Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SupaFunk

Canna PK 13/14 - How and when to use?

26 posts in this topic

Could anybody advise on the best way to use this product?

The Canna website suggests using for a week, 2-3 weeks before harvest, but I've also read about people using earlier on during flowering, and continue doing so right up to flushing.

I personally haven't grown for over a decade., When I did all I used was Canna Vega & Flores, so seeing my mate rock up with an army load of Coco A&B, PK 13/14 and Boost in prep for his first grow had me scratching head / Googling!

He plans to grow in Coco, hand watering, and mixing fresh nutes when required.

Hopefully the wise heads on here can help?

I start using it a couple of weeks into flowering but I start with way less than the recommend dose of 1.5ml per ltr then gradually build it up until flush.

I don't know if this is applicable to your friend tho as I grow in soil and use the Lucas formula...

Hope this helps

Chu / DJ

Thanks guys for your input, I'm even more confused than when I started!

So Chu, you're using from the moment you go into 12/12 or from when flowers show, building up the dosage, correct?

and DJ, you're saying stick with what Canna say on their website.

Anyone else like to chip in and add to the confusion??!! :unsure:

Hi mate..

If you have a look on the guide (fill in the blanks) you will see it only used on week 5 from 12/12..

People do use it longer but it is advised not to be used 3 week before harvest..

Hope it helps..

Peace..

I always start off using nutes at the dose recommended by the maker , I have done a fair few grows with Canna aqua and found it works fine following the directions on the bottle.

Several people have written about putting it in over a longer period at lower strengths and I have tried this too bit didn't notice any advantage over using the prescribed dose.

If your new to the nute.regime I'd stick with what's on the bottle at least until you have a few grows under your belt

1 person likes this

Chu,

Thanks again my friend. I guess as this will be my mates first grow, sticking with Canna's suggested regime is the best advice.

DJ, maybe with a couple of grows under his belt my mate can try your method to see which method he prefers.

Massive thanks to you both for your suggestions.

CF, sound advice there my friend, thank you too.

Play by the rules until such time as my mate has the experience/confidence to 'work outside the box.'

Pk should be used 3rd week from end of flower period which differs, ie with an 8 week strain it will be week 5 but on a 10 week strain its week 7 so you need to know how long they take in flower period. I personally use for 3 weeks on a 10 week strain from week 5 to end of week 7 with good result and no ill effect, just so i know i am catching the optimum week. Just my 2p.

1 person likes this

I'm seeing two camps develop here.

Play by the rules and the modifiers!

I'm sure both methods work, let's face it, you wouldn't be suggesting them if they didn't!

Thanks to you all for your speedy input.

I found that some strains are sensitive to it swhen added at full strength and it burns the arse out of em....

That's why I start low n build up, better to add not enough than too much!

^^ Exactly so the EC stays the same but the ratio of NPK is altered to spike the P and the K when the plant is in full floral production..^^..:yep:

1 person likes this

Alot depends on the base fert you use. For example I use hesi coco bloom which has a lot of N in it. So from around week 2 to 3 I start to cut the bloom feed back and introduce pk (I use 9/18 at the min). As the weeks go on I'm using less & less bloom and more pk, the overall ec stays the same though.

I use the Lucas formula so my base ec never changes....

So you only supposed to use pk for 1 week then? im following the hesi coco schedule and it says to use from week 4 through to 7?