Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cursed

What's for lunch

25 posts in this topic

I recently decided to try and eat a lot less carbohydrates so have been eating almost no bread, potatoes or pasta and it's going pretty well. Lunchtime however i do find myself a little stumped with deciding what to have. I've been eating a lot of soup and omlettes and while i enjoy these things greatly and there is lots of variation i am finding myself wanting something else. i'm going to make chilli for tea tonight (minus rice, just a bowl of chilli and some cheese) so tomorrows lunch is sorted. So give me some suggestions guys of something i can make that is as free as possible of carbs and is meat free (no problem using most meat substitutes)?

and obviously what is everyone else having for their afternoon meal today. What's your lunchtime staple (i'm expecting lots of sandwiches and beans on toast lol)?

spicy chicken wings mrs in kitchen as we speak getting em on for me :guitar:

What's wrong with eating carbs ? Any particular reason to ditch them ? Are you trying to lose weight ?

What's wrong with eating carbs ? Any particular reason to ditch them ? Are you trying to lose weight ?

Basically yes.

i've just decided to actually take notice of what i eat for the first time on my life and realised that a huge part of my diet was carbs (bread, potatoes,rice,pasta) and whilst there is nothing wrong with them and they are in fact a vital part of a healthy diet, eating them at the levels i was defintiely had an impact on my waist line. Lunch time in particular i would find myself feeling really really heavy and lethargic after eating sandwiches.

i actually do feel a difference not eating as much and have a lot more energy through out the day.

I'm thinking of making some kind of avacado salsad or something today.

lunch is for whimps..... didn't you learn anything in the 80's?

3 people like this

i did as i was told in the 80's i was only an ickle child lol.

lol

For lunch I generally have soup, or kippers (I love kippers) with brown bread (though if you don't eat meat then I guess you don't eat fish either so that's no use, plus the brown bread is carbohydrate, so all in all that's a pretty useless one lol), or hard boiled eggs with mayonnaise, or bread (carbohydrate again :doh: ) and cheese, or baked beans (with loads of chilli powder stirred in).

today lunch is homade liquid bread and a rizzla and nicotine wrap

Since I've been on the smoothies I rarely have lunch. If I do then I eat some parched peas or some fish on toast (Sardine mainly). Always home made bread too with hemp seeds, Marmite, goats butter, hemp seed oil and other seeds.

Bananas...love um

1 person likes this

Parched peas? Please could you enlighten me? It sounds a bit cruel! Love, gg x x

Most work days it is hummus and crusty bread rolls occasionally bread and cheese. Days off it's usually soup or some form of egg dish as they're free (eggs from own free range chickens).

1 person likes this

skinheads on 2 rafts with 2 poached eggs and grated extra mature cheddar. :naughty:

This was what I made for lunch today :) lots of them some with banana and toffee sauce and some with dried fruit, lemon and maple syrup. :grubsup:

post-3914-0-34567500-1330096844_thumb.jpg

3 people like this