Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grow Chum

SWEET AUTO GROW

349 posts in this topic

Hi chums, some more information on my grow plans,

when I germinate my first seed she will be going straight into an 11 litre square pot of a 50/50 mix of vermiculite/perlite with low strength nutrient added.

She will be going a safe height under a 250 watt hps bulb in Diamond reflector.

She will be fed on Bcuzz nutrients later mixed with Canna PK as required.

Photos of each important growth and training stage to be included in diary.

J47 on now and am hoping she will be in the pot and up New years Day, that will be Sweet, that was the plan and to start my dairy with a photo of a Sweet birth on New Years Day but I could not wait to get my diary going.

Grow Chum.

Edited by Grow Chum
3 people like this

Hi chums, my J47 has sprouted and is in the pot, she should pop up in couple of days, she only had a small sprout but I needed to put my propogator out of sight and I am busy until tonight so anyway long story short things are on track.

Grow Chum.

1 person likes this

Great stuff AP, look forward to your diary.

Cheers Serpent, they all winners, I keep it secret no longer, I have gone for the Jack 47 to kick things off as it has been on my wanted to grow list for some time. It was so hard to decide I was close to putting the names in a hat to choose.

Grow Chum.

Nice choice but then you wouldn't have gone wrong with any of them and here's a Jack 47 I finished earlier in the year :D

gallery_57657_3504_72911.jpg

2 people like this

hi Chum, thanks for start this diary and for sharing all this information. :wink:

I am late but not too much to see your first Sweet's photos :smokin:

i hope all your wishes for the new year come true, included the birth of that Sweet lady.

i will keep passing by

Jaypp

1 person likes this

Cheers Serpent, nice photo, checked out your grow method for soil, jolly good.

Cheers Jaypp, should have a photo of my little lady soon.

all the best for 2013 chums, although it seems we there already lol

Edited by Grow Chum
2 people like this

For those interested in genetics, Jack 47 Auto.

gallery_71942_5424_141780.jpg

Green Poison Auto

gallery_71942_5424_25274.jpg

Cream Mandarine Auto

gallery_71942_5424_7668.jpg

The above information is off an internet source not Sweet but hopefully it accurate enough to post.

Grow Chum.

Edited by Grow Chum
3 people like this

Just up, no fangs showing.

gallery_71942_5424_101598.jpg

She smaller than some of the perlite/vermiculite,

she so Sweet!

Grow Chum

Edited by Grow Chum
3 people like this

everybody say aaaaaaaaahhh lol

chum i have to tell you i am pretty excited on this rolling sweet diary!!

quick q for ya mate, do you just keep reuseing your medium or new each time?

all the best for 2013 when it comes mate!

:cheers:

AP

1 person likes this

Hi AP, I do reuse medium but the vermiculite starts to break down into smaller single bits and therefore does not hold moisture the same, I reckon it can be reused about 3 times, maybe more, this new diary in new mix. At £5 for 10 litres of vermiculite and the same for perlite it has cost me £10 for my medium, which will be reused. Separting from roots can be a pain, best done as dry as possible, always lose a little and top up, does work out cheaper than using soil and the roots fly through it. First time I recycled I done in bath of water thinking it alll float and could skim off top, no chance I was there for ages, lol.

I then put into pots and flush with water, let dry out and add nutrient just before adding seed.

When useing new I put into pots and flush with water, let dry out and add nutrient before adding seed.

ATB

:cheers:

Grow Chum

Edited by Grow Chum
1 person likes this

haha god loves a trier mate i can see you bent over the bath with jug in hand, i was thinking you would just dry it out and give it a shake etc

no bad for the meger money is that mate i am want to give it a bash sometime! just like coco meduim in my opinion?

cheers for the info

atb

AP

1 person likes this

Hey Chum ;) Good luck with this m8. Sounds pretty much like my plan for this year, perpetual grow of auto's. Look forward to seeing how it goes. :) Happy New Year!

1 person likes this

Hi IrishTokr, yes am glad to be heading this way, I had to start making most of my lamp, and 2 plants the way to go.

Staggered growing just a little more fun I think, whilst one is just starting off I have got the would be results to look at as well, gives me more to do and gets me more involved in an other wise simple grow, different feeds for each of the plants, has advantage at germination as only germinating one seed at a time, hate it when you put seeds on and they germinate different times. Different flavours can be harvested every 4-5 weeks.

Only dissadvantage which really makes no difference is that I have to have the younger plant raised up to light on bricks but really no problem just simple solution.

Will have photos from grow room when 2 plants are running at same time and will show how I do it, how I get on.

Will be trying to keep plants height below 60cm/2ft with LST and this new to me and still perfecting my growing, should be fun, always get a good yield so all good and well.

Hope to have better standard photos in this diary as I have new camera and a little tripod, from Asda £6, but still learning how to get good pics and trying to sort light balance when doing grow room shots.

Thanks for the interest chum

ATB

Grow Chum

Edited by Grow Chum
2 people like this

Hi Chum!

Very nice my friend, thanks for the updates and for that strain lineage board :yep:

Hope you get the great results you usually get with Sweet Seeds and your personal grow tecnhiques ;)

Sweet smokes!

tommy

1 person likes this

Hi Chum, i've seen you have a new camera :yahoo: !! Congratulations, i'll try to help you with your problem.

To fix the balance color is simple, you only need to pick from the camera menu the option " WB" or "White balance".

Then you must shoot in the same room ( grow room) to a white paper or something white. With all this, you'll get a correct balance color.

Hope this help you.

Cheers!

Jaypp

1 person likes this

Cheers Tommy, looking forward to the grow, always sweet with Sweet.

Cheers Jaypp, I have tried white balance but still struggle, have a few more things to try, maybe try with flash.

Anyway chums here is a pic, with orange tones, taken day 3, Wednesday, my internet been off 2 days again.

Jack 47 Auto

15mm High

15mm Wide

gallery_71942_5424_3835.jpg

Sitting in a 50/50 mix of perlite/vermiculite, the perlite is white and is good for drainage/airation, the vermiculite is brown and is good for moisture retention. A perfect mix?

Grow Chum.

Edited by Grow Chum
1 person likes this