Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Red-eye Jedi

Any Bream anglers?

I had a few sessions on Llandegfedd reservoir last year after the monster bream in there. This water is huge (470+ acres) and it's traditionally been a trout and pike water (british record pike no less) but it's packed full of roach, bream and hybrids of both. We always pre-bait the night before and then hit it in the morning. Nothing fancy in the groundbait, just brown crumb with some molasses and scopex with plenty of hemp. We hit a massive shoal last time and pulled out some clonking great bream, had to empty the keepnet twice. The trout can be a nuisance as they seem to love hemp, must have caught 30+ trout but all stocked rainbows at about the 1.5 - 2lbs mark. The bream were averaging about 7lbs with several touching double figures. On a light feeder rod, 6lb mainline and 4lb hooklength it was a whole load of fun.

It's available to coarse fish in the summer months and is relatively cheap but to get to the best spots you need to hire a boat (which is great fun too).

If anyone fancies giving it a try sometime then hit me up!

i like bream fishing :) i was known as the bream man on my local reservoir after catching a 12.5 lb slab a few years ago.... it was like a dustbin lid :) caught on sweetcorn fished over hemp.. 3lb line straight through on a 13 ft match rod and a small loaded waggler.. fished 12 inches hard on the bottom in 13ft of water

i like bream fishing :) i was known as the bream man on my local reservoir after catching a 12.5 lb slab a few years ago.... it was like a dustbin lid :) caught on sweetcorn fished over hemp.. 3lb line straight through on a 13 ft match rod and a small loaded waggler.. fished 12 inches hard on the bottom in 13ft of water

Ah mate, that gets my mouth watering!! People say that bream have a no fight but usually those people are using a carp rod that resembles a beachcaster. At the venue I mentioned I got snapped off twice using the gear mentioned, there's some hefty fish in there.

yes, small bream tend to give up once you get them to the surface.. but this bugger had a lot of fight in it, i thought id hooked a carp but found out 15 mins later that it was the biggest bream i ever caught.. still never managed to catch bigger yet..ive caught some nice fish in my time, and as i only got one hand i have to be that bit more careful playing them.. have you ever caught a big river bream? they fight like hell :)

i lost loads of gear over the years but a fish like that makes it worth it :yep:

ive had a few decent fish in my time 7lb barbel, 21.5 lb carp, 17lb pike, 7.5 lb tench.. (my fave fish to catch by the way).. my local park lake is full of tench and once had 23 over 6lb in one session fishing 4ft out from the bank with red maggot.

theres a pic of my carp in the tight lines section somewhere ill try to find it

here it is :Pmy carp pb

Edited by weedmonsta

That sounds like an amazing place to fish mate, I can never get past the skimmers on my local waters!

That sounds like an amazing place to fish mate, I can never get past the skimmers on my local waters!

It's not bad like ;)

Trying to attach a pic but the uploaders vanished?

You need to click the button that says use full editor

post-53410-0-39311900-1331117749_thumb.png :rofl: :rofl:

DC1

2 people like this

:rofl:

The best bream fishing I've ever had was on the Thames with light tackle and a small feeder with scalded mini trout pellet. Getting bites all day and when they turn on their sides in the flow it can be a suprisingly good fight. No fun on carp tackle though!

This is the place.

post-71573-0-70474700-1331212329_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

Ive bream fished all my life and was on the open match circuit for many years

I still match fish today but dont travel as much as I used to because you just cant get the match numbers any more and it costs a fortune

I never used to think twice of doing 150-200 mile round trip journeys to fish bream matches

Owd

and never a messier landing net will you find once youve had a few bream in a day!!! they are some of the slimiest things ever to be created...

2 people like this

I like a bit of bream fishing 12.5 lbs from last year, caught on the method feeder and trigga pellets.

post-19366-0-91402300-1332505014_thumb.jpg