Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BigHerb

BodyBuilding

526 posts in this topic

Just got back from a quick Chest & Tri session,Hows everyone doing?

Logged my session so if anyone wants to know it just let me know :)

I'm not a body builder but I am trying to pack on some muscle to replace the flab.

I have been watching the video's on this channel - hxxp://www.youtube.com/user/sixpackshortcuts/videos?view=0

He seems to have a fair amount of good info on working out etc not sure if you had seen it or not.

If I can keep my routine going I do a work out every other day and all my exercises and reps are till fail, give myself a few mins to collect myself and then back onto the reps with a bit more speed to try and get a few more till fail. and do that 3 or 4 times throughout all my exercises, need to do some cardio though lol

How do you feel about the whole sit ups are bad for you and should be using the stomach vacuum and other stomach exercises?

I'm not a body builder but I am trying to pack on some muscle to replace the flab.

I have been watching the video's on this channel - hxxp://www.youtube.com/user/sixpackshortcuts/videos?view=0

He seems to have a fair amount of good info on working out etc not sure if you had seen it or not.

If I can keep my routine going I do a work out every other day and all my exercises and reps are till fail, give myself a few mins to collect myself and then back onto the reps with a bit more speed to try and get a few more till fail. and do that 3 or 4 times throughout all my exercises, need to do some cardio though lol

How do you feel about the whole sit ups are bad for you and should be using the stomach vacuum and other stomach exercises?

I rarely work abs to be honest,If i do its once in a blue moon lol

If i do do them its usually barbell trunk twists and weighted crunches.

Working to failure in my opinion is the key,Always see guys giving in too early when there are clearly more reps in the tank and they wonder why they still look sub standard and see minimal gains.

Gimme a sec il upload a pic from todays session

<<<<< New Avi from today

1 person likes this

lol You need a handlebar moustache and some oversized dumbbells with that outfit fella. :wassnnme:

6 people like this

lol You need a handlebar moustache and some oversized dumbbells with that outfit fella. :wassnnme:

lol Always have guys hating on my Vest haha :(

1 person likes this

hey herb! heres my little gym.. http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=205762&view=findpost&p=2965027 im not heavy in to it, im in and out as fast as i can , 3 days a week.. if i was in to building muscle as much as im in to the weed hobbie id be huge! lol amount ive read on weed compared to training is silly, ive read bugger all on whats good to do or programs so if you have a nice 3day a week plan i could use id love it!

looking good bro

Every morning,sometimes twice a day.

6 days a week,no rest day.

Currently benchin 3 plates,4 sets of 10.

100kx37 reps.

Love it...

I've been using kettle bell weights for the past few months or so and am very impressed with the results. I wasn't overweight as such, just a case of my muscle tone having disappeared as a result of a sedentary lifestyle. I do three twenty minute routines per week and haven't felt or looked better. You can but a couple from Tesco for less than £20.

1 person likes this

I've been using kettle bell weights for the past few months or so and am very impressed with the results. I wasn't overweight as such, just a case of my muscle tone having disappeared as a result of a sedentary lifestyle. I do three twenty minute routines per week and haven't felt or looked better. You can but a couple from Tesco for less than £20.

Nice one,if your feeling comfortable with 20 mins,try increasing it to 35-40 mins,lighter weight more reps.Get you heart beating,little sweat on,get the endorphines kickin in.

Nice one,if your feeling comfortable with 20 mins,try increasing it to 35-40 mins,lighter weight more reps.Get you heart beating,little sweat on,get the endorphines kickin in.

Yes mate, that's the plan! I'm using 7.5kg weights. Should I drop down to the 5kg for the 35-40 mins or should I stick with the 7.5kg?

Edited by Twisted Rizla

Its what you feel comfortable with.

Your body will tell you the next day.

Oh,just as important as your training is your diet.

Edited by Whatdayisit

Its what you feel comfortable with.

Your body will tell you the next day.

Oh,just as important as your training is your diet.

Yes, I've got the diet sorted now thanks - have dumped the crisps and biscuits and only drink booze at the weekends now. I Just need to up the weight routine which I'll start tomorrow.

Great thread. I've flitted between different martial arts, boxing, MMA and just general fitness but bodybuilding has always been at the core, the foundation. With my childcare situation I'm down to a 2 day a week regime but I nail all the big compounds.

Day 1 Deadlift, shoulder press, pullups, dips

Day 2 Benchpress, rows, squats, bicep curls

I just keep rotating this at the moment, I ride my bike to work and back over a hilly route so Im happy that I'm doing OK at the moment. I've used PHs a few times, last time was SD, really agreed with me but for me it's a once or twice a year thing, I wouldn't want to have that AAS reliant kind of lifestyle.

My main problem is controlling body fat...I can get quite lean but I do lose a fair amount of mass too, so I go back to bulking and it's gets out of control. I've sometimes ended up in that "skinny fat" zone when I've stopped training and really let myself go. I'm thinking of doing a mini cut before xmas so I dont come out the other side carrying a pumpkin on my waist lol , then I might finish my pot of SD for a new year mass gain. I know many will say why not be natural but I'm 43, I've given up on getting any decent gains naturally at my age and it's only a three week cycle then the same length of nolva.

MMA,now thats something else isnt it.

Was doin little wrestling while back,got to meny injuries,due to my condition, tappin out was difficult at times.Think wrestling is brill,oh to be 20 years younger.

At 43 your still young man,but know what you mean about weight i am same soon as stop i pile it on my tits and belly.

(but havin a big dick makes up for it}

Edited by Whatdayisit