Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest ScumbagGardens

Pax Portable Vaporizer

44 posts in this topic

I have tried the Da Vinci Scumbag, it is VERY good. Nice sized herb chamber

Da Vinci Scumbag - sounds like a grunge band ;+}

nibs.

I like the look of this little machine!!

I have tried the Da Vinci.. it is VERY good. Nice sized herb chamber

Cheers,it's good to hear from someone who's tried it :)

I can't find anyone on the web with anything bad to say about it.I like the little pokey stick that comes with it to stir the bowl.Stirring the bowl in my Pax vape is a bit tricky if you don't have anything to hand.

Edited by ScumbagGardens

A lot of medi growers ask us about vaping vs smoke. Personally I love vaping and my lungs never felt better, I am completely converted to vaping now. I have used an iolite for years and think they are good. Recently I have been having a go on a few different brands. The Da Vinci struck me as really solid and it just 'felt' well built. It is also adjustable on the temperature. Unlike the Iolite it is totally silent and I personally felt really stoned after using it. I wasnt sure if this was due to the higher temperatures it reaches vs the Iolite or whether it was due to a bigger herb chamber. But the Da Vinci is a lovely looking/feeling unit. On the down side you only get 4 vapes before the unit needs recharging and it takes 3 hours to recharge. But I reckon the Da Vinci is one of those vapes you could buy and not regret, top marks from me

4 people like this

Good review! Thanks Tony.

Nice to know I like my Iolite but dont use it that much unless I need stealth out and about as it doesnt come near to my volcano or SSV.

Just weighing up between Arizer Solo which seemed good when I tried it, only down downsides was it was a pain to transport and due to no gauze the weed can end up in your mouth! But did provide nice vapor.

Nice review mate. Looking at a new vape and reviews like this really help so thanks very much SG :yep:

E2a: just watched the da Vinci video. Temptation is a horrible thing. :hippy:

Edited by Mr Bond

Thought I'd do a little follow up on me review.

So after a couple of weeks I'm still loving this little thing :) It just vapes so nice & so stealthy,I got away with puffing on it while watching a band in me local pub.Just stick it on low temp so you get hardly any vapor & away you go.You can hide it in your hand so easily & it doesn't get too hot either :B):

Filling & emptying the bowl is very easy,almost too easy :)

From cold I use the medium temp for a couple of puffs,them turn it down to low & you get a lot more even "burn" on your herb.But once it's warmed up I just keep it on low heat & it's grand.I have found on medium heat that it will get close to combustion if you take too many puffs without stirring the bowl.You can stir the bowl with the lid but I have e'mailed Ploom to suggest they put a little poky stick in it somewhere to make stirring the bowl easier.

I've found that if you lift the lid slightly while you vape it increases the air flow so it doesn't feel so restricted when you puff :)

med_gallery_66764_4536_11946.jpg

So a little poky stick is my only minor,insignificant complaint so far.I'll get round to doing a decent battery test later & report my findings :smokin:

1 person likes this

This is why I love this site: search around the Internet for decent reviews of the Pax and couldn't find much of worth. First thread I come across on here, the heads are comparing it, contrasting it and informing me which product I want.

Loving the sound of the Pax, think I'll get my mate in Seattle to send one over!

Reggie post up a review of your findings if you do!! There is a lot of interest in that machine :wassnnme:

Any other UK420ers had a good experience with the Pax vape?

1 person likes this

good review, i really wanted one of these, but pax dont ship to uk and they wont stand by their warranty if your in uk! so wont be going through ebay, which is a shame. they said hoping to start selling in uk at some point(probably with a massive price increase) so now am waiting for march to see the new ascent vape. gutted though as would of got a pax now

2 people like this

good review, i really wanted one of these, but pax dont ship to uk and they wont stand by their warranty if your in uk! so wont be going through ebay, which is a shame. they said hoping to start selling in uk at some point(probably with a massive price increase) so now am waiting for march to see the new ascent vape. gutted though as would of got a pax now

Had a quick look at that Ascent vape after reading your post. I'd be up for getting that this spring / summer if it gets good reviews - looks pretty cool. But I also would really love to get my hands on a Pax. I'm sure they'll be similar models coming out soon - just hope the quality keeps improving.

:bong:

Does the mouth piece get sticky on the pax? Anyone know?

Any other UK420ers had a good experience with the Pax vape?

Hi Rubbabudbud,

I had my first ever vape a couple of weeks ago. One of my friends has got a Pax, and I think they're brilliant!

I obviously can't compare it to any other vapes, but after a good few hits on it, I was really high :D

More a feeling in the head, and couldn't stop talking for ages rather than a monged feeling.

I didn't feel like smoking anything for a good while. And when I got home, I spaced out on the PC for a good half hour before making myself a homecoming brew.

Have just been reading some reviews on different vapes at the moment as I'm thinking of getting one to help give up the fags.

And I really think it would help to use one after sampling my mate's Pax (on a few occasions)

The taste is just unreal!! It's like the fresh taste of scissor hash from when harvesting. Or it's like it tastes as it smells?!!

I used some tasty Smile in it. Probably on medium and high temperature settings.

Once I got used to not tooting it too hard, I got a real good throat hit. You've gotta slightly sip them slowly, aye?

Does the mouth piece get sticky on the pax? Anyone know?

Hey MrCheesehaze

It didn't seem sticky after one nights usage. I wouldn't know over time.

My mate was saying that he has to clean the weed chamber with some ISO to stop it getting sticky, and I imagine you could do the same for the mouthpiece too.

Nifty little thing it is. And I just can't get over the taste!! I'm gonna have to 'invest' in one I think :)

:hippy:

Edited by Jon Clobert
1 person likes this

The pax is an amazing piece of kit. Some people talk about the mouth piece issue like its a problem ... but in reality ... its not. As with all stoner gadgets ... there is an 'art' involved in using them. Same here ... it takes you about 10mins to figure out how to exactly use it. Mouth piece is not a problem ... if you clean out the gunk. The taste is better when clean .. anyway.

I took it to amsterdam and ... damnnn ... I could really taste every single flavour ... the high was always soaring ... and it was super convenient. I used to carry tubes filled with pre-grinded herb ... so topping up the pax was easy ... anywhere ... clubs .. bars ... restaurants ... name it. And no one bats an eyelid when they see you smoke the pax ... cos they think its an asthama inhaler (maintain low setting in public!).

This is the ONLY vaporiser I use!

The only ... concern I have ... is smoking oils. Not that I do ... but I am thinking of. I read somethere... that you dab the oil in natural cotton wool ... and it works amazingly well . Still need to try this.

This should be the ONLY vaporiser you need.

PS: I just leave it on my desk .. and noone thinks anything of it. Super discrete.