Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Wizard_Ovanoz

~ A WARNING ABOUT NUTES ~

30 posts in this topic

I thought I'd post this just encase any of you have had problems with very itchy fingers and hands.

For a couple of years now I've had a problem with my hands getting really itchy, so bad you will scratch them till they blister, bleed or swell up really bad.

After a good few visits to the Doctor and trying all sorts of creams, antihistamine tablets etc they weren't getting any better at all, worse infact :wallbash:

Then about 6 months after getting to the stage of wanting my hands cut off, I thought could it be when I'm mixing nutes removing run of with my bare hands.

Thank God I hit the nail on the head :yep:

I started waring disposable gloves when I had anything to do with nutes, canna coco btw, and ph down acid.

With in a week my hands were back to normal which was such a relief, I couldn't even sleep at night with it, felt like my hands were on fire!

I'm not 100% sure whether it was the nutes, the phosphoric acid or both together but it was one of the 3 options.

Here's a few pics....

You can see how red they were.

gallery_69078_4797_274257.jpg

And swollen

gallery_69078_4797_164980.jpg

It really did feel like my skin was melting, very sore indeed..

gallery_69078_4797_122524.jpg

gallery_69078_4797_28467.jpg

The right hand got worse as it started spreading up my arm, just cant stop scratching which is the worst thing as it makes it spread.

gallery_69078_4797_185208.jpg

You can see ware the skin bubbled up, sore as fuck man!

gallery_69078_4797_154680.jpg

I really hope this can help someone as I would of swopped my hands for 2 broken legs any day.

All I can say is keep your hands cover if your using chem nutes.

TC,

Wizard_Ovanoz.......:magic:

8 people like this

Fuck me mate that looks sore :headpain: glad you found the cause and are on top of things, nice tip for fellow growers :yinyang:

1 person likes this

Mate your hand looks raw, glad you got it sorted :smokin:

Fuck me mate that looks sore :headpain: glad you found the cause and are on top of things, nice tip for fellow growers :yinyang:

Oh man, it was a nightmare!

I though it was to do with my blood or something, I drink far too much and thought it was that.

Gave the drink up for a couple of weeks, made no difference.

My diet has been the same for 30 years so it wasn't that, really was doing my head in.

Then I though what have I changed in the last few years and the only thing was growing in Compost and moved to Coco lol

All I know is I'm so happy knowing what it was now.

Atb Sawney Bean and keep um covered :wink:

1 person likes this

Mate your hand looks raw, glad you got it sorted :smokin:

At times they were mate, most uncomfortable thing I've ever had.

And not knowing what was coursing it was a nightmare.

If just one person See's this with itchy hands I'll be happy :wink:

Cheers Archi :yep:

Its good you worked out what was causing it, just remember to keep using the gloves.

A friend of mine comes out in rashes when he touches plants, dried buds and leaf dont affect him though, they use Canna Coco too...

Edited by KingBlueRizla

Phospheric acid in PH down melted the veneer on my kitchen worktop! :doh:

I wouldnt want to get any in my eyes thats for sure :headpain:

Its good you worked out what was causing it, just remember to keep using the gloves.

A friend of mine comes out in rashes when he touches plants, dried buds and leaf dont affect him though, they use Canna Coco too...

Well thats interesting that he uses Canna also.

I would of paid a packet to work out what it was, you can't even sleep, feals like your hands are on fire.

Would have to get up a good few times threw the night to hold them under the cold tap and even on the inside of my freezer.

Gloves every time now :wink:

Tc KingBlueRizla :yep:

1 person likes this

Phospheric acid in PH down melted the veneer on my kitchen worktop! :doh:

I wouldnt want to get any in my eyes thats for sure :headpain:

You know that dempton mate!

Know a few peeps who's eyes I'd like to pore it in though lol

Take care Bud :wink:

Glad you've sorted it I've never seen anyone get a response quite like that. I know when I've gotten myself exposed to nutes and buffers. The skin under my finger tips gets crusty and dry. :bag:

I'm prone to dermatitis myself.

You do have to be careful with some chemicals. Careful not to get any in your food too, if you mix your nutes in the kitchen.

Had much the same reaction meself,mate,though minimally as i used a pipette for ph down when using a res.tank.

I know the ph up and down should be stored separately cause of the reaction between the two can be bomb like!!!!

Just shows eh how an indoor hobby can be dangerous!

Glad you`ve sorted it mate,be lucky and stay safe eh!?........................B

With a title like that i had to read, glad i did. Feel for you man, that looks sore as heck!

I use hydro nutes and pure phos acid, sometimes i get some splatter which burns a little so i wipe it off and its all fine, but there is still a residue which if you scratch your eye or go to the loo you may feel it again... likewise would a pet! My two cats have blisters on their tongues and One's nose is not good, after a visit to the vets the feeling is they got into something nasty ... i'm very careful with mixed batches and lids on containers and storage resevoir but i can't rule out that i couldn't have caused it, by stroking them, then them grooming the residue into their mouths; rather than someone elses open shed which they explored. Guilt doesn't even begin to describe.

So my routine now is the trendy eye wear for the stray splash i often catch when pippeting, and a thorough hand wash and rinse before touching anything else.

Cats on the mend, vet bill yet to come :russian:

ATB

Snice

2 people like this

I kept getting really sore dry eyes and worked out it was when i leaned over to get my ec and ph readings the air stone in my tank was spitting tiny parts of the nutrients into the air so i moved it to the other end of the tank and always switch off before checking.

1 person likes this

looked like cellulitis to me. did the dr ever suggest that?