Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Wizard_Ovanoz

~ A WARNING ABOUT NUTES ~

30 posts in this topic

PH down is very corrosive stuff.. if you dont wash it off straight away it will start burning skin fast.... red blisters to follow...

pH down lives in the garage take a two litre bottle filled with tap water to garage put 25mL of pH down into the 2L, you now have a mild enough pH solution to use inside, and it's easier to use.

1 person likes this

get some barrier cream or foam for when ya got ya nutes out.

It's good shit I've used it loads. When they brought it out on tomorrows world they were submerging their hands in acid to show how good it was.

Used to love tomorrows world me. :D

1 person likes this

Touch wood, I have never had anything like that when mixing nutes & I always give them a good stir with my hand.

Ph down itches like fook but I have had Ph up actually burn the skin off one of my hands, hence the reason for not using anymore.

Hope those hands are better bud. :yep:

H2

Well done for that post Wizard!

I hope you are ok now. Because of those pics, I realised I was getting exactly the same in a milder way. Brilliant heads-up.

Cheers! :yinyang:

I started waring disposable gloves when I had anything to do with nutes, canna coco btw, and ph down acid.

there's your culprit mate, always wear gloves with that shit

glad you got it sorted, looks painful :ouch:

This is so far from funny, it reminds me of the news story about the toddler who died.

Please everyone who needs these chemicals;

Label them carefully (so that there is no mistaking what is inside, especially for an inquisitive child).

And Store them safely and properly.

Peace.

:smokin:

3 people like this

Bought some liquid oxygen and ph- a few years back and the lid on them was both damaged , got some on my hands and fingernails putting it in the car and couple mins later while driveing it started burning like buggery and hand swelled up just like yours , both my thumb and index finger nails both went funny aswell.

1 person likes this

Cheers for all your input :wink:

Just like to say my hands are free from all symptoms now, thank fuck!

The gloves have been doing a great job.

Someone said my hands must be sensitive, I don't think so.

I think its just the amount of time I've been using these nutes etc and putting my hands in the run off too sponge it out.

My hands couldn't take any more and thats when they flaired right up!

Cheers for all ya cool words guys,

Wizard_Ovanoz...........

1 person likes this

How the hell could you type with hands like that? Glad you got it sorted mate and some sound advice!!!

Reminds me of when a shithouse uncle gave me and my cuz some nitromorse to wash our hands after painting his shed,the cunt!

Barrier cream can be good stuff but if your submerging your hands wear gloves mate

Onwards n upwards

Salty

:pugwash:

looks very sore m8 and a good bit of advice as if this shite went in your eye it would blind you possably, gloves and goggles might not look great but worth the hastle.glade you got this out there m8.

Phospheric acid in PH down melted the veneer on my kitchen worktop! :doh:

I wouldnt want to get any in my eyes thats for sure :headpain:

And I would want it in my lungs even less. If thats what it does to your skin, what is it doing to your lungs? So glad I started using organic nutes years ago. And Id advise everyone to do the same. Take care guys, reds.

e2a Spelling!?!

Edited by reds

Glad you found the culprit! Phosphoric and nitric acids are dangerous chemicals especially in highly concentrated forms but they even oxidize skin rapidly in diluted forms. The warning labels all tell the right story and we should never have our skin in contact with any of these chemicals, not even diluted. It could have been worse though, something such as this can happen quite quickly, too, with these acids:

Hand_Burn_1.jpg

I would recommend wearing gloves during any kind of work in the growroom, touching the plants as well as working with any kind of chemical. It's good for us humans as well as for the plants and makes for a more sterile grow environment. I like rubber gloves, any kind of powder free latex or silicone gloves will do the trick. Makes you feel like a surgin, too, when working in the grow room :smokin:

Edited by distracted

Your not alone! Sort of...

I had a very similar issue... With my FEET!

I kept getting really itchy feet, this isnt nice... But during the night one night it was so bad the heel of my foot literally scrubbed a 1 inch layer of skin off my foot.

I couldn't figure out what it was... Eventually after a lot of thinking I thought it could be my nute reservoir, as whenever I entered my room, I did so with bare feet. And I had four airstones in my res, which when I stood next to the res I noticed when the bubbles hit the surface, they sometimes popped and small micro amounts of nutrient would hit... my feet!

So I decided to always wear socks when entering my grow room, and now I no longer have itchy feet!

What's a bit odd is it does not happen to my hands at all, and i've had my hands in and out of that res loads of times.

So same issue, different part of the body!

I was using Canna Aqua Veg/Bloom and all other associated canna nutes.