Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gandhara

Nepalese Ex-stock freebies

46 posts in this topic

Hi Grimble Grumble,

thx for sharing. I did get to read your experience with the RSC Nepalese but it wasn't complete if i recall correctly so i didn't exactly get to see how much time your plants took to be totally ripen...

Yes, you do recall correctly. I didn't state the time they finished, because they never did ripen fully in my environment.

No need to shoot the messenger man!

Well I simply wanted to report that eventually one seed has sprouted. I had totally given up on those seeds and went on with launching a Nanda Devi grow (also obtained as freebies). Incidentally 7 out of 12 ND seeds have sprouted so far. I really hope the Nepalese plant turns out to be a female rather than a male as i want to make seeds from the Nanda devi plants and would hate it if it were contaminated with anything even a Nepalese plant...

Edited by gandhara

Well I simply wanted to report that eventually one seed has sprouted. I had totally given up on those seeds and went on with launching a Nanda Devi grow (also obtained as freebies). Incidentally 7 out of 12 ND seeds have sprouted so far. I really hope the Nepalese plant turns out to be a female rather than a male as i want to make seeds from the Nanda devi plants and would hate it if it were contaminated with anything even a Nepalese plant...

haha - how many months has it been dormant now? about half a year?

this is a pure guess, but maybe it will be from some wild/feral pollen?

either way, very interesting to see what it turns out to be (that was a very good batch of charas that year, so I was totally gutted when the seeds turned out to be duff... if it is a male, may be worth using it and pm ing me for some more Nanda Devi seeds ((free of course)))

haha - how many months has it been dormant now? about half a year?

this is a pure guess, but maybe it will be from some wild/feral pollen?

either way, very interesting to see what it turns out to be (that was a very good batch of charas that year, so I was totally gutted when the seeds turned out to be duff... if it is a male, may be worth using it and pm ing me for some more Nanda Devi seeds ((free of course)))

No this one is from a more recent "batch", i sowed the last 20 seeds early march so that's more like two months and a half.

I'm not sure i understand you question about the feral origin. Were you suggesting that it was not an RSC seed ? Or that the Nepalese plant could've been hit by such a pollen ?

Thank you for your generosity Namkha but i still have another dozen Nanda Devi seeds in stock should the Nepalese turns out to be a male. This raises the question of his use however : would there be a point to a Nepalese x Nanda Devi hybrid ?

Hi gandhara, concerning your "lonely Nepalese", have you considered taking two or more cuttings from side branches and rooting them as clones? That way, once rooted, you could put one into flowering right after it has rooted, to see what gender you have, then you can decide how you want to procede from there. If female, you could grow the clone with the Nandas to get it pollinated with the Nanda females to get your cross. If male, you could take cuttings off a few of the nandas, sex them and let one of the Nanda females get pollinated with one of the Nepalese male cuttings, either way you'd have your cross and your Nandas would stay pure if kept seperate. I have both of those too, so may do the same thing myself, might be an interesting cross. Either way, good luck!

ah - so how many seeds have you had to try to get that one plant?

I'm actually really glad to hear it - because it means it will be possible to get some plants out of that batch

I'm not sure i understand you question about the feral origin. Were you suggesting that it was not an RSC seed ? Or that the Nepalese plant could've been hit by such a pollen ?

I'm suggesting the cultivated Nepalese plants will have been hit by wild/feral pollen

wild/feral plants grow throughout the Himalaya, so there their pollen is always around from spring until autumn

in any batch of seeds from a cultivated Himalayan strain there will always be plants which obviously have more wild characteristics

in some cases wild/feral plants will colonise very large areas - sometimes you will see valleys full of them (Western Nepal is famous for this); and they are very common on disturbed ground - around roads, fields, houses - anywhere there are people and nitrogen

I think some people (Hillig, for one) would call this type of cannabis Cannabis ruderalis - but I'm fucked if I can see how it makes sense to give a separate species classification to plants that are in a genetic to and fro with the cultivated plants in the area

it seems self-evident to me that everything in the Himalaya is Cannabis indica of some kind

Ganjasattva,

Thanks for your suggestion. Certainly this is a valid possibility however I have given up on any indoor setup as it is too much of a material hassle for me in my present situation. Doing clone it itself presents no problem however maintaining the 12/12 light cycle certainly would. Thus I'll do as the laws of nature -almost- commands. Who knows a Nepalese x Nanda Devi might yield a stratospheric high ;)... This is the whole point of experimenting.

Namkha,

Well I did sow the entire pack, ie one hundred seeds. How likely is it that some seeds may sprout in the forthcoming years ? Does such thing happen in their native habitat ?

Edited by gandhara
1 person likes this

Interesting, Namkha. How could they speak of Ruderalis in the Himalayas?? It doesnt make sense. I know there are a lot of variations on the Him. slopes, but...ATB keep the good work :skin_up:

Just wanted to report on this strictly for the sake of documentation since I won't be doing anything with them.

The first pic is from oct 2014

IMG 2914

and the second is early august 2015 ;-)

IMG 0372

As you can see they still pop totally at random from the same pot which contains the recycled soil I originally used for this project ;-D...

Edited by gandhara
2 people like this

haha

awesome!

I feel a bit of vindication here too

any chance you will keep these and grow them out?

that batch of Nepalese was from some very good plants

Edited by namkha

Yeah I know it´s kind of a pity not to use them. I must admit that I've lost count of how many of them popped over the years but it's certainly at least twenty. I can try and keep them going for later, for sure now it's too late for this year isn't it ?

I've repotted two of the three seedlings in a single bigger pot. We'll see how that turns out so late in tthe season. If they're females they'll eventually be seeded by the Lebanese males who have been releasing a lot of pollen lately :wub:. That would provide me an incidental NepLeb cross :smartass:. Here they are :

IMG 0398

e2a : you may wonder about the third seedling. Well It's been severed by a short lived yet intense hail shower that just came out of nowhere. The joy of the great outdoors so to speak ;-) !
Edited by gandhara
1 person likes this

Another one has popped !!!

I don't think my plan is going to work though, given the supercrappy september that is coming along. So I'd rather try and keep them in veg for next year.

Edited by gandhara

I'd rather try and keep them in veg for next year.

sounds like a good idea to me

Oh yeah ! I forgot to mention, still another one popped out of the "Magic Random Nepalese Pot" this year. However unlike past years, this one has popped during the growing season so I moved the pot to my sunny big balconey and will keep have it grown. Male or female doesn't matter they're all good to me :smartass:...

IMG 1041

Anyway, moral of the story is : next time you hear someone telling you that beans which don't pop after two weeks are dead, just bitch slap the hell out of them !

11 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0