Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gandhara

Nepalese Ex-stock freebies

46 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I happen to have a pack of Nepalese ex stock and wanted to know if anyone has been lucky to get some seeds to sprout somehow.

If yes, any tips to recommend ? I understand the germing rate of those freebies is very low but still if you had any success maybe there are ways to make the best of them that we can share ?

Thanks !

Hiya, ive had success with sulky seeds before by giving them a long "over winter" in a fridge, a few months will do really, then line a matchbox with fine sand paper and give the seeds a shake for a while, this removes the tough layer that coats the seed that can prevent them splitting.

after that soak and germinate in your prefered way.

good luck, those Nepalese genes can be sweet. :yinyang:

2 people like this

Hi guys,

I happen to have a pack of Nepalese ex stock and wanted to know if anyone has been lucky to get some seeds to sprout somehow.

If yes, any tips to recommend ? I understand the germing rate of those freebies is very low but still if you had any success maybe there are ways to make the best of them that we can share ?

Thanks !

hi gandhara

i got a freebie pack when i brought malana cream a month or so ago if mines like yours theres about 60 to 100 seeds in a round petri dish thing, i germed 10 at a time every 2 days or so got nothing through then i decided on germing the lot ( about 40-50 seeds) in one go im afraid to say i still got nothing i hope you get better luck than me my friend namkha did say they were very low germ rates but in my opinion its still worth a try.

i used the paper towel method on my nepalese like i say got nothing but i did paper towel method on both the malana cream and lebanese and got 4/5 and 5/5 so the germ rates are there from the real seed company

hope that helps matey

anasrzi

1 person likes this

Hi Anasrzi,

I've had sort of the same problem. I started ten seeds first and then some more ten given the little success i had but to no avail, they just won't sprout :blub:. I've put them on my balconey now and will just let them sit there for a year. Hopefully some will sprout eventually. Fingers crossed...

Hi Osama,

So your technique is to make them undergo a pseudo winter to trick them out of dormancy. Thing is all my seeds are currently in the fridge, that's the place where i store them, and its temperature although low is above zero. I was thinking : how about putting the seeds i want to sprout some time in the freezer like an hour or two everyday for the next two months ? On the one hand the below zero temperature should do a pretty good job at approximating a cold Himalayan winter, on the other hand i fear this could be a bit harsh on the seeds and kill them... Hmmm... I'll try both techniques and see. I would sure LOVE to get myself some Nepalese delights, although my real objective is to try and make seeds !

Thx for sharing guys.

Soak them overnight in water, If I'm using old seeds I float them on water in a glass, the surface tension keeps them afloat but by morning if you give them a stir the ones that have taken in water will sink to the bottom, germ those and leave the others floating

until they sink (with a stir) seeds have a tiny hole to let moisture in sometimes this gets blocked the soaking helps to clear it,

if seeds are still floating after 3 days they are likely to be dried out or dead, plant them anyway as they can sometimes surprise you.

7 people like this

Which Nepalese is it?

The best method of germinating wild or semiwild genetics is stratification. Put the seeds in moist sand and place in the fridge for about a week, this should imitate the natural winter conditions and trigger germination. Also freezing the seeds is known to help in some cases.

Tbh, if had another chance to grow Rsc Nepalese I would pass, even with fresh seeds. The flowering time is just way out the ball park.

Unless you are thinking of adding some land race genetics to any cross you are hacking out, I wouldnt bother.

I have a diary in my content if you care to look.

If your seeds are struggling, they will probably be too old.

I have been trying to germ some old seeds from my own collection but am finding some mutants and poor germ rates.

Best of luck anyway.

GG.

Tbh, if had another chance to grow Rsc Nepalese I would pass, even with fresh seeds. The flowering time is just way out the ball park.

Unless you are thinking of adding some land race genetics to any cross you are hacking out, I wouldnt bother.

I have a diary in my content if you care to look.

If your seeds are struggling, they will probably be too old.

I have been trying to germ some old seeds from my own collection but am finding some mutants and poor germ rates.

Best of luck anyway.

GG.

hi GG - if you are going to make comments such as those last two sentences about no shows and mutants in this forum it would be nice if you could specify if they are referring to RSC seeds or somebody else's

likewise - Nepalese charas plants are medium flowering - harvested in mid November which equates to about 80 - 90 days I guess... that is not madly long, unless you keep overfeeding them in which case they may keep pushing out new growth... people have found awesome plants in these genes... cf. a plant kept by the people at GroBedre in Denmark which there are photos of up here

feedback from these ex-stock seeds was initially good - but those were probably plumper ones... the rest were tiny, and I figured I would just give away loads of them in the hopes somebody could get a few plants... a few months after I had taken them down as freebies I thought I would try about 200 and to be honest I had no luck either.... hopefully somebody will

2 people like this

My Real Seed Company seeds are the next to get popped, even if that is 20 weeks away. namkha gave me 30 or so Lebanese seeds which he told me had a poor germination rate, but I picked 3 random seeds and got 3 plants, 1 female. As for flowering time out of the ball park, no way. Doesn't even have 3 digits to the amount of days to flower, just 80-90 days. :)

1 person likes this

to be honest comments like that are the reason why, even if I was making loads of money out this (which I really am not in any way shape or form - next to nothing in fact) I would never advertise... I just wait for people to come to RSC, in the hope that by the time they get here they will know what these kind of plants are about...

Edited by namkha
6 people like this

I just want to add a point I made in the past- we are dealing with natural. wild biologigal material with all its vulnerabilities. Not to forget Murphy's Law or the fact that shit happens. And on the more scientific side, in the last couple of years we have been through a phase of some of the highest solar activity on record with incredible solar storms and flares. I find it hard to imagine high-altitude plants in the high Himalaya and seeds transported at even higher altitudes when flown to Europe to go through that entirely uneffected. So we might be looking at a harvest that got naturally inactivated by solar irradiation...

Ancient mankind understood that such seed failures could and did occur and so learned to store a diverse reserve of various "vintage years" of crop seed.

We didn't survive until the present without overcoming a lot of hardships and certainly not by expecting to order what we need to survive by mail, expecting 100% success by relying on luck alone...

Namkha, keep up the great work, don't let an occasional negative feedback get you demotivated! I for one am grateful as all hell for your tremendous efforts!

2 people like this

if these are the same nepalese I grew out a few years ago, then I have no idea what Grimble Grumble is talking about.. I was lucky enough to find a nice 'indica' phenotype that was basically done in mid-october, I've seen a few grows with more sativa phenotypes that only took a few weeks more nothing extreme.

Please excuse the typing errors I oversaw - too late to edit, sorry! Yes, I do know how to spell biological!

1 person likes this

Hi Grimble Grumble,

thx for sharing. I did get to read your experience with the RSC Nepalese but it wasn't complete if i recall correctly so i didn't exactly get to see how much time your plants took to be totally ripen... In any case, i'm so psyched at the perspective of being able to produce my own nepalese hash -albeit in small amounts- i think it's definitely worth the hassle. Should i get three plants inclding one female like KingBlueRizla, i'd be thrilled !

Given that several methods were suggested (courtesy of HughieGreen and OBL) , i'll do several batches of ten seeds each per technique. It could even prove interesting to combine them, who knows.

I'll make sure to post results as well.

1 person likes this

Namkha, I was referring to my own collection of seeds and NOT real seed company seeds.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0