Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Claude

Bubble Gum

97 posts in this topic

Bubble Gum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bubble Gum

10 awards

Legendary for its sweet smell and euphoric high. Bubble Gum is a medium tall plant, usually not too branchy (sometimes tall) and producing compact, crystal covered buds. Plants grown from seeds are very similar to one another. Originally the Bubble Gum was developed by growers in Indiana, USA. Later those original genetics came to Holland and were given to two seed companies. Each created their own ‘original Bubble Gum’ from that material. The Serious Bubble Gum is more sativa like in looks and effect, a sturdy and strong plant, with the characteristic, sweet smell (truly resembling a typical bubble gum taste) and euphoric high; the original trademarks of this famous strain. The only inbred strain (not F1 hybrid) in the Serious menu. Bubble Gum has won 4 awards in High Times Cannabis Cups and similar festivals. In 2004 and 2005 it won 5 local and national Cups in Spain alone! In 2006 the Bubble Gum received its best award; it became ‘Plant of the year’ by magazine ‘Soft Secrets’ because many Spanish growers won in local competitions with the same plant: Bubble Gum.

Insert for photo: The original sweet Bubble Gum taste!!

Type: IBL, Sativa/Indica hybrid

Recommended veg. time seedlings: ~5 weeks

Indoor flowering time: 56 - 63 days

Indoor yield: 300 - 450 gr/m2

Outdoor/Greenhouse harvest time: mid/late October

Price: € 70,- for 11 regular seeds

2 people like this

I'm trying this at the moment - popped them in last week got 7 from 11 so far

I think that's ok

Hope it does what it says on the tin Claude

PB72

I'm trying this at the moment - popped them in last week got 7 from 11 so far

I think that's ok

Hope it does what it says on the tin Claude

PB72

Good luck with your grow brother!

Respect

Claude

Grew this out last year, germed 5 got 2 boys and 3 girls.

2 of the girls were a very nice fruity smoke but the 3rd was the pink bubble gum pheno I know and love from my time spent in Amsterdam many years ago.

I found it to be a very all round smoke that I enjoyed day and night. The yield was above average and the plants were easy to grow.

Will be growing this again one day. Pickingboy72 I doubt you will be disappointed.

4 people like this

A little update on me progress with my seven sprouters - 2 males and 5 females, should ensure I get a good spread of pheno's

I also got 2 more come up from the eleven - both were attacked by mould and keeled over, I grew them out in my polytunnel and the weather was lousy and damp, but I managed to save one with cutting it away from it's original root ball and re-rooting it - took a little while but I got there with it, was tiny and only now just growing away now - sex remains unknown! Harvest expected end of October - they're to stay outsiders, in a polytunnel. I clone and label this week - and should harvest my first indoor crop (the real sample!) sometime early Jan. I'll return to let you know my results once they're in :skin_up:

All the best Guys

PB72

:guitar:

how does this compare to bubblegum a few years ago? can i still find a mouthsmcking bubblegum pheno?

Hi Claude, could you please let me know when bubblegum fems will be available?

Many thanks,Thcc. :yinyang:

1 person likes this

Hi Claude, i would have thought with it being an (IBL) that the plants would be consistent? I popped 2 Bubblegums and got two girls which i was very happy with :-) But the two plants were Totally different in growth characteristics, if i didn't know any different i'd have said they were two totally different strains and even though as someone else on the thread said, it's a good all round smoke ;-) , but I was disappointed in the fact that out of the two totally different phenos i still never got the Smell or Taste of the original Bubblegum, even though they were different phenos, they did smell similar, more like a Creamy Vanilla smell and taste. Nothing at all like Bubblegum, a family member got a better result with a Female seeds 'Bubblegummer' that's what was expecting :-( Done AK-47 and loved that, had bud rot and had to chop her at 7 weeks, and wasn't expecting much as i like my girls to be over ripe, but i was pleasantly surprised and will be definitely growing it again soon and have an idea how nice she'd be at 9 weeks.

Cheers

Jasper

Hi Claude, i would have thought with it being an (IBL) that the plants would be consistent? I popped 2 Bubblegums and got two girls which i was very happy with :-) But the two plants were Totally different in growth characteristics, if i didn't know any different i'd have said they were two totally different strains and even though as someone else on the thread said, it's a good all round smoke ;-) , but I was disappointed in the fact that out of the two totally different phenos i still never got the Smell or Taste of the original Bubblegum, even though they were different phenos, they did smell similar, more like a Creamy Vanilla smell and taste. Nothing at all like Bubblegum, a family member got a better result with a Female seeds 'Bubblegummer' that's what was expecting :-( Done AK-47 and loved that, had bud rot and had to chop her at 7 weeks, and wasn't expecting much as i like my girls to be over ripe, but i was pleasantly surprised and will be definitely growing it again soon and have an idea how nice she'd be at 9 weeks.

Cheers

Jasper

Hi Jasper,

I talked to Simon.
He says Bubble Gum has ONLY one phenotype...it is our only inbred line (=not a F1-hybrid) and very uniform and stable.
The taste of a strain is a very subjective experience and some people smell bubble gum others do not.
As long as its a sweet smell everything is OK.
So now my question is where did you bought the seeds?
Respect
Claude
Edited by Claude

Cheers

Jasper

Could add up to many factors and that is what you will hear. Mistakes happen which adds to the issue.

Popped 10 Bubble Gum beans the other day from SS's. I'll let ya know what happens. So far so good.

:)

5 Girls out of 11 beans So far. Oh and one Herm which saw an early demise. :)

Looks like a Bubble Gum New Year! :)

cheers

Edited by gb1

7 girls so far out of 11. Three to show still and one Herm. I'm glad the Herm showed itself so quick. One ballsack to many lol

So, out of 31 beans of Mazar, Marion Berry Kush and Bubble Gum. It's all bubble gum with a few of the others to try for the New year !

Cheers

:)

Are the hermie problems with Serious strains a recent thing?

Never had problems back when i grew their strains out....has something changed?

Not accusing anyone of anything, just curious as there seems to be threads often on hermie problems etc

1 person likes this

I could not say for sure as they are regular seeds after all. It's very possible to get herms as well as males and females combined.

Hell, I could have got all males by luck of the draw.

There is no way to say one way or the other unless you purchase from them and find the same issue each time.

Luck of the draw if you ask me though.

I was not implying there was an issue. Just saying what I got so far is all. 7 out of 11 are great odds lol

Still have to keep an eye on them all though. Ya never know when bad strains can rear their ugly traits.

Have to be vigilant always!! ;)

1 person likes this

Hi Jasper,

I talked to Simon.
He says Bubble Gum has ONLY one phenotype...it is our only inbred line (=not a F1-hybrid) and very uniform and stable.
The taste of a strain is a very subjective experience and some people smell bubble gum others do not.
As long as its a sweet smell everything is OK.
So now my question is where did you bought the seeds?
Respect
Claude

Im sorry Claude but as per my report in 2012....I grew out of the seeds I got from a very reputable online vendor and there was more than one phenotype. Im sorry to pull you up on this BUT only one plant out of the 3 was the pink "bubblegum" pheno.

I have done a lot of grows and know the difference between phenotypes from the look, to the smell to the taste. Don't get me wrong the other pheno's were very nice but not the same.

Im sorry Claude unless the seeds have changed since since 2010-2012 something here is not right! I have always been complimentary about SS strains and Chronic is my wife's favorite smoke BUT to say all the pheno's of bubblegum are the same are just not true.

Could you check the pheno issue or possibly explain what happened to my plants? I would like to get this straight.

Thanks

1 person likes this