Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sawney Bean

Blocked stoma

46 posts in this topic

Well peeps, just got home last night after a stay in hospital :(

I've had my bowel removed a few years ago and now have an ileostomy, for those that don't know what that is because my bowel has been removed all my :soap: now comes out from a 'stoma' on my belly and into a bag. Well turns out my stoma got blocked due to what was left of my bowel being twisted.

The pain was unbelievable, was on morphine for most of my stay which helped but I was worried they wanted to operate. Luckily it didn't come to that and things ironed themselves out and my stoma started functioning properly. Well when I got home yesterday I'm still in a fair bit of pain and was dying for a smoke to relieve the tensions but I had no buds left. One of my mates was round and said he can get fairly clean pollen to which I said I'd rather have nothing than smoke the contaminants found in most solids, don't worry he said I'll sort you out, he winked and buggered off.

Upon my mates return hours later he took out a folded piece of white plastic sheeting within which was a tiny amount of tasty looking honey oil. Where did you get that I asked as my eyes lit up! Well what he said he did was grind up a quarter of this pollen he was on about and ran it through some butane and was left with enough oil for a few single tokes :yahoo:

Boy what relief that brought to me, my insides seemed to feel soooo relaxed after the first rip and I got a brilliant nights sleep. Had a blast of the tiny drop remaining this morning and it's set me up for the day. I never realised you would be able to do this with solids and my mate wouldn't even let me give him any coin for it which I thought was very kind of him. After all the troubles I've had lately my faith has been somewhat restored in people, they aint all cunts lol.

life aint so bad after all :yinyang:

18 people like this

yep that's a true friend. good on him.

3 people like this

It certainly is Sancho, life of late has seemed to kick me in the balls at every turn and I've had a pretty black outlook on life in general. It's nice how this kind gesture has totally boosted my morale and made me think positive thoughts again

Edited by Sawney Bean
3 people like this

It certainly is Sancho, life of late has seemed to kick me in the balls at every turn and I've had a pretty black outlook on life in general. It's nice how this kind gesture has totally boosted my morale and made me think positive thoughts again

And it is also very encouraging to know that even just a little bud can be used to such great benefit (for those of us who haven't learnt how to grow huge crops yet) :D

Thanks for sharing sawney. :hug:

2 people like this

And it is also very encouraging to know that even just a little bud can be used to such great benefit (for those of us who haven't learnt how to grow huge crops yet) :D

Thanks for sharing sawney. :hug:

Hi Thicky, your right it's amazing how such a small amount a cannabis of any form can help so much, and I was just totally amazed he had made it from something I would never have touched which is why I thought I would tell folks.

Ok its obviously pretty expensive to do and I cant afford to buy solids and turn it into a tiny amount of oil on a regular basis, but its good to know that if things are tough medically then there is an option open to me for some relief when I cant get any clean bud

Aww bless him, what a good mate! :) hope you are starting to feel better now Sawney

Hey Lotty, yes I'm starting to feel better thanks. I will be pretty tender for a few days to come but at least the bile that my gut produces has stopped projectile vomiting out my mouth :puke:

:yinyang:

1 person likes this

I had one of those tricky little bastards, an end ileo, but was lucky enough to have it reversed a few years back. Think I was lucky in that it never gave me much grief aside from the usual leaking and associated loveliness, but I feel your pain dude and completely understand the relief you found when you managed to have a smoke. I always find that the opiate based pain relief regime that they have some gastro patients under can be very counter productive, suppose that's determined by how much bowel you have left though. I can't recommend refining into hash or even better edibles enough, but the you prolly already know that.

Good luck mate. Get that grow on!

2 people like this

I had one of those tricky little bastards, an end ileo, but was lucky enough to have it reversed a few years back. Think I was lucky in that it never gave me much grief aside from the usual leaking and associated loveliness, but I feel your pain dude and completely understand the relief you found when you managed to have a smoke. I always find that the opiate based pain relief regime that they have some gastro patients under can be very counter productive, suppose that's determined by how much bowel you have left though. I can't recommend refining into hash or even better edibles enough, but the you prolly already know that.

Good luck mate. Get that grow on!

Cambium thanks for the input, I believe I'm right in saying you are a crohns sufferer too? Your right the opiate based pain killers they give me do help but to some degree are counter productive. The last thing you need in that situation is to slow things down!

How have you found things after having a reversal? Do you have an internal J-pouch or did they hook you back up properly inside? I've been told that as I have crohns they will not give me a reversal as it will just come back again so its encouraging to hear that you have had it done with success.

Edited by Sawney Bean
1 person likes this

Sorry to hear of your troubles Sawney,sounds like no picnic :( Kudos to your friend,sounds like a goodun :)

1 person likes this

Yeah mate. Crohns. They hooked me back up as I only had a foot or so removed, lost my valve tho, some of my large colon and absorption of vitB to an extent. I elected to have the reversal surgery under the advice of my consultant, GP, family, friends and of course the internet lol I regretted it immediately, The sugery was brutal, I relapsed, had a lot of problems with infection, it crushed my body, my soul and I lost all faith in the NHS for years. Very recently, I realised that I was essentially in remission. Things are different now without going into too much detail, but we cope. So yeah, I'm glad that I went through all that so that I at least have the chance to go about a life without a bag. I know all the surgery particularly the initial emergency affair have only increased my chances of more surgery and a shorter life, but that had to be accepted anyway because of the severity of my crohns and my denial. It helped me understand crohns a lot better and realise what I can do to mitigate it and also what I really care about and the things I'm driven by. I was nearly dead and they took me apart and put me back together. I'm lucky to be alive and in one piece, it taught me a lot.

Be wary though man, I felt well when I had a bag, better than I had felt since being diagnosed at 13, better than I do now and it's taken me nearly 3 years to get here. Make an informed decision.

How much is gone if you don't mind me asking?

Edited by Cambium
5 people like this

they aint all cunts lol.

Good old boy +1 to your mate! Good to know you got a good'un there. Stay healthy

Peace

1 person likes this

Dirtdog, cheers for the kind thoughts man :skin_up:

Cambium, I'm not entirely sure how much they have left me with. I know they have left my tail end, they were going to remove that too but when having the original surgery I had a really bad abscess close to my pelvic area so they just removed that and cleaned the area as much as they could and left the tail end there. as for how much is left at the other end I've never been told. I'm sure that there is enough left to do the reversal as one of the other surgeons on duty over the weekend after the op had been telling me that I don't need to live with the bag for ever and re constructive surgery was an option open to me. My surgeon how ever has ruled it out simply because there's the risk of the disease returning.

I know that I feel far better than I have done for years and having the bag has improved my quality of life considerably, but 2 years on and just having the bag there is fairly depressing. They basically ran out of meds to treat my crohns, it did not respond to anything, so surgery was the only option open to me.

Really good of you to share your experience mate, I've never even spoke to anyone else who has had the same op as me so another perspective on it is great especially as you have gone through it and also had it reversed. Glad to hear that you no longer have the bag and that the decision to reverse it was the right thing for you.I wish all the very best of health for the future, I can imagine the hell you have went through :yinyang:

evilpixiea420, its great to see some plain old fashioned kindness, for too many people in this world life is a one way street of take take take, or I can help you out but at a cost!

cheers man

Edited by Sawney Bean
1 person likes this

Ive got bowel desease and i feel for you guys i truly do.

Thats why im trying weed ive heard such great things and since ive been dabbling ive noticed and easing of my symptoms.

Im now starting to grow for myself.

Theyve offerd me a major op, but since i went 3 yrs with no treatment im gonna try that before i jump in for it

3 yrs from the perforation and hospitalisation till when they finaly diagnosed me.

The NHS in my case was a joke full of self rightous assholes who thought they knew better rather than doing the work to find what it was.

Have fun

Dirk

Edited by Dirkdiggler

Your consultant will likely know what he's on about mate. Sometimes the surgeons can be a little gung ho about fixing up people lol They are magicians but sometimes more surgery, or surgery full stop is not the answer. I know it can be tricky when crohns is a consideration, they likely thought that the reconnect was a valid option because I managed to keep much of my plumbing, it sounds like you have a lot less, so your crohns is playing a larger factor in their decision. I was euphoric after having the first op, 2nd chance at life, health like I didn't remember, no pain (aside from the surgery), support of an amazing family and friends, but I never really had the chance to accept having it forever, from then. Reversal was always on the cards. If it wasn't talked about from the beginning then I may have felt differently. It sounds like that surgeon gave you a glimmer of hope back then and you are thinking on it because you are fed up with that damn fucking bag! lol I took a risk that was mitigated by how much I had left to play with lol Try to be as informed about your situation as you can and demand a full evaluation of the surgery and the actions they took. They should be able to refer to the diagrams the surgeon should have made into your notes, it's how I found out that my appendix had been removed as part of the initial clean up........4years after the affair lol

2 people like this

yeah man hope your better soon mate sounds very painful indeed. Top mate you have got. all the best

Edited by rabid
1 person likes this

You have my sympathies. I know nothing of this disease myself, it sounds horrific - all the best mate. I hope the future brings more healing and health for you.

1 person likes this