Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BigHerb

BodyBuilding

526 posts in this topic

Any of you guys into training too?

1 person likes this

Welcome to uk420 mate! :skin_up:

Edited by Owderb
off topic material removed

I work out on the home gym, then smoke one to relax..love the combo.

Love to lift and love the pump but im not exactly arnold schwarzenegger..

used to bodybuild 10 yrs ago or so, now just situps, squats and pressups.... :shuriken:

Im a natural body builder but do to other sport commitments (and old age) I am on a two day a week split which seems to work well for me.

Used to love training! Got to a 155kg deadlift at 73kg bodyweight. Don't think my body could take it any more :(

Not training as such, but do like to keep fit when i ant got a bifta in mi hand! he he he nelly :guitar:

Is this you herb in the avatar?

I like exercise.

Tried "bulking up" in my teens & stopped on account of getting massive & losing some fine control of my movements eg table tennis.

Edited by b.wild

Wouldnt say I'm a bodybuilder but I do like to work out as much as I can. It makes you feel good being fit and finishing a workout.

been like a yo yo for the past couple of years due to illness. Train like a bastard when I'm on the ball and full of energy. Don't get too big but generally put on about 20-25 pounds. Working out makes me feel better. Then, when I've been on a bit of a downer and lacking the energy I lose it all because I cant train or eat enough, plus the treatment I'm receiving seems to make weight fall off too. I'm now about 2 stone lighter than I was around June. Current treatment ends November and I'm looking forward to hitting the road and the weights. It's a fucking nightmare man but I do enjoy the gains you get in this situation. When I start working out again the muscle flys on quickly. When you've been working out for a while the increase slows down as your body adapts whereas I'm permanantly in the "newbie gains" bit, That and the muscle memory thing and I'll be putting on about 3 pound a week without working too hard- like some sort of yo yo dieter.

Edited by solarchild

Is this you herb in the avatar?

Yep thats me fully carbed up after an awesome cheat day.

I started training because i was Obese and in horrid shape,Decided one day something needed to be done.I have lots of before and afters if anyone is interested.

1 person likes this

Wouldnt say I'm a bodybuilder but I do like to work out as much as I can. It makes you feel good being fit and finishing a workout.

been like a yo yo for the past couple of years due to illness. Train like a bastard when I'm on the ball and full of energy. Don't get too big but generally put on about 20-25 pounds. Working out makes me feel better. Then, when I've been on a bit of a downer and lacking the energy I lose it all because I cant train or eat enough, plus the treatment I'm receiving seems to make weight fall off too. I'm now about 2 stone lighter than I was around June. Current treatment ends November and I'm looking forward to hitting the road and the weights. It's a fucking nightmare man but I do enjoy the gains you get in this situation. When I start working out again the muscle flys on quickly. When you've been working out for a while the increase slows down as your body adapts whereas I'm permanantly in the "newbie gains" bit, That and the muscle memory thing and I'll be putting on about 3 pound a week without working too hard- like some sort of yo yo dieter.

Muscle memory truly is a wonder,As soon as i start dieting i go flat and although more vascular and leaner the actual muscles are depleted and flat,As soon as i start bulking again it looks as if i am a good 2 stone heavier just from being fuller again.

If ever i can help with anything regarding diet/training etc just let me know :skin_up:

2 people like this

the way things are at the moment I can do the most basic workout and it works fine. when I was younger and healthier, playing rugby three times a week and training like buggery I had to get a bit more exotic to get results. Now, as I' nowhere near getting to the stage of plateauing a basic workout at home works fine. The last time I bulked up I had bad joint pain and had to make up a workout method to suit. I ended up using resistance bands from Lidl and a chin up bar. Worked great, although it certainly wouldn't have if I'd carried on longer. When you start you can pretty much do anything at all and it works as long as you get stuck in. I'm hoping for a bit of a healthier time of it next year and will probably have to go for a bit more of a disciplined approach once I get past the first few months. Will certainly swap some training tips with you man, you look like you know your stuff.

I do a bit of training , not bodybuilding though , I don't need all that extra muscle when I'm trying to go fast on a bike , just need to lose fat

i do a bit of everything to keep fit,like the shape of a slim body which aint mine,off now for a hour of indoor cycling love it...