Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BigHerb

BodyBuilding

526 posts in this topic

What shouldn't I be eating mate problem for me is I'm a fussy eater dnt do veg or fish

welcome bigherb, I have been training for nearly a year, been doing a 5x5 routine mainly compound lifts and high protein diet.

managed to get from 12 stone to nearly 14 stone at 6 foot, body fat has increased from about 15% to 20%.

gained strenghth rapidly during the first 8 months but seem to have hit a plataeu in both strength and size/weight.

can see why people turn to peds, can you give me any pointers on how to break this plateau?

You want advice on how to surpass that plateu With or without AAS?

without aas preferably but regarding that I shall pm you when you reach 50 posts, confused regards pct etc

What shouldn't I be eating mate problem for me is I'm a fussy eater dnt do veg or fish

I dont eat Veg either fcuking horrible stuff,Limit carb based foods such as bread,rice,pasta,crisps,sugary drinks etc

If you enjoy fizzy pop say 7up then have 7up zero and drink as much as you like,Literally 0kcals and it helps fill you up a lot!

Feel free to let me know if you ever want a training session :)

welcome bigherb, I have been training for nearly a year, been doing a 5x5 routine mainly compound lifts and high protein diet.

managed to get from 12 stone to nearly 14 stone at 6 foot, body fat has increased from about 15% to 20%.

gained strenghth rapidly during the first 8 months but seem to have hit a plataeu in both strength and size/weight.

can see why people turn to peds, can you give me any pointers on how to break this plateau?

You want advice on how to surpass that plateu With or without AAS?

without aas preferably but regarding that I shall pm you when you reach 50 posts, confused regards pct etc

Speak soon,PCT is a bitch though lol

Blast & Cruise >>>>> PCT

Zero = aspartame.

Aspartame = shit.

5 people like this

Zero = aspartame.

Aspartame = shit.

Well i consume a fair amount of it,Why is it 'shit'?

Would you rather excess sugary kcals or 0 kcals for bodybuilding purposes?

Why is it either or?

There are far, far better choices to make.

A 10-year study of 65-74 year olds: "the waists of those who drank diet soft drinks grew 70 percent more than those who avoided the artificially sweetened stuff."

In another study that lasted about 25 years - Fowler et al (2005) found that "On average, for each diet soft drink our participants drank per day, they were 65 percent more likely to become overweight during the next seven to eight years, and 41 percent more likely to become obese"

Don't have the study to hand but there's also stuff to suggest that artificial sweeteners can actually inhibit fat-loss. Not exactly amazing for a bodybuilder.

Yes, it's shit... and that's without even considering whether or not it has negative effects on the brain or what potential for damage high levels of aspartame metabolites (like, y'know, formaldehyde) might have.

Could it be better to, oh I dunno, just not consume so many calories?

You don't need to drink tons of soda. You need to eat and drink healthily, with enough calories to allow increase in strength (or mass if that's your way of looking at it) and not so many that you become a lard arse.

You want a drink that's zero calories, with no health risks that's AWESOME for people into strength, physique, performance or plain old fitness training?

Clue:

It's virtually free and it comes out of the tap. ;)

6 people like this

I snapped my cruiate ligament back in may, I have an operation on nov 5th! My weight has gone up from 15 stone to 16 as my exercise is limited and to be honest I'm not eating right

Use to get down the gym a fair bit and started getting a good bit of shape! My biggest problem was on a Monday I would start with say chest and tricep and be flat out, Tuesday be fine but then as the week went on I would get more and more tired and miss the Thursday and Friday session

Seriously need to get my weight down after the op, I'm 6ft by the way

T

Just a reminder of our rules

Free advertising, private trading, equipment/seed swapping or the exchanging of personal details on its message boards or Via its Personal Messaging system. Any member found doing so will be banned!

Owd

Jesus B'herb you're going to be like Mr.Motivator of 420 !

Fair play keeping fit and healthy . I never lifted weights but was on a protein diet playing underage rugby . Ate loads and still looked like a streak of piss !

Why is it either or?

A 10-year study of 65-74 year olds: "the waists of those who drank diet soft drinks grew 70 percent more than those who avoided the artificially sweetened stuff."

In another study that lasted about 25 years - Fowler et al (2005) found that "On average, for each diet soft drink our participants drank per day, they were 65 percent more likely to become overweight during the next seven to eight years, and 41 percent more likely to become obese"

Don't have the study to hand but there's also stuff to suggest that artificial sweeteners can actually inhibit fat-loss. Not exactly amazing for a bodybuilder.

Yes, it's shit... and that's without even considering whether or not it has negative effects on the brain or what potential for damage high levels of aspartame metabolites (like, y'know, formaldehyde) might have.

You don't need to drink tons of soda. You need to eat and drink healthily, with enough calories to allow increase in strength (or mass if that's your way of looking at it) and not so many that you become a lard arse.

You want a drink that's zero calories, with no health risks that's AWESOME for people into strength, physique, performance or plain old fitness training?

Clue:

Top post mate couldn't have said it better. No added sugar means added sweetener.

I eat well (no fast food) plenty of fruit, veg, juice a lot of leafy greens and drink loads of water, I'm healthy and fit and have a high endurance which can stand up with the best of them in harsh environments.

With losing weigh its simple, more cals out then in if being slims your thing :).

sensi

Why is it either or?

Clue:

I completely understand where you are coming from,But if i am dieting down for example 28 days on sub maintenance kcals and drinking 'sugar free' pop which helps bloat me to reduce my appetite then i personally see no harm?I have also never seen a slow down in fat loss from drinking it?

Water should be a staple in anyones diet,That goes without a doubt :)

I snapped my cruiate ligament back in may, I have an operation on nov 5th! My weight has gone up from 15 stone to 16 as my exercise is limited and to be honest I'm not eating right

Use to get down the gym a fair bit and started getting a good bit of shape! My biggest problem was on a Monday I would start with say chest and tricep and be flat out, Tuesday be fine but then as the week went on I would get more and more tired and miss the Thursday and Friday session

Seriously need to get my weight down after the op, I'm 6ft by the way

T

Have you tried any PreWorkout products or Stims to help with motivation in the gym? :)

Never tried them mate, a gym mate of mine uses them, he's like an ant on crack lol

I see your day by day break down, can you give a few typical excersises you do on those particular days?

Cheers

T, x

Never tried them mate, a gym mate of mine uses them, he's like an ant on crack lol

I see your day by day break down, can you give a few typical excersises you do on those particular days?

Cheers

T, x

Chest -

Incline Dbell press

Decline Dbell press

Incline Flyes

Triceps -

Straight bar pushdown

EZ Skull crusher immediately followed by Close grip bench

I usually do one warm up set followed by 2-3 sets to all out failure,On tricep excersises i never lock out i always aim to keep the tension on the muscle i am training.See a lot of guys doing pushdowns and bringing it back up too high or locking out at the bottom.

And that is literally all you need for your Chest & Tri session,Always see pencil necks spouting how you need to do so many excerises and sets yet they still look shit?

Finding out what works for you specifically is the most important thing,Mix your sessions up now and then keep things fresh and most importantly enjoy your workout !

2 people like this