Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bad Penny.

Making seeds...........

56 posts in this topic

I am skimming through "Cultivating exceptional cannabis" "Marijuana botany" and "The cannabis breeders bible",i have hacked seeds before,normally with very little rhyme nor reason other than I wanted seeds,I have done a few decent enough affoe crosses,but this year I have some reputedly very early varieties and some pollen from early flowering canadian strains,I am thinking of planting out a patch of around 100 unsexed seeds,chopping the males as they show(I have pollen already)and selective-pollenating buds on the earliest flowering females,the canadians are streets-ahead of us on outdoor crops and I have access to some decent local west-coast and east-coast seeds,its a starting point I guess :unsure:

Just wondered what everyone else is planning as I know one guy on the boards is doing a decent(100+ plant)breeding program also this year,what strains you thinking of crossing and any intention of feminising the resultant seed?

post-44344-0-03920100-1335085018_thumb.jpg

6 people like this

I have about 50 easy sativa x blues , 20 or so blueberry x blues, and about the same amount of bangi haze x blues and white dominia x blues all going out in 3's and 5's in the midlands . I also have 100's of oldtimes x blues that I hope yours do well BP and a good season to all, fingers crossed. :yinyang:

:smokin:

C :yinyang:

2 people like this

Looking at crossing Guerilla Gold 2 with lebcheese , and any promising phenos from CFP foundation can go in the hack mix too.

I think hacks are great fun especially if the parents are very different in physical traits....

1 person likes this

Im hoping to do some crosses on my 1st year got regs of mango and HP2, can it be as simple as planting them and not removing the males?

Just because of chance and timing im crossing Auto-Onyx male with this damn Indica that auto-flowered under 24/0 due to root restriction.

Figure she aint gonna do too much and I've loadsa Onyx pollen so may as well see what happens next..

If i don't end up with shit , I might get a semi-auto that flowers as sooon as it fills a 10 ltr pot. Takes 7 weeks to flower and kicks ass.

But i'm prepared for shit...

cc

can it be as simple as planting them and not removing the males?

Of course but you will never know what male pollinated which female..

A better way I would have thought (although bear in mind I don't grow outdoors) would be to separate the males before planting out and either plant them else where or flower indoors and collect the pollen to fertilise your chosen females..

A female Skunk no 1 and a female Wizard's Sleeve have been sprayed with STS but a week later no balls as yet :unsure:

Anyway aiming to create femmed:

SK1 X Royal Nepal

SK1 X Frisian Dew

SK1 X Double Fun/Leb 27

and femmed Wizrd sleeves.

All depends on the STS working though.... :yinyang:

2 people like this

Lr2 x purple gem

Pehkuruder x thaipan 2.0

Pkr x thaipan 2.0 x lr2 x purple gem large pheno

Diesel Ryder

Purple mazar

All are early finishers ect the large pheno

I'm avin a go. But i, like the gnome, am counting on the sts working. Do you think it would be worth up the dosage a bit or is it a set ratio to make sts?

Fack knows.

I posted this HERE in Farmer boys thread.

Although its very likey certain, this plan will change

:shuriken:

Whats sts and where can i get some ?

You have to make it out of silver nitrate and sodium thiosulphate. And distilled water. Doubt you can buy it made up. Google feminising seeds and you see about a few different methods/chemicals you can use.

Is it like making that collidal silver to spray then..?

This is one of my aim's for one site i have planned. Ever since i saw the big canadian grow's i knew i had to up my game :smoke:

I will make sure to document how i get on as best as i can!

I have about 50 easy sativa x blues , 20 or so blueberry x blues, and about the same amount of bangi haze x blues and white dominia x blues all going out in 3's and 5's in the midlands . I also have 100's of oldtimes x blues that I hope yours do well BP and a good season to all, fingers crossed. :yinyang:

:smokin:

C :yinyang:

love the sound of blues x oldtimes both of theese are available to me via cut but a cross berween them has me all excited oh i wish the cut fairy would deliveroneof those :skin_up:

2 people like this

im contemplating doing a few typhooon crosses this year

we'll see how it pans out

is your pollen still viable BP?

how long is pollen viable for ?i have no idea about these matters