Welcome to the new and and we hope much improved UK420.com

Please note that this is a very recent upgrade and we are working hard behind the scenes to complete all the tasks so please bear with us if you find anything that's not working quite as it should be

You can use this topic to report any bugs you find or ask questions about how to use the new site

Thank you for your patience

Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dannydotk

Can a hermie pollinate itself?

:headpain: Hi fellow tokers
I am a new grower currently growing a plant from some seeds I was given, I was told they were white rhino seeds and they were fem but from a few days into flowering I started seeing "nannas" apear but it had the whiskers by the stem so I assumed it was female, Until I read up about hermies that was. Anyway I kept growing to see what happened and eventually I found pollen on the plants a couple of days ago. Now, the buds look nice on the plants and the pistils are starting turn orange, but that only seems to be where the pollen has fallen on in the middle and bottom of the plant, The top bud still has all white pistils and doesnt seem to be swelling up like the others. Has my plant pollenated itself and producing seeds?

Help Please??!! :hi:
DK

Yes, it has guaranteed its survival in the rough conditions by pollinating itself (and hopefully others from the plants perspective).

Unfortunely your seeds will carry the hermie trait in a dominant way. And will produce an army of Hermies with a small fraction being usable male/female plants.

:yinyang:

It sounds like it probably has seeded itself mate. You'll have to pick the seeds out when you smoke it and they will be no good to plant because they will carry the hermie trait, but you'll still get a smoke out of it so you haven't lost everything.
Hope its a nice smoke to make it worth the while.
1 person likes this

Cheers guys, I wasnt going to use the seeds again anyway I just wondered if it was gonna be decent smoke still lol :)

[quote name='Dannydotk' timestamp='1333132917' post='3090754']
Cheers guys, I wasnt going to use the seeds again anyway I just wondered if it was gonna be decent smoke still lol :)
[/quote]

Yea, it will still be a good smoke, just a little less potent/less yield since the plant starts putting it's energy into seed production instead of continuing to produce buds. Although, seeds will only form on carpels that have been pollinated. Look for male flowers and pluck out all you can. One cola of a plant can be growing seeds while the others are not.

ATB,
Doke