Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

uk420growergcf

strains not to buy !

553 posts in this topic

I always thought the opposite I had some bangers from freebies and disappointment from full packs of the same strain 

7 people like this

I'm trying to get through my freebies along with one or two at a time that I've bought.. Choc skunk is one that I'm doing again just coz the freebie was nice.. In the past I've over fed, let roots get cold, over watered and just stumped growth with a fair few plants so i can't say with certainty whether or not freebies in general are rubbish, or down to me rubbish or decent tbh. My last grow came out OK but rubbish yield but this one has got me all excited, no cold roots and no overfeeding in this one so touch wood i think I'm starting to understand what I'm doing now, only took about 11 years :wallbash:

7 people like this

Attitude gave better before ,even accidental hacks from some breeder years ago for cheap .Which a lot of folks here grew ,and you only had to spend 15 -20 quid for a few freebies .

3 people like this

Funny how the banner likes a post about not being banned.lol

Interesting thread, never knew we had censors. 

From what I can gather from looking at certain members posts, some people have had issues with Footloose.  I'm glad I found this thread as I have 4 Footloose vegging and one flowering at the mo, I now know to keep a close eye on them and i am thankful for that cause this grow is at a friends place, I'll now make sure I check thoroughly daily instead of every 3-4 days.

4 people like this

On 04/02/2021 at 3:47 PM, catfish said:

why would they want to be on a building site ? and what has that got to do with anything ?

Because they can't take the truth, let alone having the piss taken out off them all day.

Anyhow catfish what's this got to do with you.lol

On 03/02/2021 at 10:52 AM, Greenls said:

Don't think you've been banned yet @icki

Maybe you better post about it some more.

Yeah verge would love that he loves a shit fest.Good for business apparently.lolHis words not mine.

I remember everything V....thats my problem......Check my diary out it will  proper upset the fud.

Anyhow last words from me.Ive broke no rules just told the truth in my diary.

atb...x

The ones that count ill find o

On 03/02/2021 at 11:03 AM, Lean Bear said:

I'll give one thats absolute garbage ime Phenofinders. Only found shite. Mind it was a freebie.

I did a run of their "Simple Wedding Cake".  It was one of the strongest and near on nicest weeds I've grown....but it hermied :( 

Was well gutted, it would 100 have been a keeper otherwise.  It was so nice I even keept a few of the seeds she self-produced and ran them at a later date, they were as good as thier he-she-mama lol 

Take that as 2c worth, awesum plant, prob just poorly made genetics.

3 people like this

On 2/4/2021 at 5:54 PM, Sasquatch said:

Freebies are a scam: the number of people I've seen complaining about crap plants or non-germination from freebies  leads me to think most breeders have a pile of below-par seeds they are only too willing to foist on us.  I've tried 3 since I set up my new drobe, 2 didn't come up and 1 took 5 weeks to make 5 inches.

This is easily apparent to anyone checking it out, freebies = duds.

Thats Bollocks stronest smoke iv had had in years came from a free be from g13  labs it was deadly stuff...not stuff to smoked if you have out to do the next day and i really do wish i could have got a cut of it but it seemed impossible they would not take 

3 people like this

4 hours ago, Smokey90 said:

wish i could have got a cut of it but it seemed impossible they would not take 

But freebies aways produce healthy vigorous plants, right? :wassnnme:lol

2 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

But freebies aways produce healthy vigorous plants, right? :wassnnme:lol

Some plants are just a bitch to clone ya know. Its got absolutely nothing to do with vigour or health. 

My disco biscuit keeper is one of the best plants I've ever come across. 

Its a fucking arsehole to get clones to root. That means nothing.

How a breeder could possibly know that a seed is going to produce is a new one on me. 

My take on freebies? They sent to entice you into buying more.........if they were duff seeds and you grew them and they were shite, its a piss poor way of advertising and getting someone on board.

I'm sure the likes of karma send out shite as freebies so people are put of running his gear. Yea that makes sense....not

A lot of people here are bitching about bad plants and calling breeders all sorts because they ran one freebie seed of a multipolyhybrid x mulitpolyhybrid and expect the Holy grail from every single seed. 

I wouldn't expect that level of performance from fully stabilised line taken to f4 or more let alone from a strain of the latest cut of God knows that crossed to God knows what. 

One seed a strain does not maketh.

17 people like this

The freebie i got with my dinafem seeds didnt even germinate, phoenix seeds OG kush was the one, I did moan about it back at the shop nit letting on it was a freebie but it does make me wonder after reading here how the freebies may well be the shit seeds they've to get rid of. Ive a G13 purple haze there and I won't grow it because I don't like sativa haha 

My dinafem sweet deep grapefruit were freebies and amazing plants, thought it hermied on me but no it gave me just short of 2oz lol

Edited by Firstimegrower_420

Nearly all my freebies have come from seedbanks, not breeders. A poll asking who buys from where would be revealing.

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Nearly all my freebies have come from seedbanks, not breeders. A poll asking who buys from where would be revealing.

Are you now suggesting seedbanks chuck in random seed and label them with breeders names to potentially ruin thier reputation by sending out any old garb? 

Would you let that seedbank sell your seeds knowing that? Not good for business. Think about it logically

Edit. Thats quite an accusation for the like of attitude etc who pride themselves on good service.

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
5 people like this

been buying from seedsman for the last couple of years, all my freebies germinated ok and were a nice smoke/vape, just one prob. i was looking forward to a blueberry last year it was a male still give them 10/10

1 person likes this