts ,im sure the wac 1 is 75watt max, there fine with 4inch rvk and some on here use them with 5" fans but any bigger might be to many watts for the wac 1 ?.

E2a http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=113171

Edited by GG UK

cheers had a look through that thread but couldnt find anything really relevant, though again it say 75w and my extractor says it's using 51w..

one thing I didnt think of though is my extractor itself has 3 speed settings, its wired to the lowest setting, heres all the info on the sticker on the side...

CAPAC 2uf/450VDB INS.CL.F IP42

High:230V~50hz - 0.26A - 60W - 2647r/min

Medium:230V~50hz - 0.24A - 51W -2314r/min

Low:230V~50hz - 0.23A - 51W - 1907/min

....? :headpain:

Edited by iBMe

:wallbash:

hope you find a solution , as you say it could be something to do with your 3 speed setting extractor, or just a faulty unit.

Edited by GG UK
1 person likes this

cheeky bump, anyone able to confirm I didn't fry this thing? lol