Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MED

DIY Vaporizer build

74 posts in this topic

hahaha if i could build it right now i would.

1 person likes this

Good luck MED,

"

May be you might like this idea" buy the "Silver Surfer Standard Heater Cover" £16:99'

and build a homemade sliver surfer,it can be done I easy I think :unsure:

Build a box that will house the soldering iron,wood will do the job, :yep: place the pole of the soldering iron in an upright position

Then add the Silver Surfer Standard Heater Cover over the top of the soldering iron,(this depend on the size of the heat element)

if the iron is to wide,maybe what Lake' said,"a ceramic element" would be a better choice,

not sure about the price of them but I would have thought they are pretty cheap,

That it.......

You just need a wand to fit the Silver Surfer Standard Heater Cover' the same site I saw the cover'

has them for £17;99

and some tubbing you can get that there too cheap,and if your got a bit extra the have a look at the mouth peice,

all in all about £40..

If you do decide to go this route then fill free to ask me about the measurement of the sliver suffer' if you need them,

all the best, :yinyang:

I am very stoned at the moment :skin_up:

I done you a picture of how I see it,

=https://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&img=131698]gallery_72243_4276_52475.jpg[/url]

No pressure dude hope you make a good one"

Edited by micro mad
1 person likes this

cant say i have chap. will keep an eye out for one on my internet hunts.

are you making a vape too weedshark?

thinking about it. i have a wee pipe to get things started.

i already have one of those cheap vp100's atm but i tried it once and wasn't too keen.

herb chamber is way too big and awkward to regauze. taste was a bit iffy but maybe just because it's new.

Edited by weedshark

May be you might like this idea" buy the "Silver Surfer Standard Heater Cover" £16:99'

and build a homemade sliver surfer,it can be done I easy I think

Build a box that will house the soldering iron,wood will do the job, :yep: place the pole of the soldering iron in an upright position

Then add the Silver Surfer Standard Heater Cover over the top of the soldering iron,(this depend on the size of the heat element)

if the iron is to wide,maybe what Lake' said,"a ceramic element" would be a better choice,

not sure about the price of them but I would have thought they are pretty cheap,

That it.......

You just need a wand to fit the Silver Surfer Standard Heater Cover' the same site I saw the cover'

has them for £17;99

and some tubbing you can get that there too cheap,and if your got a bit extra the have a look at the mouth peice,

all in all about £40..

If you do decide to go this route then fill free to ask me about the measurement of the sliver suffer' if you need them,

all the best,

I am very stoned at the moment

I done you a picture of how I see it,

=https://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&img=131698]gallery_72243_4276_52475.jpg[/url]

No pressure dude hope you make a good one"

thats a very simple and effective solution. Thanks for posting that idea. i really like it :yep:

Cheers for the pic. i went and watched a few vids on cleaning a Silver surfer to see how it worked.

I've got some time to get more bits together so i haven't settled on a design yet. i do like that for simplicity tho.

thinking about it. i have a wee pipe to get things started.

i already have one of those cheap vp100's atm but i tried it once and wasn't too keen.

herb chamber is way too big and awkward to regauze. taste was a bit iffy but maybe just because it's new.

Sweet. feel free to post your progress in here if you want. im keen to see and help if i can :D

give the VP100 another go i just checked it out on youtube and it looks like some folks are getting decent results from it.

maybe leave it on for a while to burn of anything from the manufacturing process. the Silver Surfer instructions say to do that.

Edited by MED
1 person likes this

Hi, MED I am glad you liked it, good luck mate :yinyang:

Edited by micro mad
1 person likes this

I've got a Evolution digital heat gun, fully temp adjustable. £30 delivered from fleabay. I use it with a waterbong, and it get me smashed off my titties!

1 person likes this

I've got a Evolution digital heat gun, fully temp adjustable. £30 delivered from fleabay. I use it with a waterbong, and it get me smashed off my titties!

Ace! thats innovative :D no burning? just vapeing it right in the bong bowl?

smashed off titties is the standard im looking for :yep:lol

doesn't your smoke go everywhere from the blast? my heat gun is vicious :unsure:

Edited by MED

When using the bong make sure that you get a screen, I use the glass ones they're really good. There's a fan speed control at the back of the gun beside the digital temp output control, turn it down to the minimum fan speed setting, press the weed into the bowl gently with your thumb, sit the gun directly into the bowl and hey presto everythings wonderful! :magic:

Edited to add no burning, keep temp between 180 -190c for best effect!

Edited by MAJORGLORY
2 people like this

When using the bong make sure that you get a screen, I use the glass ones they're really good. There's a fan speed control at the back of the gun beside the digital temp output control, turn it down to the minimum fan speed setting, press the weed into the bowl gently with your thumb, sit the gun directly into the bowl and hey presto everythings wonderful! :magic:

Edited to add no burning, keep temp between 180 -190c for best effect!

hahah brilliant :yep:

well ok lets see how things are going :)

i have found a soldering iron, with a ceramic heating element, on Amazon for under £10 with delivery.

703212.jpg

it contains one of these :yep:

24V-50W-Ceramic-Soldering-Element-with-a-Thermocouple-Hole.jpg

that heats up at the tip just like the ones in a Silver Surfer!

gallery_27674_4674_7258.jpg

so thats the heating element sorted :yep:

just waiting for funds to clear into my paypal then i can order the Iron and the thermostat and start playing around with them :yahoo::guitar: :guitar:

i am still playing around with construction ideas. spare parts for vaporizers are a plenty and offer easy solutions. I.E. i could make a digital silver surfer basically.

Now, the Herbalaire. it can have the weed sitting in it, without effecting the weed in anyway until you inhale? am i right in thinking that? i want that functionality in my vape.

that means the heating element will need to be isolated enough to not heat the weed up too much. i can only assume the herbalaire does infact still warm the smoke up when idle. just not near the vaping temps until the hot air is sucked over the weed?

Floyd? i imagine you are right next to yours lol

1 person likes this

That heat element looks perfect for the SSV :wassnnme:

1 person likes this

That heat element looks perfect for the SSV :wassnnme:

Sure does :yep:

I have been thinking about the way the Heating element and the Sensor will be arranged so that the system is measuring the hot air that hits the bud as well as regulating the idling temps. does that make sense? :unsure:

i made some rough renders of the concept i like the most at the moment.

gallery_27674_4674_21412.jpg

gallery_27674_4674_18252.jpg

gallery_27674_4674_11205.jpg

The air in the glass chamber gets heated up and rises so the sensor is up top. The air-out is right behind, and close to the sensor. this is so the thermostat reads the air entering the weed chamber (not modelled that yet) Then, when its being sucked on, the system will keep trying to regulate the air hitting the weed no matter how hard i toke it.

with luck it should be pretty good at doing so as the ceramic elements are quick at heating and the thermostat can read the sensor every second. if the element is lagging i just upgrade to a 40w or 60w version easily.

I also think the real time temp reading of the air is quite a feature.

The glass chamber? yeah what to do about that? hmmm.. Original Glass seems very friendly ;)

Edit... weed is great for creative ideas... not for helping me explain myself :bong:

Edited by MED
1 person likes this

was just thinking, does that chamber need to be glass? hmmmmm..

Hello again. you'll have to excuse me if it seems like im getting carried away lol

Another concept for you all :wassnnme:

a weed chamber for a vape.

gallery_27674_4674_46526.jpg

the metal basket can be spun by the lid whilst it is being vaped :guitar:

I dont think it would be too expensive to have custom made in glass. not that shape. but something that does the same thing. hopefully the metal basket could be glass too?

Ray tracing is gorgeous :stoned:

4 people like this

Looks like an alien frog, very nice.

Tell me though, why does it have to have a revolving chamber? What am I missing? lol

1 person likes this