Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Automated feeding

431 posts in this topic
20 hours ago, GAROLD said:

I liked this system then switched to bio bizz.only thing that gave me problems was the 4mm Air tubbing popped off the spikes n flooded the tent.stuck a few small tie wraps on job sorted.possibly go back to this setup .

after properly reading I've noticed you let your runoff go to the bottom of your spill sheet .sort a brought back a memory of someone else called saint I used to see a lot on here lot with still the same habbit .haha see nothing changes. peace bro.didn't you also do a been bomb good few years back now?peace out .G

Also what’s the consensus now on keeping the res water moving is another small pump in the bottom good enough or will I need a air stone aswell?

Hi @Kush123.

The syphon is just before the hose goes out of the tank.It s not needed to stuck something at the end of the line.I haven t install a filter,as you can see the nutes i m using are clear as water.

Many pumps come with an intake filter,if not you can find at aquarium shops,it s cheap,so is the inline filter.

Sorry about my English M8,i think you get my point.

1 person likes this

44 minutes ago, Kush123 said:

Also what’s the consensus now on keeping the res water moving is another small pump in the bottom good enough or will I need a air stone aswell?

No airstone,a small pump is good enough.Airstone is raising the pH.

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, countrock said:

Hi @Kush123.

The syphon is just before the hose goes out of the tank.It s not needed to stuck something at the end of the line.I haven t install a filter,as you can see the nutes i m using are clear as water.

Many pumps come with an intake filter,if not you can find at aquarium shops,it s cheap,so is the inline filter.

Sorry about my English M8,i think you get my point.

8 minutes ago, countrock said:

No airstone,a small pump is good enough.Airstone is raising the pH.

Yeh I understand you perfectly mate thanks a lot for your help @countrock

1 person likes this

@countrock Alright mate another quick question for you. I’ve currently only got 5 plants and a 6 way manifold on its way just like yours. Could I use the spare connector on the manifold as my syphon line feeding back into the res? Also does the syphon line have to be the same length as the dripper lines. Hopefully what I’m explaining makes sense. Thanks 

9 hours ago, Kush123 said:

@countrock Alright mate another quick question for you. I’ve currently only got 5 plants and a 6 way manifold on its way just like yours. Could I use the spare connector on the manifold as my syphon line feeding back into the res? Also does the syphon line have to be the same length as the dripper lines. Hopefully what I’m explaining makes sense. Thanks 

I m not sure,i think the syphon line has to be higher than the tank.

Wait for someone else to clear this out.

@countrockThanks mate 

@Kush123 I use one of the lines as the syphon but my manifold runs from one end to the other as opposed to the type in the pic where it joins in the middle.

2 people like this

@golf.007 Thanks mate. Yeh I think that’s how @Saint original set up worked. I’ll give it a try if it doesn’t work I can put the syphon line in like @countrock does. :yep:

1 person likes this

Old topic but still the best cheap built system i have seen lol. I have built mine and have had it running for 1 week now. Everything is doing what it should do. Funny enough i just used old hosepipe tied Above the plants onto the from of the grow tent. from there i have 2 4mm feeds going to each of 4 plants in cocco with a run to waste system going on too. During my week test my ph and ec have kept within "reasonable " levels so ------I am now off on holiday for a week lol - My step daughter is going to live here while im away (32yo so no probs as she knows ect ) so she will be watchlady to make sure my upstairs groom isn't suddenly downstairs due to floods lol. 
I hope everything is going to be as stable as last week...but what can ya do ffs.....Grow has a couple of weeks left so on day 5 of my hols i have put cooca a in one glass marked 1 cocca b in second glass marked 2 and ph down in the 3rd marked 3 lol - she has been given a quick tutorial on how to fill up my waterbut/res and mix well after each cup......I am making up a very week feed ratio as well as when i caome back it will be getting there for flush time for last 2 weeks. 
Wish me luck guys and gals lol.