Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soto

Asda Smart Price bitter (near beers)

22 posts in this topic

Owing to a want to reduce my alcohol consumption, I thought I'd give some of the 'near beers' a try. Asda Smart Price Bitter is okay I guess, all things considered. Has a bit of a strange dry after taste to it but it's drinkable in my opinion

Would anyone here recommend low alcohol or alcohol free beers?

Another one I've been impressed by is Bavaria Wit alcohol free wheat beer. It's a bit watery and I'm not sure how they can call it a beer, but it's quite pleasant to drink, a little like hoegaarden.

Edited by soto

Actually saying that this Asda smart price beer on second thoughts is quite poor. I guess I just got excited to be drinking a pint of beer without the prospect of a headache in the morning.

Asda smart price larger is damn fucking awful, as a general rule I don't drink owt under 5%. Maybe you could try going to make your beer purchase just before the shop shuts and buy a small amount, sometimes helps me, sometimes has me up till stupid o'clock drinking 8 cans I bought instead of the intended 4.

2 people like this

lol @ quite poor, it's pish dude.

if you want to lower your consumption , just get one good one.

although , i must ask why you feel you want to reduce it?

if it's for health then smart price beer is not going to help one bit.

if it's price , then you could try having it on one day as a treat.

you might find that it's better to cut it out altogether tho' , as i did on new yrs eve.

well i say i've quit, i had half a pint of baileys mid feb , and a beer "to wet the baby's head" when my mate's son was born a week or 2 ago. :cheers:

it's been hard at times , but my bank balance is a little better and my health , in theory , should be too :unsure:

lol @ quite poor, it's pish dude.

if you want to lower your consumption , just get one good one.

although , i must ask why you feel you want to reduce it?

if it's for health then smart price beer is not going to help one bit.

if it's price , then you could try having it on one day as a treat.

you might find that it's better to cut it out altogether tho' , as i did on new yrs eve.

well i say i've quit, i had half a pint of baileys mid feb , and a beer "to wet the baby's head" when my mate's son was born a week or 2 ago. :cheers:

it's been hard at times , but my bank balance is a little better and my health , in theory , should be too :unsure:

You sure about that then? lol which week was it? you sure you`ve given up? lol

Asda smart price larger is damn fucking awful, as a general rule I don't drink owt under 5%. Maybe you could try going to make your beer purchase just before the shop shuts and buy a small amount, sometimes helps me, sometimes has me up till stupid o'clock drinking 8 cans I bought instead of the intended 4.

I'm with you brother, any lager/beer under 5% just aint worth considering. I drink to get merry or sometimes just down right drunk but I also enjoy the taste. Anything under 5% for a start tastes diluted, watered down and it doesn't get me where I want to go :rofl:

The Asda Price bitter and lager are so bad and so watery that when you pour them they don't even keep a head, they fizz like pop and the 'head' disappears like pop. If I've got to drink cheapo pissy beer I buy Lidl Excelsior lager, it's 4% and £2.24 for 4 cans. It's vile but at least it's actually beer, in a manner of speaking (it's no worse than any other horrible industrial lager).

E2A And by horrible industrial lager I mean pretty much every popular brand of 'lager' sold in the UK - Carling, Heineken, Carlsberg, Stella etc - they are all fucking revolting industrial pish and an insult to the word lager. At least the Excelsior is cheap.

Edited by Boojum

I don't drink much these days but St Etienne from Lidl is quite nice.

Are all your threads about booze soto? lol its just an observation, but all your threads are about lager or wine.

I was worried about my drinking and I stopped drinking. Its the best thing I have done in the last few years. Since I stopped boozing I have felt brilliant, both mentally and physically. I'm not against booze as such but I realised it wasn't a drug that served me well. If you are worried or getting frustrated then give it up for 6 months and see how you feel.

Alchohol free beer is like licking out your sister.

It tastes the same but its just wrong! :ouch:

3 people like this

Are all your threads about booze soto? lol its just an observation, but all your threads are about lager or wine.

I was worried about my drinking and I stopped drinking. Its the best thing I have done in the last few years. Since I stopped boozing I have felt brilliant, both mentally and physically. I'm not against booze as such but I realised it wasn't a drug that served me well. If you are worried or getting frustrated then give it up for 6 months and see how you feel.

I know exactly what you mean, the best thing I ever did was go on a diet as that stopped me from drinking for about four ish months. Sadly though it didn't take long after I stopped the diet to start drinking again.

There is a danger that with all these alcohol posts, people may get a slightly distorted picture here. In terms of how much I drink, it really does depend but I certainly do not drink every day. :E Then again, denial is never a good sigh.

Edited by soto

If only I could live without booze for 6 weeks let alone 6 months :headpain: I gave up tobacco fairly easily but I find that I enjoy alcohol too much. I'm not even a heavy drinker, 4 tins 3-4 nights a week. Bloody hell seeing it written down makes it seem more than it is :unsure:

Dude, just give up the booze and let your head clear up. Make smoothies every day, get nutrition into yourself as best you can, there is a smoothie thread in Food and Drink. Use seeds, coconut oil, green tea, berries and about 20 more different things in each smoothie. Do that for 6 months and see how you feel.

1 person likes this

Lake, you sound extremely enthusiastic about it and its quite infectious :P Maybe it would be good to knock it on the head for six months,....... you know what maybe I might :wink:

Its the best thing I've done and it wasn't that hard. Mentally I feel so much better than I used to feel when I drank. Actually its only been about 6 months for me, I thought it was longer than that. I have had 4 pints on one night in 6 months and that was about 4 months ago. I felt like shit after them. Ill not drink again I reckon.