Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Plan C

how to make a rose wood pipe

65 posts in this topic

Nice pipe mate, bet that took some time to burn through

Here`s one i made from a bit of beech i had left over from some worktop, i cheated with the drill and jigsaw but carved the rest by hand, it`s fucking hard lol

gallery_43394_4425_41983.jpg

gallery_43394_4425_8022.jpg

gallery_43394_4425_21041.jpg

gallery_43394_4425_43946.jpg

17 people like this

Hey Pb yes i have worked with a block before, its a lovely experience. yea rubba i been seasoning the wood for a good year. i have made them straight from the tree but it split the wood. what a wonderful pipe ratdog wonderful outcome for your endeavor

Edited by Plan C
1 person likes this

Nice one. Looks like fun. Ratdog that pipe looks very professional. Nice work.

1 person likes this

Perfect excuse for wandering around with some loppers/bramble cutters

1 person likes this

Top marks Ratdog, that looks wonderful and also looks like a lotta hard work too! :)

Ill send you a piccy of them blocks of wood Plan C... then let me know ? They been sat for over 3 to 4 years so, I reckon they're seasoned well too :)

3 people like this

First cannabis plant I ever grew, cropped right at base of stem which was solid about 1cm of the way and hollow stem the rest, picked a hole out with a penknife and scraped off the bark, need to cut the gauze to size because the hole is only at one side but still gives a nice hit.

med_gallery_57049_5698_43093.jpg

12 people like this

Here's the one I made :D It's made from apple wood, and smokes lovely. In fact I just smoked a bowl of SweetSkunk auto in it :guitar:

gallery_73205_4905_65118.jpg

Thanks for the inspiration dude.

Atb IT

10 people like this

All this hidden talent, eh??? :) How can you fail to be inspired??? :yep:

4 people like this

think ill try my hands at a pipe, cheers for the inspirationd guys!

1 person likes this

i love wood. i make loads of wood things. i always thought wood pipes were bad news (no idea why)

does the wood not burn too? surely that's not good to inhale?

i know i am missing something here :headpain:

wood pipes good?

edit... great pipes folks. that weed stem one is a cracker :D

Ratdog that is a nice bit of crafting :yep:

Edited by MED
1 person likes this

does the wood not burn too? surely that's not good to inhale?

As long as the wood isn`t treated with nasties it`s fine, it doesn`t burn because you only light the weed for a second or two, pipes have been made from wood for aeons mate

4 people like this

As long as the wood isn`t treated with nasties it`s fine, it doesn`t burn because you only light the weed for a second or two, pipes have been made from wood for aeons mate

That makes sense. Thanks dude. i've got fuck loads of sweet exotic woods :D

no workshop at the moment tho. feel like i am missing a limb without one.

a little whittling for me today. hope i can find that 14 inch drill bit i have somewhere. i dont have any metal coat hangers or the patience for that lol

1 person likes this

My dad was a pipe smoker (baccy) and when he got a new pipe he would always start off with a small wad of baccy in the bottom. Gradually incresed the fill over a few days or so. This built a layer of charcoal inside the bowl which stops the taste of the wood masking the tobacco flavour. A good way to 'season' a pipe is with a small blow torch. Scorch rhe wood inside the bowl to start the charcoal process off which will thicken gradually as the pipe is used.

If you are using a screen, the top edge of the hole is all that need seasoning.

Hope this helps

Bio.

PS, some cracking pipes on here - certainly inspiring. :yep:

Edited by Biokid
4 people like this

there are some woods you cant use....Yew for one and Alder know what your using folks....rose wood was traditionally always used. fruit trees are great aswell

1 person likes this

i have rosewood. oak. spruce. birch. Black palmera. ebony. mahogany. western red cedar.

not many big bits i don't need for other things :( i don't think gluing bits together is an option when smoking is involved.