Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Owderb

The All Important Environment

70 posts in this topic

Might go with one of them myself not yet replaced the ecotechnics its currently just controlling the heating.Like you say would be better to monitor the root ball than ambient coz it would be lower than ambient.

1 person likes this

the way i see it, by burying the probe and letting it work towards the magic 20ºC, it will then keep an ambient a few degrees higher.

1 person likes this

A shame Owderb wont share his opinion...

Agreed.On the previous post .

Edited by ickiwoo

I'd put the probe half way up a pot and concentrate more on the lower down temps than the canopy temps seeing as the root temp is more important

If you use an in pot probe then fine

Owd

2 people like this

Good man. May the Waves of good fortune always splash against your shore. :yinyang:

:)

3 people like this

Are we talking about putting the fan controller probe here,thought that was the question...

Yes Icki, I'm going to put the SMS probe at pot level, then get a Root It! one for the underblankets. :yinyang:

Edited by Budelaire

I would have though the sms would have been better at the top of canopy,umh got me thinking now....

They can take high and low temps, native to half way up a mountain etc. as long as your bulb ain't to close they will be ok.

We need to work on media temps, which is what's stable in nature.

Thanks for taking time to confirm Owderb.

Edited by Budelaire

Ok didnt think of it like that,yeah.

1 person likes this

Heated underblankets?

Where from, please? Could use some of them up here in our frozen wastelands of Yorkshire.

Donovan rocks, man! Jennifer, Juniper..... la la la.... <Ooops, sorry, went off on one then>

1 person likes this

Heated underblankets?

Where from, please? Could use some of them up here in our frozen wastelands of Yorkshire.

Donovan rocks, man! Jennifer, Juniper..... la la la.... <Ooops, sorry, went off on one then>

Been lookin at those bio green? mats they got on t'web. Come in a wide range of sizes and power, look the dogs if ya ask me. Def needed out ere in Yorkshire at the mo, tis bloody freezing! Been out there since four this mornin delivering door to door for a mate and its brass monkeys like!

this is something ive been looking into recently, some really helpful information here. Theres cheap probe thermostats on fleebay for about £18 which i was looking at to control my beardies viv but thought they would do for some underpot heating they can take 10a which i think is enough

Been lookin at those bio green? mats they got on t'web. Come in a wide range of sizes and power, look the dogs if ya ask me. Def needed out ere in Yorkshire at the mo, tis bloody freezing! Been out there since four this mornin delivering door to door for a mate and its brass monkeys like!

Tha's reet enuff there chap. Still wearin' mi thermal Long-Johns.

Bah!!!

:)

Bio-green mats, huh? Where's mi Google......

Ta.