Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grow Chum

SWEET AUTO GROW

349 posts in this topic

Good stuff chum! Nice to see her up and getting some rays.

Keep em coming dude ;-)

Senzi

2 people like this

And so it begins again :guitar:

Best of luck with it Chum :D

2 people like this

Cheers chums, whats exciting for me is I will be popping another seed on in 4-5 weeks and so on and soon enough will be showing new plants and harvested buds in same week every 4-5 weeks, it hard to get my head around but that alot of Sweet times.

Grow Chum

Edited by Grow Chum
2 people like this

Here is my 10 week feeding plan for the Jack 47 Auto, it may get changed or tweaked along the way if needed.

gallery_71942_5424_37574.jpg

Grow Chum

2 people like this

Hi chums, as you know this is a grow diary not a grow guide but hopefully we can learn from each other.

Anyway chums, my PH kit states PH 6.5 target PH but that for soil, been looking into it and I beleive I need to drop my PH down to about 5.5.

The below charts show how some nutrients are affected by PH, at 6.5 in hydro my phosphorus levels not as good as they could be and the high Calcium and Magnesium levels could lock out other nutrients.

Cannabis is only able to absorb the full spectrum of nutrients it needs if its roots receive them at the right pH. If the pH is wrong no matter how many nutrients you add the plant will simply not be able to get at them. The water, the growing medium and the nutrients will all effect the final pH so first test the water on its own. Then add the nutrient and test again. Finally test the run off from watering your plants to see if it is still at acceptable levels. The final pH to aim for will depend on your nutrients and whether you are growing in soil (6.0 - 7.0) or a soiless mediums (5.2 - 6.5).

5.2-5.5 seems the best target in non soil.

gallery_71942_5438_3808.gif

In soil it looks easier with everything available in between 6-7 PH.

gallery_71942_5438_6307.gif

Grow Chum

Edited by Grow Chum
2 people like this

gallery_71942_5438_15876.jpg
7 people like this

5.2-5.5 seems the best target in non soil.

Hi chums after asking Tommy he reccommended 5.8-6.3 for my grow.

My local shop told me to go 6.5 but that was not right and looking at the chart above that seriously affected my phosphorus intake.

Grow Chum

Edited by Grow Chum
2 people like this

I would like to point out that the Jack 47 Auto is stated as being a nine week plant and in my feed plan I have added an xtra week at the end and of course on water.

At the end of week 8 the plant would have had a large PK boost and the leaves and the inner plant reserves should take it through no problem and the plant may finish before the 10 weeks.

My Sweet Cheese Auto was on water 2 weeks at the end, it getting good comments off my friends, "nice and smooth with a lasting flavour".

My Sweet Cheese Auto gave me 80 grams of smooth weed, why feed it up to the balls to get maybe 85 grams of sharp taste weed.

I used to give my plants 1 week of water but Tommy said to do 2-3 weeks, I had a comment in my gallery on my plan that it wrong and I should do 2-3 days?

Below underlined is the message from Tommy as in my Sweet Cheese Grow Diary,

They always love the purity of getting only water with the right pH. I'm sure she will enjoy. And soon, as harvest approaches, you'll have to water her with just water for 2 or 3 weeks

Cheers!

tommy

This watering period help allow the plant to move the THC to the buds, stronger, smoother, nicer flavour.

Its down to choice but I would not smoke weed that had only been on water 2-3 days, smoking Potassium will kill the Zinc in your body and you will have no energy and headaches.

Grow Chum.

Edited by Grow Chum
2 people like this

Hey Chum. Tbh m8 you don't need to ph if growing in soil. The soil acts as a buffer :)

2 people like this

Hi IrishTokr, I am growing in vermiculite/perlite, I feed manually but have to treat as Hydro/non soil.

There is a lot of varying information online, here we are lucky enough to be able to ask our Sweet Chum Tommy and get the answer we need.

Tommy told me 5.8-6.3, 6.2 being good. But my PH kit only measure in .5 and 1 so the closest reading I can get is 6.

Looking at the hydro scale at 6.5 the high Calcium and Magnesium were knocking out the Mangenese and the Phosphorus levels low, I have just suffered all this on a test plant.

Changed to 6 now.

Plant seems to be benefitting from change.

Thanks for the interest chum.

Grow Chum :smoke:

Edited by Grow Chum
2 people like this

Hi chums, this being a diary of my growing experiences I have decided to post a pic of the humble 3ml pippette because I had forgotton these things excisted and had not seen one since school ( +30 years that chums ).

Anyway this humble item has just become an invaluavble addition to my growing as it has made my mixing far easier. I previously only had a 5ml cup and sometimes had to make batches up in 5 and 10 litre batches to get mixes right.

This meant as mix changed in stages I was often throwing nutrient out and making up next strength batch :nono:

Now I can make any mix up in 1 litre volumes no problem.

All for the sake of £0.30 pence.

gallery_71942_5424_5716.jpg

Edited by Grow Chum
2 people like this

Day 7 Jack 47 Auto.

gallery_71942_5424_42806.jpg

gallery_71942_5424_35822.jpg

gallery_71942_5424_57067.jpg

Doent time fly when growing autos.

Useing macro mode and fill flash on camera and getting better pictures and colours now, the top picture has the more natural colour. I zoom into the image on my computer screen and then use the snipping tool to copy picture. I have camera on 10 megapixel which is too big to upload. When useing snipping tool it takes image down to about 1 megapixel and I can upload pictures. Zooming in with the camera zoom didnt seem to work.

Edited by Grow Chum
2 people like this

UDATES

EMERGENCY

Late night panic last night as temp in grow room went too high or was creating a heat spot. My little J47 was falling over with the heat and a few hours more of that and she would of been gone. Fan was not cooling reflector or room and after several attempts and the fact this has never happened before the only option was to put grow room back how it was setup a couple of weeks ago. All this at 11.00 pm, I finished doing the grow room at 11.50 pm, ten mins before light out.

Everything OK now and J47 happy and looks different from yesterday as she grows a little.

GROW PLAN

In a previous grow I have done LST on an Indica plant in a 10 litre pot and kept the height down to about 25 cm/10 inches.

For the J47 my target height is 30-40 cm/12-16 inches.

35 cm/14 inches is my guesstimated end height.

I start the process on the side stems not the main stem and I pull and tie the taller side stems down to the height of the lower stems, this results in shorter plant than just bending over main stem, a little prune of inward growing leaves, some leave removed off main stem and then the final bend and tie down to same height as all other stems, nothing out of the ordinary. This wil be done at about day 25.

NEXT STAGE

Shortly after the LST on the J47 the second plant for the grow will be started, Cream Mandarine next I think.

I cannot wait to post pictures of the two of them together in their various stages of growth.

Have A Sweet day ,

Edited by Grow Chum
2 people like this

Day 9

Plant coming on now and no effects from the heat problem the other night :doctor:

gallery_71942_5424_19227.jpg

gallery_71942_5424_53677.jpg

Sweet :smoke:

Edited by Grow Chum
3 people like this

Sweet mate! , Looking forward to seeing some rapid growth :eat:

1 person likes this