Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Salty

Another New Season

19 posts in this topic

As all you salmon anglers know,another season is imminent(the Tay opens on Monday)and I was wondering if anyone is lucky enough to be wetting a line? I fish the Earn myself and will have to wait until the 1st of Feb before I can think about it,and would need to be really lucky to get anything this early on. Although you never can tell and there were a good few early fish last year with a number caught in March and April and no significant back end run to shout about,you just never know.I was thinking about a day trolling on the Loch but I had a day in the boat last year at Dunkeld,spent £200 and caught nothing so any mention of"boat" and "Tay" are likely to be met with serious scepticism!! So maybe not,but I would be interested to hear of anyone else who might be? tight lines to one n all for the coming season,

The Saltyseadog

:smokin:

if I was back home in Ireland I'd be out there like a rat up a drain pipe fishing the wild rivers in Donegal...but alass not touched my rods in 5 years ( illness kept me out)

I have my own hairy Mary flys for the first day out .......

my best springer was just over 16 pounds ... a lovely fresh bar of silver with lice still on the body

I wish you tight lines my friend :)

ye,some of the Irish rivers open on New Years Day,class man!Fifteen ft rod in one hand and a hip flask of MacAllans in the other,always fancied it but laziness stops me!Never mind,as long as this season is better than last

1 person likes this

hey oldsalty where on the earn do you fish. I fish mainly north n south esks and tay/tummel for salmon but usually have a few grayling visits to kinkell bridge and sandys patter!!.

There is some good tay fishing at the monent on the lower beats which includes at least half but if you go during the week when its quiet you can get the full day on the boat on most occasions..At around 30/40 quid per day it good value if the waters right !!!..I noticed on fishtay that they are picking up fish !..If you fancy a day give me a shout for february!!all the best.

Edited by hairyscotsman

lright HSMan.I fish on Crieff club water mainly.Like I said ,the fishing is pretty good for a big note a season and it covers us for the grayling too.I dont really do the graytling myself just concentrate on the salmon.I did look at the fish Tay website and see they are picking up a few fish,in fact it must be as good a start as they have had on the Tay for a while.Would love a day on the Tay sometime and really would like to get back on the West Water and up to the Don too sometime this season.We used to fish on a beat on the Dee early on in the year.Im not sure if you can still get on at Kincausie for a cheap day or not but I will check it out next time Im up the road visiting the family.Tell you what,give me a shout on a pm and al talk to you a bit more.

Salty

Hi all,

Well,its the 6th of Feb and the new season is off to a flyer with 2 dozen off the Tweed and 20 odd off the Dee on opening day,and over 20 off the Tay in the first week.So Im away down the Earn to see if I can locate a springer.Hopes are high.

Salty

I have been out 3 days so far, no fish yet, although I lost a beauty a few mornings back on a black flying c, First time I have been out in a bout 2 years, it's hard to beat getting up at 6:30am to go fishing, cold as fuck, but its good to be outdoors again, plus it gives me a chance to scout some GG sites!

Bonga :bong:

Edited by Bongaman

post-65091-0-36953600-1336599110_thumb.jpg

My club water

Salty

post-65091-0-86533100-1336599376_thumb.jpg

Another stretch

Salty

1 person likes this

One of my fishing buddies caught a 15lb sealiced springer today,the first confirmed fish off our club water. Result

Salty

:pugwash:

Well peeps,its that time of year again and Im just about thinkin of new line,replenishin the lure and fly boxes and I might even patch the hole in my chest waders. Heres hopin for a better season than last,I never felt the weight of a fish the whole season. It was easily my worst season in 34yrs of anglin,in terms of catches,but some good times were had with my buddy and various bits of high quality pot.

So,is anyone else thinkin about it,or maybe got an outing planned? I would also like to take the opportunity to wish everyone good luck and tight lines

Onwards n upwards

Salty

:pugwash:

Here we go again,yet another new season about to kick off in earnest. The Tay of course opened over a week ago now and has been fishin ok as per. Not all of us are lucky enough to get fishin rivers like the Tay on anythin like a regular basis and have to make do with more modest stretches of water

So has anyone been out on the Tay or goin out on another river come the first of Feb? It will likely be late March/early April before I wet a line myself as its not really worth the efoort here until then. Ive spoken to a couple of mates and we might chip in and hire a boat for a days trolling on Loch Tay sometime before then and will of course report any success through the course of the season. Tight lines everyone

1 person likes this

Tight Lines salty ;)

Just started fishing again this year after a 10+ year break. been good so far, not blanked yet! Not caught owt impressive but they were nice fish all the same.

Just bought a boat rod for taking kayaking in the summer so we will see what happens with that...

Tight lines dudes :yep:

1 person likes this

Welcome back to the banks embryo and salty what a picture. The best part of fishing is beautiful tranquil scenery plus the bonus fish or more

1 person likes this