Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DutchPassionTony

Free seeds in return for a grow diary competition

236 posts in this topic

Here is a competition which I hope you will like the sound of.

Dutch Passion will give away 10 seeds to each of 20 or so growers. The growers should be prepared to write a grow diary of the strain, or strains, with regular updates. It will be 10 seeds each, that could be ten seeds of the same variety or it could be 5 seeds from one variety and 5 of another. Or even 3 varieties x 3 seeds.

For every grower that finishes a regularly updated diary with smoke/medical report we will send a merchandise pack (hats, t-shirts etc)and a pack of 10 ‘surprise mix’ seeds at the end of their grow to thank them. Our ‘Surprise Mix’ are random seeds which have somehow got separated from their identity in our seed-packing line. Over time we get stray seeds that we can’t sell because they are of unknown identity. The nice thing about the Surprise Mix seeds is that statistically they are most likely to be our most popular varieties. They are all top strains which we can’t sell, but we would love to know that someone has enjoyed growing them.

Each grower will make a grow diary. If they received 2 varieties they can make 2 diaries. Dutch Passion ask that we can use any comments and photo’s from the diaries for our website. At the end of the year we at Dutch Passion (or maybe we can do the vote on this forum) will vote for the best 3 diaries.

1st Prize will be a €250 coupon code (credit) which you can redeem at our website for seeds and/or merchandise as you wish.

2nd Prize will be a €150 coupon code

3rd Prize will be a €75 coupon code

I will have the usual problem that we can’t send seeds to the USA due to the laws there. Sorry about that. The rest of you will be OK.

Outdoor and Autofem growers can select their own strains. But for indoor growers we will prefer to focus the offer on 5 varieties. These will be the 3 new photoperiod strains (Night Queen, Dark Delight, Freddy’s Best) and two modern ace’s ‘The Ultimate’ (my current favourite) and Dutch Cheese. I can be flexible a bit here I guess. After all my kids don’t listen to my rules so why should you? But I was looking to definitely get a few of you to evaluate the new releases. One thing which would be interesting to see is how the AutoFem’s perform in the UK outdoor climate. So the Guerilla’s should have plenty of fun too.

Clearly there will be a little bit of a competitive edge to this offer, so we are looking really for folk that are confident that they have a good set-up and experience. People that have produced good grow diaries before will be preferred for that reason. And that is where I will need the help of Withnail and the mods if the offer is over subscribed. We are not worried about who can get the best yields, rather we are simply looking for people that can put on an impressive exhibition grow and get some fine looking ladies. I don’t really know what to expect, but this should be lots of fun, and isn’t that what life is for.

So please have a think if this is for you, and if so stick your name down along perhaps with an indication of what seed variety (or varieties)you would like, and whether you are thinking indoor or out. Perhaps take the time to browse our website and choose something that appeals to you. The 3 new varieties have blogs on our website that may be interesting to read for those of you that like to look at detail.

Night Queen, http://www.dutch-passion.nl/blog/2011/12/09/night-queen-new-for-2012-a-world-class-indica-to-complement-mazar-2/

Dark Delight, http://www.dutch-passion.nl/blog/2011/12/17/dark-delight-a-new-connoisseur-variety-for-2012-rich-exotic-and-deeply-satisfying/

Freddys Best, http://www.dutch-passion.nl/blog/2011/12/02/%e2%80%98freddy%e2%80%99s-best%e2%80%99-new-strain-announcement-for-2012/

There is no rush on the application process, when you are ready post below and we will select the lucky 20 in a few weeks.

Good Luck,

Edited by DutchPassionTony
7 people like this

i'll give them a shot :D

i'd take a mixture of the New ones if chosen please, for indoors. 3 of each. :D

e2a: just checked my stash. Got a Orange Bud and Skunk#11 in reserve too :D

Edited by Budelaire
1 person likes this

Stick my name down, need something new to write about. :yep:

H2

e2a indoor.

Edited by hydro2
1 person likes this

I would love to try the Freddy's Best if possible!

Thanks.

Edit to add: I'm an indoor grower :D

Edited by Atomic Haze

Yes please. All indoor Freddys best and the Ultimate would be my choices 1 plant Scrog (The Ultimate) and 9 plant Sog.

:yinyang:

Edited by ska

Would love the chance to grow Freddys best & dutch cheese.

Grow would be in coco under a 600hps.

Cheers.

Penny.

Hey tony, good to see you got your own section up & running :yep: as you know, I'm interested in growing some outdoor plants for this competition... I would grow....

Durban poison x5

& the new auto, THINK DIFFERENT ;) the names sweet for the nay sayers to... well.. think differently ;)

1 person likes this

hello tony , im up for doing the freddys best indoors please if im picked, but will try anything :wassnnme: , thank you dp

I'm up for growing some autos indoor so count me in :hippy:

2 people like this

If i make the grade i wouldnt mind trying 10 of them night queens out for ya!

Even if i dont thanks for the offer, if these new strains are as good as the right ups im sure it'll go a long way to restoring peoples faith in Dutch Passion.

Best of luck with yr new onsite helpdesk, and i hope the new strains do well for you.

ATB Dodgee

1 person likes this

Hi Tony

Thanks for your generous offer, very kind. When does the diary need to be started by please? I'm currently doing a grow comp and wouldn't want to upset anyone by dividing my efforts. I grow organically, indoors under 1000w M/H + HPS and UVB using AirPots and Plant Magic. I'd rather finish my current grow comp and then dedicate some serious love to your Blue Moonshine, Cali Orange or Mazar. I can start in June. Brilliant offer, I wish everyone the best of luck. lol

sincerely

Saddam

Do you want to see how your seeds will do outdoors in the UK? I'm planning on running 10-20 bags of compost each with 3-4 plants each, I'll be using a mix of autos, fems and regs. You can fill as many of the bags as you wish, it will all be documented well.

2 people like this

Hi Tony, - great idea for a competition, and very generous too. Excellent.

I would love to give the Night Queen and Dark Delight a go. I'm looking for a high CBD strain, as I grow primarily for medical reasons. I am really looking for a night time strain that can complement the Morphine and Oxycodone I am on, and help me get a solid, unbroken night of sleep. I already have some decent day time genetics, but am always open to experimentation.

Hi tony i would love the chance to try out some of your strains if i get selected could i get a pack of night queen for an indoor grow and a pack of auto blueberry for an outdoor grow thanks dude.

Hazy :skin_up:

1 person likes this

Hiya Tony. In regards to the conversation we were having the other night in the chatroom, I'd like to offer up a diary on an outdoor GG using some of your varietys.

All will be grown outdoors at 55deg North so should be a good test of just how tough Dutch Passion strains are...................If it can grow up here it will grow anywhere lol

Was thinking about trying some of your autos as suggested by yourself (not sure on variety/s yet).

Let me know if I'm successful

Cheers

Nirex

1 person likes this