Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dinafem Seeds

Your best Dinafem pics

1,634 posts in this topic

Oh yes indeed any of you guys who are growing out the Purps#1 are in for a real treat, it has the custard effect but tastes like candy floss. 

I managed to have a little play around with my camera after work this evening and I think I got some better macros than last time. The focusing rack and new tripod make the whole thing much easier.

Remo Chemo & Purps#1 dry buds 

large.P1110114.jpg

large.P1110092.jpg

large.5c006f344e0e0_P1110008(2).jpg

large.P1110028.jpg

large.P1110213.jpg

large.P1110189.jpg

large.P1110080.jpg

large.P1110083.jpg

large.P1100988.jpg

large.5c006f35e780e_P1110061(2).jpg

Edited by Smokebelch
14 people like this

cracking pics mate .....  what camers  are you using ?

3 people like this

@vortex Cheers dude, the camera is a Panasonic Lumix FZ1000 mounted on a tripod with Raynox DCR150 Macro filter. I am still learning so at the moment there is a lot of trial and error involved. 

Edited by Smokebelch
2 people like this

awesome pics of awesome buds. great work brother belch

had to grow the purps 1 after your description, and now we have a few completed diarys the reports have been stellar

sam

4 people like this

Some stunning shots coming in ;)

Lovely work boy's  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

4 people like this

Macros are looking grand lads, macro can be rather difficult to work with that's for sure. A little tip if you can set your camera in manual mode and dial in say f8 iso 100 or 200 and shutter speed of say 1/200th and then set your flash in manual mode and use it at it's lowest power setting ie 128th. The reason for all this is you want the shortest flash duration to freeze any movement cause by mirror slap or just by pushing the shutter. This should also give you a black background as the duration of both flash and shutter will kill any ambient light. For a little extra light to fill in shadows etc cut a sheet of matt white card say 4 inch x 4 inch and hold it where you want to lift the shadows, when the flash goes of it will reflect onto the subject. Also manual focus when dealing with extreme macro as your auto focus 9 times out of ten will focus on the wrong spot. Keep subject parallel to the lens to get more of the subject in focus. I can only give some advice as I only use Nikon kit and manual flashes for anything I do, but setups can be put into almost all cameras these days. I sold all my macro gear and wish I hadn't.

Toke...

Edited by tokenroll
4 people like this

@tokenroll Thanks for that info on how to shoot macro dude, the shots above are only my second attempt at it so that advice is really helpfull to me. 

I have 9 days off work from tomorrow so I am going to spend the week learning my camera, it’s got so many features and I have only just scratched surface. 

My my camera is fully adjustable so I will trying your macro techniques for myself next week. Thanks for the help dude.

I have found now I am getting into photography that it’s a very techical hobby with so much to learn, I am enjoying it though as it gives me something interesting to concentrate on when I am at home rather than sitting in front of the tv all day.

Edited by Smokebelch
3 people like this

Outstanding photographs @jadenugs and @Smokebelch

Great skills from you both and great buds too!

4 people like this

I have just had my first go at shooting in RAW and then tweeking the photo in Adobe Light Room. I took the macro shot using @tokenroll advice above, I manually focused it using the focusing rack.

Strawberry Amnesia dry bud macro.

large.P1110372-2.jpg

5 people like this

@Dinafem-MarkThese macro shots are just for fun dude, don’t count them in the contest. I will be back in when I have some flowering plants to photograph.

2 people like this

A few more from my experimentations.

large.P1110290.jpg

large.P1110372.jpg

Edited by Smokebelch
7 people like this

On 30/11/2018 at 0:41 PM, tokenroll said:

Macros are looking grand lads, macro can be rather difficult to work with that's for sure. A little tip if you can set your camera in manual mode and dial in say f8 iso 100 or 200 and shutter speed of say 1/200th and then set your flash in manual mode and use it at it's lowest power setting ie 128th. The reason for all this is you want the shortest flash duration to freeze any movement cause by mirror slap or just by pushing the shutter. This should also give you a black background as the duration of both flash and shutter will kill any ambient light. For a little extra light to fill in shadows etc cut a sheet of matt white card say 4 inch x 4 inch and hold it where you want to lift the shadows, when the flash goes of it will reflect onto the subject. Also manual focus when dealing with extreme macro as your auto focus 9 times out of ten will focus on the wrong spot. Keep subject parallel to the lens to get more of the subject in focus. I can only give some advice as I only use Nikon kit and manual flashes for anything I do, but setups can be put into almost all cameras these days. I sold all my macro gear and wish I hadn't.

Toke...

My macro shots are done under the lights with a reversed 50mm lens so I've no auto focus anyway, so I bought a focusing rail. I had the tripod sat on bits of cardboard before, dragging it back and forwards to focus lol

I've also got an led flash ring so I can close the aperture right down on my other lens  for a good depth of field and get lots of light in. I've only used it once for that last Purps#1 bud pic and it was set to on continuous, I've yet to to try it on flash. That's a great tip about the manual flash setting, would that be the ttl setting on a Nikon? Read something about it but have yet to take a look. I also picked up some white parachute nylon, 1.5 x 1metre for a few quid to lay on the floor and reflect the light up into the shadows. Another great tip with the piece of card, I bet that's great for getting in to the buds for macros ;)

Your images are amazing mate so your tips will always be appreciated, thanks :yep:

@Smokebelch More great shots mate ;)

My new tripod is on it's way, thanks for the  recommendation on that. I might as well be pissed up, stood on one leg taking hand helds rather than using the one I've got lol

2 people like this

@jadenugsNo worries dude, I have had a good play with my tripod now and I love it, it’s infinatly adjustable brilliant for macro work.

Just one word of warning, if you have the camera out on the boom you must hold onto the boom when you open the quick release, if you don’t the camera will go crashing into the ground and if you are doing top down macro work it will be the lens that hits first.

2 people like this

On 01/12/2018 at 3:33 PM, Smokebelch said:

@Dinafem-MarkThese macro shots are just for fun dude, don’t count them in the contest. I will be back in when I have some flowering plants to photograph.

Ok buddy  ;)

Keep them coming. Some nice macros mate :bong:

They do say "practice makes perfect" :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

3 people like this