Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Glasto

Best Outdoor AUTO Strains for the UK

21 posts in this topic

Im sure loads of people want to know what Autos worked best this summer outdoor in the UK. Especially as we've had a wet one so it would be good to get a list & review of strains that were good and bad this year........and past years :smokin:

Ive done a few this year, fast and slow finishers so i thought id start a post asking the other UK outdoor auto fans of their experiences, good or bad :)

So if you have any info on any previous or current Auto outdoor grows please post.

If you have a diary then please post a link.

Pics would be most welcome.

Please can we keep this to AUTOS ONLY tho as yossman has an amazing thread on UK Outdoor strains which made me want to start this one (Nice 1 yossman) , i dont want to try and hijack his post but we will start it kinda his way :) If you have a UK outdoor NON AUTO review please post it hereYossman

Strain/Breeder:

Harvest time from seed:

Latitude of grow:

Guerrilla/Garden/Greenhouse:

Final size:

Yeild :

Potency :

Type of soil & ferts:

Comments:

Ill get the ball rolling :skin_up:

Strain/Breeder: Auto Skunk Mass/Advanced Seeds

Harvest time from seed: 10 wks aprx

Latitude of grow: 51

Guerrilla/Garden/Greenhouse: Garden

Final size: 1m

Yeild : 24g pp

Potency :6.5/10....sweet and fruity, very smooth smoke

Type of soil & ferts: 10L pots , canna soil & bio biz nutes

Comments: Good quick auto, nice quality, some turned purple and tasted more like berries, not a huge yeilder but great for a quick stealth grow. Best started in final pot. Will grow again just for the taste.

gallery_75160_4992_52400.jpg

gallery_75160_4992_2412.jpg

Thanks & Peace..... Glasto :yinyang:

Edited by Glastoterra
1 person likes this

my local seedvendor had some Greenhouse seeds

Just to be able to have a smoke end of august i bought some auto fem Northern lights.

They performed uniform , tastewise and growths/flowerwise.

If this would be the standard quality of Greenhouse seeds , I am not displeased..

It is their first product i ever bought from them.

The plants..

Grown on 3.4 litre pots ewith Biobizz Lightmix, and Biobizz Grow+ Bloom

Yielded about 7 ish grams a plant.

Nice slightly leafy , yet very resinous bud.

Hints of blueberry flavour, comfortable buzz, slightly couchlock.

Easy to grow, sowmn end of may, vegged for 2 weeks @ windowsill , then placed outdoors,

Harvested two weeks ago.

like a migic trick , the bud has already evaporated into thick air

Edited by Psycho-tik
1 person likes this

Why have a separate thread from the sticky?

Why have a separate thread from the sticky?

As there are hundreds (mainly non autos) to search through.....Its an amazing thread, best ive read on here, i spent the past few days looking at it. :skin_up:

I thought if we had another place for just autos only it would save time searching and confusion for newbies like myself, like i said im not trying to hijack the original outdoor thread, if its a problem for anyone ill kindly remove it.

I just want to spread the knowlage we all gain.

Peace Glasto :yinyang:

8 people like this

my local seedvendor had some Greenhouse seeds

Just to be able to have a smoke end of august i bought some auto fem Northern lights.

They performed uniform , tastewise and growths/flowerwise.

If this would be the standard quality of Greenhouse seeds , I am not displeased..

It is their first product i ever bought from them.

The plants..

Grown on 3.4 litre pots ewith Biobizz Lightmix, and Biobizz Grow+ Bloom

Yielded about 7 ish grams a plant.

Nice slightly leafy , yet very resinous bud.

Hints of blueberry flavour, comfortable buzz, slightly couchlock.

Easy to grow, sowmn end of may, vegged for 2 weeks @ windowsill , then placed outdoors,

Harvested two weeks ago.

like a migic trick , the bud has already evaporated into thick air

Sweet :bong:

Double up the amount you put out next year and it will last you until september at least !!!

Peace Glasto

i will try and guerilla grow a bunch of em next year.

Hieghwise: they are perfect

smokewise: near excellent

pricewise: worth the buck : but shouldnt be more expensive!

greenhouse autofem Northernlights all the way!

Going back a good few years now i grew some of the orignal lowryders by the joint doctor, had a pack of 10

6 turned out to be female and 4 were males, planted straight into the ground on a cliff of about 15ft above

a river. Best plant yielded 21 grams and the runt out of the six yielded 7grams and the other 4 lowryders

yielded around 10-18grams. it wasnt in the best of places as only got sun for a couple of hours due to natural

growth and trees blocking plants and no feed being given.

In total got around 4oz's of ok bud, probaly would of scored it at around 5.5/10, this was a good few years

ago and autos have got a lot better since the original lowryders.

Going back a good few years now i grew some of the orignal lowryders by the joint doctor, had a pack of 10

6 turned out to be female and 4 were males, planted straight into the ground on a cliff of about 15ft above

a river. Best plant yielded 21 grams and the runt out of the six yielded 7grams and the other 4 lowryders

yielded around 10-18grams. it wasnt in the best of places as only got sun for a couple of hours due to natural

growth and trees blocking plants and no feed being given.

In total got around 4oz's of ok bud, probaly would of scored it at around 5.5/10, this was a good few years

ago and autos have got a lot better since the original lowryders.

I got a mate who did the same but on a larger scale a few years ago, his all went to mush and he didn't harvest a thing.

BB

Edited by bud_boi
1 person likes this

just sampled some 8 days ago harvested Easyrider from a friend.

Although overferted( cow dung) the plants arent burnt , just stretched buds with thick stems and too much foliage.

The flavour is earthy/coffee , typical afghan smell.

Nice resinous touch , and most likely an excellent addition to an easy early crop.

Good for hasmaking.

(When making hash I try to find a mix of several strains: a bulk resin, usually not so awesome smell to it , and a resinous indica to give it that bit of couchlock.This Easyrider is most likely to be my indica component in hash for years to come).

Strain/Breeder: Sweet Seeds - Cream Caramel

Harvest time from seed: 9 weeks odd, but chopped early and didn't fill out properly

Latitude of grow: 52

Guerrilla/Garden/Greenhouse: Green plastic tent thingy

Final size: 24"

Yeild : 1oz

Potency : 7/10

Type of soil & ferts: soil supreme / OT organics & bio silicon

Comments:

What can I say. Grew OUTSTANDINGLY until the dreaded bud rot and had to cut two cream caramel and a sweet cheese early (1-2 weeks av.) I had overall about 1.5 OZ of MEGA frosty bud, but they certainly didn't fill out properly, should have tripled that at least :(

I planted these out in July and chopped in September.

What I've learned from this: I live by the sea. RH is ALWAYS high, but this summer took the biscuit in terms of wet weather. It has really put me off trying anything outdoors again unless I had a proper greenhouse and RH could be controlled somewhat, otherwise I reckon I'll be pissing into the wind. Next project will be an outdoor workshop, with built in grow room... I'm going back under lights as soon as I can afford it, however this was a worthwhile adventure, what I did get after cutting out all the mould is honkin! Really smells delicious and smokes well.

My only advice I can offer would be to be careful with the bio silicon, autos are small, I wouldn't use it again on any autos in flower and also not if the rootball was not filling the pot, as I can only assume it would be held in suspension somewhat. In future I will also pot up any autos I grow. I went straight into 11L pots and the root balls were shite, even though the plants were big and strong. 6.5L or so would be ample for an auto IMO to get a nice rootball that fills the pot. If you don't fill the pot (or anywhere near) then watering & feeding is a right twat and you don't want sour compost. Waiting for large pots to dry enough was a pain in the arse and did not make for a suitable feeding regime IMHO.

Will definitely be growing sweet seeds again however, very, very impressed with the autos overall, the smell of all plants was divine, taste is great, vigour excellent... well done sweet seeds, great strains :guitar:

1 person likes this

feck, deleted double post :wallbash:

Edited by Greenthumb_420

I like the sounds of those Sweet Seeds, divine smelling and great tasting :)

Strain/Breeder: afgan kush ryder world of seeds nlxbb autos world of seeds.

Harvest time from seed: planted out begining of june harvast end of aug.

Latitude of grow: 50l

Guerrilla/Garden/Greenhouse: guerrilla.

Final size: finshed about 1m 1.2m

Yeild : About 10 12g a plant

Potency : 7/8 out of 10

Type of soil & ferts: Put in holes dug with fbb,chicken shit and left till done..

Comments: Well i did some autos a good few years back in a self made green house and told myself never again but over the last few years theres been so much hype from breeders that theyve perfected them (bigger yeiding and more potant) thought id give em another go but still was abit dissapointed , I lost a good few to the shit weather and snails and the ones i did harvast didnt yeild a great amount, had to harvast early due to mold, autos thrive for mold for some reason,so for the effort it took i think i would rather fill them holes with normal strains and not waste my time and money on them and they are well over priced.. but any way few pics....

gallery_35650_4478_113454.jpg

gallery_35650_4478_205725.jpg

gallery_35650_4478_173276.jpg

gallery_35650_4478_92913.jpg

.....PANIK.....

1 person likes this

Strain/Breeder: Bcn Diesel automatica

Harvest time from seed: Planted end of may harvest end sept

Latitude of grow: 51

Guerrilla/Garden/Greenhouse: Garden then moved to GH for last 3 weeks.

Final size: 4ft and a bit

Yeild : average 60-75g pp (bone dry)

Potency : 5/10

Type of soil & ferts: canna soil & bio biz

Comments: Not a 100% auto but more of a semi, good size and great yield but i did not like the smoke, to weak and lacked flavour. Suffered a bit of mould towards the end.

gallery_75160_4992_58500.jpg

gallery_75160_4992_30079.jpg

gallery_75160_4992_64559.jpg

:yinyang: