Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr Bucket

Clip-On Fan at homebase

Hi all

Just thought I'd pass on this tip. I went to homebase last night and bought a couple of 6 inch clip-on fans. I've been looking for small mains powered clip-on fans locally for ages now.

They are pretty silent on the slower speed and dont blow the plants around too much..and the best part - they are on offer for £4.99!

HTH

MrB

Thanks for the tip dude!

No problem splan, glad someone found it useful. I'm tempted to go back and get another couple, I wan't one for my computer desk now and one for work too :)

MrB

High there,

I don't know which fans Homebase is selling this year, but I bought one last year and its noisy.

B&Q do a much quieter one for £5.99, of which I bought another one last week and it's v.good.

All the best,

Trichome

:)...cheers trichome

I might get another 2 b&q ones then and see the difference. If they are any quieter i'll swap the 2 homebase ones in the growroom and use em for on my desk here and at work..

I thought the homebase ones were quiet though?!?! I will chance wasting 2 quid in the name if scientific experimentation though ;)

/ now where is my SPL meter :D knew it would come in useful one day

MrB

Mr.B, do the current Homebase clip-on fans have a rotating mechanism, or is the fan head fixed?

Trichome

They can be adjusted to virtually any angle possible, but they don't oscillate. Do the b&q ones have an oscillating mechanism?

ta

MrB

High Mr.B,

Homebase must have changed fans now, because last year all they sold as clip-ons (6") were oscillating fans, so they may now be ok - I'll post pics later of the 3 clip-on fans I've got.

All the best,

Trichome

Hey all, just thought id drop in and say that i got one of the homebase fans too, They're not bad at all.  :(

I must be a bit dumb cos I went to homebase and couldn't find any fans like that..........They were just like the average desktop fans for around £20, but Im gonna go back now and do a more thorough search.

We are growing in our bedroom...... will the homebase fan be quiet enough?

Would one of these fans blowing through a section of louvre door be as powerfull as a bathroom extractor for ventilation purposes

The Reefer Man - I think it would be ok to sleep with it on..especially once you harvest..I could sleep through an earthquake after a smoke lol

Hi scotweed - I doubt that would be much use, especially as I just read in another thread that you are using a 600w lamp..

MrB

It was just a thought.

I have a concetina effect of light proofed lovre doors as the entrance to my room. the standard bathroom fans seem pretty shit power wise/noise.

i dont want to spend 100's on a top fan just yet and I want to keep plugs to a minimum. I was planining upon leaving a 6'' sq section of door unproofed and blowing a fan directly at it.

Your setup seem pretty similiar in most respects to mine MR B be prepred for some frantic PM's.

Staye safe