Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dirtydon83

2 questions?

Evening all, my first grow is going quite well after some nifty advice on here. I've been vegging for almost four weeks after getting some 9 day old cuttings, I've got 4 exodus cheese in soil, 11 litre pots in a dr120 with a 600w, in my loft. they are almost 2 feet tall and between them cover almost all of the floor space, overlapping in the middle and pretty much touching all four sides of the tent. i had a 5" inlet but have now gone passive due to temps falling, i've also got an electric blanket under the pots to try and keep em warm, and a 6" budget filter with a box extractor. now my questions:

1. Im a bit worried (and puzzled) about the humidity... ive read on here that when temps rise, humidity falls and when temps fall, humidity rises. well mine seems to be the opposite. when temps are at their highest, so is humidity - up tp 74% at its highest, when temps are low it falls to 50ish%. any ideas? is this a problem i should be concerned about? my extractor is running quite low at the moment, could this be why?

2. I have also noticed some smell coming from the extractor. i know this shouldnt be so cuz i've defo got a negative pressure (tent is concave). any ideas on this one? It's not a major stink, but when i flower them i know it's gonna get worse! as will humidity i spose!

any advice greatly welcome. they seem pretty healthy, but i want it to stay that way!

peace

Hi D :skin_up:

How old is your filter bud ?, u say it's a budget one, maybe it's just plain'ol knackerd.

Or maybe, leaky joint on your ducting somewhere?. I'd have a look just for curiosity's sake :alien2:

erm

Can't think of owt else

As for the humidity thing, no help at all man, my lofts like the Burmuda fookin Triangle of loft's lol

Hope you find the answers man :spliff:

peace :hippy:

Hi D :skin_up:

How old is your filter bud ?, u say it's a budget one, maybe it's just plain'ol knackerd.

Or maybe, leaky joint on your ducting somewhere?. I'd have a look just for curiosity's sake :alien2:

erm

Can't think of owt else

As for the humidity thing, no help at all man, my lofts like the Burmuda fookin Triangle of loft's lol

Hope you find the answers man :spliff:

peace :hippy:

filter is brand spankers mate!! dont think ive got leaks but i'll check. my extraction is set up like this:

filter > duct > extractor > more duct - its through this last piece of duct (where air is expelled) that i can smell a little. like i say it ent major but i think it will get worse ...

anyone else know about this strange humidity issue??

Youll prob be better off going filter-fan and losing the duct or get yourself a rhino or similar and keep the budget as a spare. What fan have you got is it a budget job as well?

To add it could be your fan effecting the humidity if its not shifting the air sufficiently.

To add it could be your fan effecting the humidity if its not shifting the air sufficiently.

Thanks for chipping in lefty. It ent a budget fan, its a 6" box / acoustic fan cost a couple of hundred last year. Big heavy thing. U mean I should have it inside the tent connected to the filter? Not sure I could do this, cuz of how big and heavy it is. It's currently suspended on bungee cords outside the tent. Hence the filter > duct > fan...

Edited by dirtydon83

Maybe your fan is pulling more air through the filter than it can handle? what is the fan rated at and the filter rated at? either that or you have a leak or the filter is just a fail.

my guess is uve got a small leak in the ducting beetween the filter and fan because theres a vacuum it only needs to be the size of a pin prick to draw air in id defo try and get the filter next to the fan

e2a ive seen people on here who blow thruogh the filter wouldnt do it myself though

Edited by matty970

Starters All grows will smell inside the actual tent or loft its wat air thts getting pumped out ov it u want to be fresh and clean and out into neibourhood. Plus u really need your xtractor nd filter inside the tent buddy.

Second u want to try buying an dehumidifier u can buy thm for 60-100 pound maybe cheaper second hand this may solve your humid problem

Edited by johnboy2001

Got some luggage straps and put my big ass fan inside tent connected to filter. Let's see how it goes, with my new oil heater too...