Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aefray

oil for my Gran

874 posts in this topic

Hi guys, my Nan has been diagnosed with cancer of the kidney and although her consultant is happy for her to be prescribed Sativex her GP is unable to because it is only on trial for cancers at the moment and it seems is only available to those who suffer with MS. Though we will be trying through her consultant to get her on the trial.

I'm about 3 months away from my 1st harvest I don't know if I will end up with 1lb of bud and I wasn't totally aware of the medical strains when I bought my 1st lot of seeds so the strains I got are not necessarily right, they are talking about removing the affected kidney but the anaesthetic alone could kill her, she is 91 and suffering with loss of appetite or sickness if she does try to eat, she is losing blood as well and the combination means she is becoming anaemic.

Edited by distracted
3 people like this

Hi mate, very sorry to here about your gran but I'm sorry to say that we can't have threads posted up looking for supply, I have edited out the crux but I'll leave it live, as there are people on here that can help with advice on what to do with your harvest etc and maybe offer some advice as they may have walked the same path as you and your family are... all the very best and I hope your nan improves :yep:

2 people like this

Ah ok mate, thank you, I did know about that but I forgot because what I posted took my mind away from the rules. Thanks for the edit.

I take it you've discussed it at length with your Gran and watched 'Run from the Cure' together and she 100% wants to try a full course of the oil?

8 people like this

suffering with loss of appetite or sickness if she does try to eat

Sorry to hear your Nan is so poorly.I don't know what to suggest other than maybe try to deal with her appetite loss and nausea inititally by getting some Canna into her somehow.But that would mean seeking out a dealer so huge ammounts of trust involved regarding how it was grown.I hope someone here can offer you better advice and some hope. :yinyang:

Gumbo.

Must learn to refresh before I post.DANZIG is the man for the best advice Aefray.Good luck.

Edited by Gumbo
2 people like this

Sending your nan some healing thoughts brother

Thanks guys we appreciate it,

We have talked to Nan about it and she has agreed 100% to take a full course of the oil, one way or another she will get the medicine she needs, I have some contacts who may be able to help, we are continuing to try the "legal" way and I'll sort something edible for her so at least she will get some cannabis into her system whilst waiting to find out what options are available.

2 people like this

Good luck, I really hope you get some good results.

I tried to post to you but your pms must be off or you are too new a member - if you want advice get back to me with an address I can message you at or turn you pms on.

bongy

he needs 50 posts before he can send or recieve messages bro

1 person likes this

oh, I have not been on the site for yrs - lucky I had 51 when I posted. just passed by and though I could poss. help...in a manner.

I tried to post to you but your pms must be off or you are too new a member - if you want advice get back to me with an address I can message you at or turn you pms on.

bongy

Hiya m8, you can contact me at (removed e-mail address), I do appreciate any advice that can help me with this.

Edited by distracted
removed personal details...

Hi peeps :D

Just thought i would update you on what happening with my Nan, I made some butter last weekend and these are the results.

At start we must have given her a bit too much because she slept like a log all day :thumsup: from then onwards she started to lose the nausea and pain. She hasn't been eating or sleeping well since Christmas and has been in constant pain. She reports that she hasn't been feeling so well in a long time. She has now started to regain her appetite.

We have been in contact with our Primary Care Trust and they are recommending that she is prescribed Sativex, because they have to approve it officially we have to wait till sometime in September when the panel sits. We will be carrying on with the cannabutter regardless. I'll post any developments on here to keep you up to date. :smokin:

11 people like this

Hi dude :thumsup: every little positive counts.Keep up the good work.

Good luck to you and your nan OaD :smokin:

Well done, Aefray. Cannabutter is a good start I reckon until you can make your own oil. I would personally make the oil and substitute along with the Sativex, as they will be subscribing the Sativex to aid her pain / sleeping etc, but that will not be enough cannabinoids to reverse / cure the problem, I doubt.

Good luck with it all man. :yinyang:

2 people like this