Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
amalthea

Storing Cannabis in olive oil long term

34 posts in this topic

I want to cold-extract in olive oil, and keep the bud in the olive oil indefinitely (until the oils used-up. I'm thinking of storage in oil for 6 months or longer, would the bud left in oil go back?

I like it strong for fibromalgia/neurology, & I have high tolerance. Smoking doesn't do anything much. So, I normally cook it. However, I find that if I have bud stored/curing eventually I'll start smoking, it's the only time I do tobacco :( So, I decided to convert all the bud to oil.

No temptation then.

Hi Amalthea,google fybromyalgia and hemp seed oil,seems it might help a bit.If so might be worth trying the same process with it.Don't have an answer to your question sadly as I've not tried it myself.Won't taste as nice but as it's for medicinal use I doubt that's a huge issue.There also seems to be some pretty good results out there with canna oil,less temptation maybe if you have that lying around.Whatever you choose to do ,good luck with it and sending you good vibes :yinyang:

Gumbo.

if i were you i would make some cannabutter if i werwe you, you can stick it in melted chocolate and make your own chocolate, brownies, mash potato, toast! what ever you like! :guitar:

Thanks Gumbo, I'll look into hemp seed oil.

I don't like using butter, I've tried it and didn't find it as potent or easy to work with. I do like using creamy milk + crock pot :) Right now I find olive oil easier to work with. I'd love to do an alcohol tincture but can't find anything high proof. Can it be done in normal 40%?

oil mixes ok with honey.I use set honey to make a paste, cake flavouruing can be added to taste (on vanilla at mo) I mixed 200gms of set honey with 10 gms of oil.

this honey can be used to bake with (makes nice brownies) a spoonfull in a cup of tea works ok(aquired taste on the tea)

cold extracted(none psychoactive) or dried and heated to decarboxilate(psychoactive)

I hope you find a good method of use mate..have you thought about juicing raw bud with fruit? best wishes :spliff:

Edited by iky

oil mixes ok with honey.I use set honey to make a paste, cake flavouruing can be added to taste (on vanilla at mo) I mixed 200gms of set honey with 10 gms of oil.

this honey can be used to bake with (makes nice brownies) a spoonfull in a cup of tea works ok(aquired taste on the tea)

cold extracted(none psychoactive) or dried and heated to decarboxilate(psychoactive)

I hope you find a good method of use mate..have you thought about juicing raw bud with fruit? best wishes :spliff:

Thanks for the honey tip. Currently I'm heating olive oil & bud in a electric slow cooker overnight on 'keep warm', works well. Just need to try some different methods of storing it.

Hey Amalthea :) This might be what youre looking for click

Bit pricey but I dont suppose you'll need that much!?

Hey Amalthea :) This might be what youre looking for click

Bit pricey but I dont suppose you'll need that much!?

Sweet. Love you. Damn expensive but worth it. Will 50cl cover an ounce?

Yeah shouldnt be a problem as long as you grind it up well :)

Thanks for the honey tip. Currently I'm heating olive oil & bud in a electric slow cooker overnight on 'keep warm', works well. Just need to try some different methods of storing it.

Mate i've made glycerin tinctures they kick in really fast but i dont think they last as long as oil ones.I make small amounts of olive oil tinctures and store them in jars and add a spoonful to a yogurt saves messing about when you fancy a yogurt and are already stoned

Edited by Jimboo

Mate i've made glycerin tinctures they kick in really fast but i dont think they last as long as oil ones.I make small amounts of olive oil tinctures and store them in jars and add a spoonful to a yogurt saves messing about when you fancy a yogurt and are already stoned

I just bought some glycerine, will try that as well (stores for between 1-2 years). But as the alcohol tincture stores for four years.

Edited by amalthea

Good luck mate whatever you decide are you making large amounts?

Good luck mate whatever you decide are you making large amounts?

Small. A few ounces.

1 person likes this

I recently got interested in learning much more about the medicinal route and I bought some of the polish 95 proof, total cost £35 for 500ml. I also ordered a coffee grinder which cost £12 and both arrived yesterday.

There are lots of different recommendations about how much bud to use and I settled on using an ounce in 250 ml. I am going to try and learn about this at a more technical level because, after you make the tincture, it can be concentrated through heat/evaporation so I am not sure if there is a certain requirement of the alcohol to bud ratio and not to go above it because using ordinary spirits apparently requires a lot longer soak.

Edited by Thicky

I recently got interested in learning much more about the medicinal route and I bought some of the polish 95 proof, total cost £35 for 500ml. I also ordered a coffee grinder which cost £12 and both arrived yesterday.

There are lots of different recommendations about how much bud to use and I settled on using an ounce in 250 ml. I am going to try and learn about this at a more technical level because, after you make the tincture, it can be concentrated through heat/evaporation so I am not sure if there is a certain requirement of the alcohol to bud ratio and not to go above it because using ordinary spirits apparently requires a lot longer soak.

Just a thought Thicky but wouldnt it be better to make the oil form ISO Alcohol? Evaporate that off and then just use the Polish stuff for the tincture, at least that way you're not wasting your expensive Vodka by evaporating it :)